Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted July 19, 2019 Moderators Posted July 19, 2019 What place does ambiguity have in our spiritual life? https://atoday.org/the-case-for-ambiguity-doubt-questions-and-uncertainty/ JoeMo 1 Quote Gregory
JoeMo Posted July 19, 2019 Posted July 19, 2019 Very thought-provoking article. I think ambiguity and doubt are integral parts of faith. Hebrews 11:1 says that "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." From that I infer that faith is not yet fact. When we see what we have faith in, all doubt is removed; and faith becomes fact. While I may believe that stuff in the Bible is fact, that doesn't make it universally so. Telling someone who thinks the Bible is just a collection of myths won't accept "because the Bible says so " as an answer to questions of faith. But when Jesus returns, our faith will become fact; and every knee shall bow and every being proclaim that Jesus is LORD. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.