Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted January 24, 2017 Moderators Posted January 24, 2017 Hacksaw Ridge is up for five (5) Oscars: Best actor Film Editing Best Motion Picture Sound Editing Sound mixing Quote Gregory
Stan Posted January 24, 2017 Posted January 24, 2017 Missed one YES 6 Academy Nominations for Hacksaw RidgeDirector - Mel GibsonLead Actor Andrew GarfieldBest PictureSound editingSound Mixing Film editing Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators Gerr Posted January 24, 2017 Moderators Posted January 24, 2017 The mood of the Oscar voters is not for patriotism and religious moral courage but for the likes of La La Land which I saw and consider mundane without any compelling message. phkrause 1 Quote
Outta Here Posted January 25, 2017 Posted January 25, 2017 Gerry, I haven't seen La La Land, but as I understand its plot, doesn't it have at least one similar theme to Hacksaw Ridge? Mainly: Hold on to your convictions, no matter what the cost. Quote
Members phkrause Posted January 27, 2017 Members Posted January 27, 2017 From what I've heard, at least NPR, it seems that even though Hacksaw got 6 nominations, it probably wont win anything!! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Mario-One Posted January 28, 2017 Posted January 28, 2017 It has already won three awards in Australia's equivalent to the Oscar award, when it got six nominations for Golden Globe, the theater near me brought it back for more shows God is in control, the timing of this movie is proof of that. I believe it will win at least one Oscar Mario phkrause 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.