Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Ideas For A Program


Recommended Posts

Posted

Sue Thomas F.B. Eye and Doc are both high quality shows made to be an alternative to what Hollywood is offering. Their purpose was to entertain while instilling moral values.

Pastor Greg has the same purpose but has much more Christian content to its programing.

I would like to see ideas for low-budget programs, like Pastor Greg, that a ministry could produce and air on one of our networks.

I can think of a few:

  • A comedy set in an Adventist Community Services center that is light-hearted but highlights the humanitarian work of the church and the gospel.
  • A semi-serious drama but light hearted program set in an Adventist medical school or clinc that focuses on our health message and the gospel.

I think a set could be built for either one of those at an affordable price and scripts wouldn't be that hard to write. If done near a college campus, many of the students may volunteer to act for little or nothing.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Well, I ain't got a TV. Can't afford one. I did appreciate Andy Nash's "Growing up Adventist" in the Review back in the mid-90's. There may be something useful in his ideas.

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...