Woody Posted March 6, 2007 Posted March 6, 2007 "The closer you come to Jesus the more faulty you will appear" Steps TO Christ p. 64 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted March 6, 2007 Administrators Posted March 6, 2007 To whom? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Beryl Posted March 7, 2007 Posted March 7, 2007 To ourselves! Then we KNOW that there is nothing that we can do to change ourselves. Then we realise our dependence on Christ to change us, and He does that in the way that He sees best. God bless Beryl Quote "Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves." But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.
Woody Posted March 7, 2007 Author Posted March 7, 2007 Quote: Then we KNOW that there is nothing that we can do to change ourselves. Beryl. I appreciate very much what you have said and the intentions of your statement. So I have to apologize for picking it apart. I do so just to point out that some do make legalistic changes that are not of the Heart. Yes ... these kinds of changes are rejected by God because they are not of a surrendered Heart ... but they are changes that are accomplished by individuals outside of God. Satan is not a fool. He will perform good works that will resemble the pure. This is why we are not to judge each other by good works or fruit. It is what is in the Heart that matters so we as Christians will have to get out of the judging business. Appearances will be deceptive. I guess you could say that by their fruits you will NOT know them. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted March 7, 2007 Author Posted March 7, 2007 "All true obedience comes from the heart." DA 668 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.