Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

By Jason Hines – I’m sitting here without a plan. I do not even have a rough outline of where these thoughts will go. If I have a plan, it is simply to write because the Spectrum Blog needs a post for Thursday morning and there is nothing else I want to talk about. I sit here writing now not […]

The post Op-Ed: Castile verdict is a nightmare come to life appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

View the full article

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

  • Moderators
Posted

And where does one look of a remedy?

In military operations, there is a dictum called the Rules of  Engagement  (ROE).  In a review of a military operation, the ROE are identified and it is determined whether or not those rules were complied with.  Once they are identified and  it is determined that they have been complied with, a military person will typically (generally) be considered to have operated appropriately.

Prisons, police agencies and other such have ROE.

My personal opinion:  If, in this case,  the ROE were complied with, they need revision and further evaluation as if such is the case, I believe that the officer operated on the edge.

NOTE:  As many here know,  I have a close  relative   who is a certified Peace Officer.  Over the years,  there have been many occasions when he has been required to decide whether or not to fire a lethal round at another person.  He has never fired such a lethal round.  But, there have been occasions where  he has fired a non-lethal round which is not something that most people would want to have hit them.

 

 

Gregory

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...