Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

The book, the movie, they are out. The public is asking questions. Christianity has been challenged.

Two people from Australia have written the book: THE DAVINCIDECODE: IS CHRISTIANITY "THE GREATEST COVER-[uP IN HUMAN HISTORY"?

If you would like to read it free, you can download it for free at: http://www.thedavincidecode.net/index.ph...6&Itemid=27

The book in 119 pages in length. The file prints out at 62 pages, single side, and half that double sided.

Try it. You just may find some helpful answers.

Gregory

Posted

I have just a quick response, knowing nothing at all about the DeVinci Code except what I've read or heard in the media-----this is my response: We have very little convincing proof that Jesus exists or existed. In short, it is all based on faith and the fundamental question in the human mind, "Where did we come from?...and where are we going? so far we all die and nobody has come back, yet." So our belief is based on faith, simply and totally ..... FAITH in the fact that the Bible story is true. I believe it is BECAUSE Christ was said to have been seen by around 500 people after He was raised back to life. And, while it is strictly personal and certainly no proof, I 'feel' the Spirit of God 'in' this world. I also 'feel' the spirit of evil...I resist that as much as I can... hopefully with His

Spirit's help. May my Lord have mercy!

We have no proof, only presumptions, (perhaps only to write book$) of any other arrangement in Christ's life than that written in the "Word". We have nothing to gain by believing the DeVinci Code or having some strange 'faith' in its information. They can give no proof of their claim. So its long been, I read, a family secret. Well in my family there was a history of buried gold treasure, yep!....but its never shown up so far.

So based on absolutely no rational knowledge, I've added a useless post to your thread, Gregory.

LOL

Ben

  • Moderators
Posted

We are always glad for your comments, Dr. Ben.

Gregory

  • Moderators
Posted

My blog post from today, written before I saw this thread: http://bravus.port5.com/blog/?p=531

No disrespect intended, Gregory, but since I wrote this I heard an interview about it on the radio with a pastor and another few churches with signs out the front...

Truth is important

Posted

Not quite the same content, but it reminds me of the 40 Days of Purpose and the Prayer of Jabez. Why are so many of us ready to jump on the band wagon??

Posted

All we have to remember is that the book is a fiction book & holds no merit. People believe what they want to believe. People write books sometimes just to create chaos.

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • Moderators
Posted

I read the book. It was a page-turner thriller.

I saw the movie. It was a disappointment. It wasn't as riveting as the book.

If people knew their Bibles, there wouldn't be all this angst and hand-wringing over a book of fiction, but rather would enjoy it for what it is - an ingenious blend of fiction and little bits & pieces of history.

Gerry

Posted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Try it. You just may find some helpful answers.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

It would be one thing, perhaps, to take a look at the 'gnostic gospels,' although that is something which I personally would not waste time on. It would be something quite different to read a novel based on those gospels. I can see no good coming from something that so misrepresents Christ . Instead, I would say to 'guard the portals of the mind' and have nothing to do with it. The book should not be recommended reading for Christians, nor should the movie be recommended viewing.

Dave

Posted

We know the movie is fiction because we have been shown much light, but there are a lot of people out there that don't know anything about Jesus. I don't underestimate the movie's subtle (or not so subtle) influence, just as I do not underestimate the positive influence of a film like Narnia. Anything that sows the seed of doubt is working against our cause.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...