Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

I hear there was a rally in Waco, Texas yesterday.  That is in my neck of the woods but yesterday was the Sabbath.  I decided to skip going to the political rally.  I went to church instead.  Then my family stayed for potluck.  A group of us went to a children's hospital in the afternoon.  Then in the evening our church had a meeting that is part of a mental health series we are doing.  My daughter sang special music for it.  I feel good about my decision to choose the church activities instead of the political.  I think the guy speaking at the political rally was an old has-been anyway.  Probably not much to learn from that anyway.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Members
Posted

Opinion: Trump’s visit to Waco is a provocation of historic significance

For a presidential campaign, rally locations often serve double duty: putting the candidate in front of supporters while sending a message about the campaign.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/24/opinions/waco-siege-30th-anniversary-trump-rally-hemmer/index.html?

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted
2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Opinion: Trump’s visit to Waco is a provocation of historic significance

And I missed it!!!

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Members
Posted
13 hours ago, Dr. Shane said:

And I missed it!!!

 ? So did I!!

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Members
Posted

Donald Trump went to Waco, Texas, to wage unholy war, not a campaign rally

Opinion: Staging a campaign gathering where tragic events 30 years ago sparked the current right-wing conspiracy movement was no accident.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2023/03/27/donald-trump-waco-visit-a-pilgrimage-not-a-rally/70050181007/?

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...