Jump to content
ClubAdventist

John 7:53 - 8:11


Recommended Posts

Posted

Greetings Greg,

20 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

For a new look at the Biblical story of the woman taken in adultery, see:

I was interested in his comment: "While many modern translations now include it, it is usually set off in brackets or parentheses, or marked out with a special delineation or space, or has a comment in the scriptural line itself or in the footnotes stating that this portion of John is not found in most of the earliest, and presumably the most trustworthy, manuscripts."

One aspect that he did not mention is where this passage is located, and evidently even among those that accept this passage the location has been questioned. One thing to be noted the portion that is sometimes omitted starts at John 7:53: "And every man went unto his own house." and this is followed by John 8:1: "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives." This fits seamlessly into the context. The people of Jerusalem had been celebrating The Feast of Tabernacles, where they dwelt in temporary booths. At the end of the celebration and including the Council "every man went unto his own house". The Council had been assembled and they sought to arrest Jesus but failed. They were NOT keeping The Feast of Tabernacles, but were only interested in trying to stop Jesus. In contrast "Jesus went unto the mount of Olives." Jesus was the only one who truly kept the lesson conveyed in the Feast of Tabernacles, both literally and spiritually, His trust was in God, His Father.

On the other end of the passage is the next verse John 8:12 (KJV): "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." Jesus had revealed the dark hearts and motives of those who had tried to entrap him, and opened the way for the woman and those around this encounter to absorb the light revealed through Jesus.

Kind regards Trevor 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 10/2/2021 at 6:23 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

For a new look at the Biblical story of the woman taken in adultery, see:

The Prostitute’s Deliverance | Adventist Today (atoday.org)

 

This was one of the best writing I have read in a while. I certainly agree with Mark Johnson; it was Mary, Martha and Lazarus' sister! What I would like to add is, this one not one man but all of the Pharisees there had slept with her. Knowing her to be vulnerable, had one of them to be with her, to catch her. Dragging her alone to YAHSHUA! I also felt that Mary wanted to die! Men don't know how they are the major cause of women going into prostitution! The reason why I feel it was all of them because of what he left out! YAHSHUA wrote on the ground I feel the time each one of them participated in the act with her. That's why they left!

Returning to Mary, she felt unclean and we don't really know the cause of this act, having seven devils torturing her! He mind was inflicted, depress and deprave. I cannot imagine the torture and humiliation she must had suffered, until she met YAHSHUA! Many of us do not see the hidden agenda about our SAVIOUR, this was plan for her to get the saving help she needed. Men are cruel and abusive to ladies and tear down their dignity. Even the English word women means both wife and prostitute! Why use that for Ms. Adam or any lady?

Now, can you see why Mary came with the costly perfume? Can you see that she was weeping as well and wiping HIS FEET with her hair. Those men at that table did not get it at all! YAHSHUA and THE FATHER did! This lady had been heal and saved from death. Her life have been renewed and respected. I don't know if they doubted her, or forgot all of the miracles that YASHUA had done and couldn't just believe HE was alive! You know when we doubt, I had that problem the other day. It broke my heart that these ladies who having complications were not permitted to get an abortion! 

I don't won't to abort, but I do not know another person circumstance, only YAHSHUA does! HE LOOKETH on our hearts and that's where we should leave it. But, I doubted and I felt that is what happen to Mary. YAHSHUA show her that HE WAS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and she was heal! Have mercy FATHER!

I would like to thank you Pastor Matthew for providing this article! And by reading it, over the years, my feeling about Mary Magdalena could be express!

 

Blessings and Happy Sabbath!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...