Gregory Matthews

More on Dr. Walsh

The issues associated with Dr. Walsh are complicated.  It is likely that our CA members will not agree on either what they are or how they should be addressed.

This article is of value in that it attempts to provide some of the complicated context in which the events took place.  As such, it begin with background events, and one must read through these before getting to the Dr. Walsh issues.

See:

http://www.libertymagazine.org/article/feeding-frenzy 

3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

The issues associated with Dr. Walsh are complicated.  It is likely that our CA members will not agree on either what they or how they should be addressed.

This article is of value in that it attempts to provide some of the complicated context in which the events took place.  As such, it begin with background events, and one must read through these before getting to the Dr. Walsh issues.

See:

http://www.libertymagazine.org/article/feeding-frenzy 

I guess one would have to hear one or two of the sermons that has been criticized by the public before making judgment on this case

this point made by the prospective employer in Georgia always left me wondering, because Black was a  lay minister and not employed by the conference.

"After reviewing his sermons, the human resources of the State of Georgia claimed that Walsh had actually violated a Pasadena requirement that he disclose outside employment as a pastor, and that because of this infraction the offer had been withdrawn."

we can make all kinds of controversial statements from our pulpits and this will not bring anyone to the cross, especially in these season where every view is becoming politicized. I don't think it is wise to be judging and insulting when we are hoping for every person to see Jesus love for them, and the value he places on every sinner.  "while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly."  this is what we need to be saying is the most significant aspect of sinners.

...in my humble perspective.

The Wanderer likes this

2 hours ago, debbym said:

this point made by the prospective employer in Georgia always left me wondering, because Black was a  lay minister and not employed by the conference.

"After reviewing his sermons, the human resources of the State of Georgia claimed that Walsh had actually violated a Pasadena requirement that he disclose outside employment as a pastor, and that because of this infraction the offer had been withdrawn."

we can make all kinds of controversial statements from our pulpits and this will not bring anyone to the cross, especially in these season where every view is becoming politicized. I don't think it is wise to be judging and insulting when we are hoping for every person to see Jesus love for them, and the value he places on every sinner.  "while we were yet sinners Christ died for the ungodly."  this is what we need to be saying is the most significant aspect of sinners.

...in my humble perspective.

its called bringing a time of trouble upon ourselves before its necessary, or, in some cases, just spouting off delusions and lies.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.