Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Hybrid Cars


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Anyone posting here that has ever owned a hybrid automobile?

Before I retired we drove two cars and both my wife and I needed one to drive.  Five (5) of the last six (6) cars that we have owned have been a hybrid:

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid

2006 Honda Civic Hybrid

2009 Honda Civic Hybrid

2010 Ford Escape Hybrid

Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

the 2005 Civic was the best.  at 125,000 I gave it  to a son who is still driving it.  It has had both an engine replacement and a replacement of the main hybrid battery.

The 2006 Civic was not as good, but it was O.K.

The 2009 Civic had the main hybrid battery pack replaced at Honda's expense.

The 2010 Escape had been a Hertz rental, in New York, prior to our purchase.  We have fond memories of it.  It served us very well for many miles.

The RAV4 was purchased in August.  We are still getting used to some of its nice pints:  E.G.  I set the Cruise Control and leave it alone.  As long as I am traveling over 25/30 mph it brakes and gains speed on its own and I do not have to do anything.  I just have to steer and be alert for what is going on.

We like hybrids.

 

Gregory

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...