Woody Posted March 6, 2007 Posted March 6, 2007 How many of you saw the CBS Evening News on 3-5-07? They had a lengthy piece about ACTs and all the good work they do in disasters. It was very positive. And you could see the trailer with Seventh day Adventists on it. And also ASI. They showed them singing and explained how they try to help in more ways than material. Even Kati made positive comments about them. This is the kind of exposure that we need more of in the Adventist Church. I was very glad to hear it. If those of you on the WEST coast have the opportunity ... be sure to watch it tonight. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 6, 2007 Moderators Posted March 6, 2007 Thanks for the tip. The CBS Evening News doesn't come on here in California for another hour. I'll be sure to watch. By the way: Your original post is time-stamped "Today 10:11 p.m." Where do you live?? And how could that happen? Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Woody Posted March 6, 2007 Author Posted March 6, 2007 My time stamp says 7:11 which was the EST that I posted it. I think you may need to adjust your time stamp. I had the same problem after the big move and had to adjust it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 6, 2007 Moderators Posted March 6, 2007 Just tried to do that, and can't find the location for changing it. Any help?? Thanks in advance. P.S. Calculating the timestamp for my post above, I figure the default timestamps on C/A are all Greenwich Mean Time. [or something like that] It's six hours off, for my Calif. time. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Woody Posted March 6, 2007 Author Posted March 6, 2007 Yes ... Go to My Stuff and then to My preferences. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 6, 2007 Moderators Posted March 6, 2007 Thank you, Redwood! It worked. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Key Guy Posted March 7, 2007 Posted March 7, 2007 CBS News archived the text and video here... http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/03/05/eveningnews/main2538244.shtml?source=search_story Quote
Woody Posted March 7, 2007 Author Posted March 7, 2007 KeyGuy ... Thanks for the link. I appreciated this comment there ... I was moved to tears to see young people finding happiness in doing unselfish deeds in working for others who are in a desperate situation. This kind of religion is not a bunch of talk, but religion in action. It made me proud to be an American! God bless them! Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.