Stan Posted August 30, 2006 Posted August 30, 2006 Well, found out where some of our server problems originated at, and now have been up for 36+ hours with out a overuse/overheating shutdown.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Nicodema Posted August 31, 2006 Posted August 31, 2006 what does all that mean? a forum I run elsewhere has been experiencing a lot of slowdown lately and we can't get to the bottom of it. what usually causes such lags? Quote "After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot
Stan Posted August 31, 2006 Author Posted August 31, 2006 every one of the white spots are when the server was shut down... this was, as slaimed, by the people who park my server, because of overheat and over use... I found one thread that took about 20% of all the traffic to the server, it was not needed so I zapped it... been good since then... hopefully i can say that next week as well.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
CyberGuy Posted September 1, 2006 Posted September 1, 2006 It would seem to me that a dual processor with more CPU power on both processors with a maximum 3 gig memory on the server should resolve that issue. Also put external fans on the computer. When I had a overheating issue which the older Pentium processors had a problem with that I bought a computer case with large external fans that blew air over the processor. That solved the overheating problem. Quote Riverside CA
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.