Stan Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 "Often, when I am reading a good book, I stop and thank my teacher. That is, I used to, until she got an unlisted number." Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Dr. Shane Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 Teachers are the unsung heros of society. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators LynnDel Posted January 26, 2007 Moderators Posted January 26, 2007 Yeah, but in school, every kid in kindergarten through about third grade thinks we teachers are just about more important than the president, and a spontaneous hug from a child is hard to beat. LD Quote LD
Stan Posted January 26, 2007 Author Posted January 26, 2007 ...and they are more important... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Taylor Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 I once had a typing teacher in Academy who was an older guy. Years later I wrote him a thank you letter and it meant so much to him. He said that it was a very rare thing to get a thank you. Ever since then I have tried to always thank people for the impact on my life because people need to hear what a difference they have made. My algebra teacher in Academy was such a cool guy. He was so kind, gentle, and patient. Unfortunately I have lost track of him and can't seem to find where he has moved to. I would love to thank him! I remember once seeing a teacher give a kindly hug to a rather unatractive kid. I am sure it meant the world to that kid as that kid didn't get that kind of attention anywhere. It was a hug that said, "I care and you are going to make it". It was cool to see! Neat thread Stan! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.