Joe_in_RP Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 Its been a while so I will post this again. You are viewing this site with an Internet Browser. That's what the software is called. Most are probably using a Microsoft brand IE 6. There are other browsers available. My favorite is Opera. It is available at opera.com. It comes with a switch to turn off pop-ups. It does not work with most spyware ( a good thing). It is in my opinion a better software product. Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted June 16, 2004 Moderators Posted June 16, 2004 I almost downloaded the free version last night, then I got nervous and didn't do it. It certainly sounds interesting. Has anyone else here tried Opera? LD Quote LD
Neil D Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Yeah, I have, and it's a good browser. I like it over IE. But I tend to use Mozilla. It also has some benifits that I like, ie the popup suppressor. It tends to be a bit more forgiving of other programs and is likely to work better...But then, nearly any browser is better than IE...But IE is more well known among us non-computer types. *IE=Microsoft's Internet Explorer Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
_david Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Normally i use Netscape 7.1, tried Opera didn't like, it some other one too have the full Mozilla browser and didn't like it, right now i use Netscape and Mozilla's Firefox, still even though netscape is based on mozilla, i don't have one complaint about netscape, and it goes faster for me than all the other browswers. It's popup blocker works flawsless sometimes too good. Quote //_david
Moderators LynnDel Posted June 17, 2004 Moderators Posted June 17, 2004 I used to use Netscape, then about three years ago (or was further back than that?), Netscape wouldn't work right with my Microsoft stuff, so I was dragged kicking and screaming into the IE world, hating having to bow down to Bill Gates. Quote LD
cricket Posted June 17, 2004 Posted June 17, 2004 Of course, there is always the option of NOT using a computer at all. I'm almost certain that is what three young Israelites would have done before "bowing down" to Bill Gates. Quote
David_McQueen Posted June 17, 2004 Posted June 17, 2004 Using FireFox. Brilliant with no compatability problems. Deals with them pop ups nicely. Quote Firstborn Ministries: Spoken and written word, without apology
Joe_in_RP Posted July 6, 2004 Author Posted July 6, 2004 Yes firefox is nice too. I will be switching my customers over to it. It is easy to use. No security problems like Microsoft. Get it here for free!!! Quote
Nicodema Posted July 6, 2004 Posted July 6, 2004 I'm on a Mac. I use Safari. Quote "After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot
wicklunds Posted March 27, 2005 Posted March 27, 2005 Mozilla firefox is what is working for me. The only thing I dislike about it is that it will not work well on IE-Microsoft only web-applications Like when you need to view a video presentation in Windows media player. But otherwise it has been faithful and true. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Quote It is a backsliding church that lessens the distance between itself and the Papacy. {ST, February 19, 1894 par. 4}
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 27, 2005 Posted March 27, 2005 Wicklunds, I just viewed several video clips on Windows Media Player, using Mozilla as my browser. It downloaded them first, then opened WMP to play them. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
_david Posted March 27, 2005 Posted March 27, 2005 One thng cool about Netscape 8 BETA is that it allows you to switch the rending engines. So you can use netscape and when you come across a page that needs IE to show up write you can change it for that webpage directly from netscape. has a lot of nifty features. If you don't mind having to restart netscape everynow and then (due to it being BETA) then i highly recommend downloading it. Quote //_david
wicklunds Posted March 28, 2005 Posted March 28, 2005 Quote: Wicklunds, I just viewed several video clips on Windows Media Player, using Mozilla as my browser. It downloaded them first, then opened WMP to play them. Christine, Thanks for the tip. I guess I havent had the patience enough to monkey around with it enough to have become as advanced as you. I just mainly am talking about going to the MSN website and trying to pull up their video news piece web-page. It constantly says I need to be using IE 6. Have you tried this? Quote It is a backsliding church that lessens the distance between itself and the Papacy. {ST, February 19, 1894 par. 4}
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.