Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

It's true that sometimes the gospel will cause us to take unpopular stands. But some people seem to get confused and think that the fact that their stand is unpopular is evidence that it's the gospel.

Sad but true. A good example is some of the Jehovah's Witnesses missionaries whom I have encountered. But, more to the point, it is a state of mind or attitude which IMO can involve self-fulfilling prophecies and life commandments. Sometimes people who feel rejected and expect rejection are drawn to cults and other groups which are rejected by the mainstream. I expect, Bravus, that in the classroom a teacher may encounter that type of mentality sometimes??? I wonder what chance such a student has of doing well and succeeding?

  • Moderators
Posted

David:

The issue of conservative vs. liberal must always be made in the context of the time. The flammling liberal of yesterday may be the arch conservative of today. That my not be due to any change in that person's beleifs, but due to a movement of society.

I am reminded of the publication of "Theories of Satanic Origon" by a well-known SDA author of yesterday in which he attacked a SDA college and one of its professors for his libralism. Yet, today that professor is considered to be very conservative.

As to Ellen White, I do see some conservative elements in her. Yet, in major ways she could be described as a liberal in her time, both in doctrine and in application to one's life.

Gregory

Posted

I currently have been experiencing some of the differences between conservatives and liberals. I've come to this conclusion ... Conservatives are hateful mean and unloving. Liberals are overly loving and get the meanness and hate from the conservatives for being so.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Excellent generalization, RW! Nice to see you, btw.

Rejoice always,

your pal olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...