Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

image.png

The Pope is going to visit Morocco in March.  The image above is the symbol for this historic trip.  One of the Pope's messages will be one of cooperation and ecumenism between Catholics and Muslims.

Do you notice the Red Crescent in the image above almost surrounding the cross?  Is this a sign that the papacy is willing to embrace Islam? Is the symbolism in the image above that the Papacy is predicting (or admitting) that Islam is about to surround and swallow up Christianity?  If that is so, could this be a sign of the end?

Not saying it is or it isn't. Just saying it may be a development worth watching.

 

Posted
4 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

… , people start coming out of the wood work and try to fit THAT into "prophecy," and I do use the term very loosely here.

from the Church Curmudgeon:

Pro-Tip: Never let the guy who really really wants to teach eschatology teach eschatology.

 

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Posted
5 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

In all fairness, JoeMo did say that he wasnt trying to "teach" us anything; but that he was just asking the question. Exactly what kind of question that actually was/is will likely unfold more as this topic progresses?

It was not really pointed at JoeMo. Just came across it and wanted to share it before I lost it. Keep it for the next time a strange interpretation of Revelation shows up!

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Posted
8 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

One of our older pioneers, Louis F Were was right in his book, The Moral Purpose Of Prophecy," that "HIS - Story" is what the sum and total of Bible prophecy actually is. Where we generally go wrong, go very wrong, is in trying to make it all about predictions and dates and specific nations being the central focus of prophecy. Much of all these are indeed involved in prophecy, but what is the Central teaching or truth involved when scripture talks about prophecy?  Without fail, in 100% of the examples we could cite from the Bible; it always is about "Christ in you THE Hope of glory."

Louis Were! Someone else knows about him! I got interested when I listened to Bill Liversidge talk about him and I have been able to accumulate several of his books. When my current project is done, I hope to get into his works.

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Posted
28 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

Do you have his book "The Moral Purpose Of Prophesy? It is such a good book! I liked it because Were points out in it how Jesus IS and Will ALWAYS be the "central truth around which ALL other truths will cluster!"

I have:

The King of the North at Jerusalem

Moral Purpose of Prophecy

The Certainty of the Three Angels Message

Armageddon

144,000 Sealed

There are a number of his books available as pdf downloads on the net.

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Posted
19 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

every time the pope takes a trip somewhere, or plans a trip somewhere, people start coming out of the wood work and try to fit THAT into "prophecy," and I do use the term very loosely here.

I agree.  Just saying that this trip might be different than a trip to a predominantly Christian (or at least non-Muslim) country.

14 hours ago, B/W Photodude said:

Pro-Tip: Never let the guy who really really wants to teach eschatology teach eschatology.

I'm not trying to teach anyone anything.  I brought up the item for discussion to see what others thought about it; not to "teach or "proclaim" anything.  I agree - this may be no big deal.  But on the outside chance that it is ...

Posted
8 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I'm not trying to teach anyone anything.  I brought up the item for discussion to see what others thought about it; …

I think I wrote earlier that it was not directed at you. Just something funny related to writing/teaching regarding eschatology. We do have some who seem to have a burden regarding new fangled interpretations of Revelations!

                          >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<<

*****************************************************************************

    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

       --Shakespeare from Hamlet

*****************************************************************************

Bill Liversidge Seminars

The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...