Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted October 4, 2017 Moderators Posted October 4, 2017 Very limited knowledge exists as to the damage that has been sustained by our Church in Puerto Rico. Much is not yet known. The URL listed below, will give some information. Briefly, Bella Vista Hospital is functioning and treating patients. Problems are expected due to the lack of gasoline to run the generators and with food and medication. Antillean Adventist University did not sustain any significant damage. All persons are believed to be safe. Generators along with the fuel needed to run them are working well. See: https://spectrummagazine.org/article/2017/09/28/adventist-church-puerto-rico-begins-recovery-hurricane-maria Quote Gregory
Members phkrause Posted October 4, 2017 Members Posted October 4, 2017 It just seems odd that nobody has looked into solar powered generators?? All these years and I heard someone that was interviewed the other day mentioned that!! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators debbym Posted October 4, 2017 Administrators Posted October 4, 2017 2 hours ago, phkrause said: It just seems odd that nobody has looked into solar powered generators?? All these years and I heard someone that was interviewed the other day mentioned that!! https://www.modernsurvivalists.com/how-to-build-a-2000-watt-solar-generator-part-1/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ecGY3z558I https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/how-build-solar-power-generator.php Quote deb Love awakens love. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Members phkrause Posted October 4, 2017 Members Posted October 4, 2017 Thanks debbym, those are very interesting! Personally I'd lie to see the major power companies getting into doing this big time. You'd think that there would've been somebody/one that would start this. Especially down in the southern USA, lots of sunshine etc.!! But the big power companies want nothing to do with that. I did hear that Duke Energy was kinda/maybe will be working towards solar energy within 10 years, here in Florida!! As our illustrious POTUS says "we will see." Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted October 6, 2017 Author Moderators Posted October 6, 2017 In California the electric utility companies are required to invest in renewable energy, of which solar is one such. Therefore, when I recently purchased a plug-in hybrid automobile, my electric company gave me a $500 check. In addition, I can transfer to a new electric rate system. Further, my electric company will supply me directly with electricity that comes from solar, if I wish. Quote Gregory
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted October 6, 2017 Members Posted October 6, 2017 I wonder where the money is coming from to fund those $500 rebates... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted October 6, 2017 Author Moderators Posted October 6, 2017 Pam: In addition there are both Federal and State rebates that are payable to the individual, but I did not mention those. Here in California, where I live, California requires electric to obtain their electricity from renewable energy sources. This means that the utility builds solar farms and wind farms, to produce electricity. The requirement is an increasing amount over a period of time. However, under the law that requires that of the electric utilities, my purchase of a plug-in hybrid becomes a credit to the electric utility which reduces their requirement to obtain electricity from a renewable source. So, as the electric utility profits from my purchase, they provide me with that $500 check that they sent me. Future rebates to me will come at a later time from both the Federal government and from California. Quote Gregory
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.