Jump to content
ClubAdventist

"Lifting holy hands"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wondered that m`self. Ain't sure yet..

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

Here's the whole verse:

I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

Does any of that sound metaphorical?

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Posted

Quote:

olger said:

Wondered that m`self. Ain't sure yet..

olger


[:"red"] "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." [/] 1 Timothy 2:8 KJV

Considering the context from which this comes, it appears to be counsel incorporating the custom of that time, for the believers to follow when making supplication to the Master they have chosen to follow.

[:"red"] "Hear the voice of my supplications when I cry to You for help,When I lift up my hands toward Your holy sanctuary. " [/] Psalm 28:2 NASB

DOVE.gif

Blessings!

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Hmmm. Not bad, not bad.

gcw

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

How do we know when something is "counsel incorporating the custom of that time" or is a universal dictum?

I am thinking of the same author's counsel regarding the roles of men and women in the church...

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted

Was God's counsel regarding "tongues" in 1 Corinthians cultural? No.. Neither is the rest of 1 Corinthians.

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

So what makes 1 Corinthians different from 1 Timothy?

Methinks you do split straws here.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...