Jump to content
ClubAdventist

How many of your church family are you related to?


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

I keep saying that if you are in the church long enough, you will end up being related to someone

It's a small world within the Adventist sub-culture

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

I am not related to anyone in my local church. My wife and I moved our membership to this one about a year or so ago and have not been as active there as we should be. So we don't even know many members.

Previously we attended a church about 20 miles away and were active in the Pathfinders but when the pastor transferred out we switched to where we are now.

My bother and mother are SDA but not members at the local church.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Lets see my sister and her family would be the only ones.

.....Love others as well as you love yourself.

Matt 22:39 (The Message Bible)

  • Moderators
Posted

Theologically, I am related to every single one!!!

Gerry

Posted

none.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

I have one Uncle who is SDA. He joined the church in adulthood. His grandparents, my great-grand-parents, were also SDA, but late in life.

A few months ago, we attended the Pathfinder Fair for my oldest son. I ran into a former uncle there (he is my former step-father's brother). It was totally a surprise. I found out he joined the chuch about 9 years ago. I had no idea! It was neat to see him and catch up and heaer how he became SDA.

Toni

  • Moderators
Posted

Some of my great grand parents were SDA, so I have a lot of SDA relatives - but am greatly saddened by the number especially of the younger generation who just gradually slide out of the church.

Just goes to reinforce that "God has no grand children".

Posted

Myself, my husband, my daughter, my son and his wife.

My father's cousin and his wife were SDA, but I don't kow about their children.

I have family on my mother's side who are much better Christians than many of the SDA's I know.

Posted

My father's family is huge and most of them are Adventists. My immedate family numbers about 53. At our last reunion we had about 120-130 who were Adventists. My mother's side are not adventists.

Now not all of these are in my local church. Only 3 are.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...