bonnie Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 Depends on the small portion you use to quote. When only negative or seemingly fanatical viewpoints are quoted it is not to make her appear anything but that. When at every opportunity she is inserted into a topic it speaks for itself. But you are right, you will continue and it will be appreciated. Personally I believe you have little if any support for EW. Have a good day, I am sure many more quotes will be on the way. If you do not want a response from me do not address it to me and say that it is for me. Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Quote: Using the same tone Interesting that you continue to "think" you know my tone through the internet. I would ask for just a little tolerance for whatever tone you "think" I may have. Please stick with the issues. Leave the judgment of tone alone and focus on what is actually presented. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Quote: If you do not want a response from me do not address it to me and say that it is for me. I appreciated your response ... and insights. But leave the judgment of tone out of it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
bonnie Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 Originally Posted By: bonnie However if you note he specifically addressed me in this medium.I would assume then he would expect me to respond, otherwise he could have addressed it to you or someone else or generally. Well, based upon the way you jumped on him in the suicide thread, when he addressed a post to me, and it's subsequent furor over his use of EGW comments, I thought I would smooth this out a bit...but since you have express that I am to butt out, ...I will... This apparently is what you call jumping on him (quote)Is this the sum total of what she has said on this subject or is it an attack on EW? One done to make her look foolish,harsh and fanatical??(quote) If I were struggling for my very life the knowledge that no one should care,no one should pray,and all was my own fault according to the denomination I belonged to might be enough to tip the scales. There is nothing funny about the topic of suicide,no humor at all to those dealing with those thoughts or families trying to help them. MLK holiday is a different topic. I really could not have cared less how anyone celebrates or doesn't, till Redwood posted directly to me . Most holidays to most people are nothing but days they get to be paid and not work You may see the connection or the value in what was said concerning EW,I don't and I responded to his desire to bring me into it. It would have been hard to miss the tone with which he did so. Have a good day, I have no desire to spar with you Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Now that we got all that clarified ... Happy MLK holiday weekend to you all. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Lil Star Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 Quote: Well, based upon the way you jumped on him in the suicide thread, when he addressed a post to me, and it's subsequent furor over his use of EGW comments, I thought I would smooth this out a bit...but since you have express that I am to butt out, ...I will... Now, why would you bring a thread that has no bearing on this one into this thread? There was no reason. It figures though. No wonder I don't post anything much here anymore. :( Quote
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Now that we got all that clarified ... Happy MLK holiday weekend to you all. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Kountzer Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 Last week on 3ABN Live, they had a 2 hr. interview with DR. EE Cleveland. Elder Cleveland met MLK, Jr. several times, and had some interesting things to say about him, in light of the sda approach to the gospel, and the 3 angels msgs, etc. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Cool. Any idea if that will be repeated. I'm sure it will be repeated ... all shows are ... But I would be curious to know when. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Neil D Posted January 18, 2008 Posted January 18, 2008 Quote: Well, based upon the way you jumped on him in the suicide thread, when he addressed a post to me, and it's subsequent furor over his use of EGW comments, I thought I would smooth this out a bit...but since you have express that I am to butt out, ...I will... Now, why would you bring a thread that has no bearing on this one into this thread? There was no reason. It figures though. No wonder I don't post anything much here anymore. [sigh]......See Red...I told you...I get NO respect around here... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted January 18, 2008 Author Posted January 18, 2008 Quote: I get NO respect around here Well Neil .... I have one thing to say to you. But it is not original ... for I stole it from dAb and his signature. Here it is .... Apparently some feel .... Quote: It's not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
carolaa Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 I believe MLK Day is a Federal holiday. So city and state offices and agencies will be closed. Banks are not allowed to be closed more than 3 days in a row, so banks will be open Friday and closed Monday. Oh, man, I was thinking today was the 19th and was so worried the banks might be closed for Confederate Heroes Day, and I needed to get money for the guys at work who are going out of town early Tuesday. But, dummy me, today is the 18th, so no worries. Anyway, I mentioned the Confederate Heroes Day to several people today, and so far no one has even heard of it. But I looked it up on Wikipedia, and it truly is an official holiday in Texas. So I wonder if we will get mail tomorrow (the 19th). I also didn't know there is a law about how many days banks can be closed, so that is good to know. Thanks! Quote
Lil Star Posted January 19, 2008 Posted January 19, 2008 JUST TAGGING ON; Quote: Good point LHC. But to the conservative ... it is still a sin and it is ones actions that determine the issue of Salvation or not. So, since this sin was not repented of ... the person is lost. To the Liberal ... we all are saved and it doesn't matter what you do. I would propose another option. God is the judge in my mind .... And HE judges the heart ... not the individual sins. Perhaps LHC that one might fit better into what you have said. One of the reasons I really dislike Ellen White and her so-called counsel is statements like you posted concerning suicide.Maybe they were meant to be a joke as one person said, but there isn't anything funny at all about letting a person know they can't be prayed for. Just this very attitude is why I stopped a long time ago asking for prayer and help from adventists. I've found that they can't figure out what they believe and then try to tell everyone else.how great they are. I thought God was not the author of confusion. Wonder if He ever gets confused by adventists who excel in confusion and nastiness? :R If anyone has noticed (I have) that when I do post, it is either deleted or it is never replied to. I've gotten used to that on this forum. So I am not complaining. Not at all. Just pointing out the obvious if no one had noticed. :S Quote
Woody Posted January 20, 2008 Author Posted January 20, 2008 Last week on 3ABN Live, they had a 2 hr. interview with DR. EE Cleveland. Elder Cleveland met MLK, Jr. several times, and had some interesting things to say about him, in light of the sda approach to the gospel, and the 3 angels msgs, etc. Thanks for mentioning this. I searched for it ... found it ... and listened to it. Wow. Now he is a "manly man". What a powerful speaker. I thought it was interesting how he got the Panthers to approve and protect his evangelistic series. Cool and Manly. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 20, 2008 Author Posted January 20, 2008 JUST TAGGING ON; Quote: Good point LHC. But to the conservative ... it is still a sin and it is ones actions that determine the issue of Salvation or not. So, since this sin was not repented of ... the person is lost. To the Liberal ... we all are saved and it doesn't matter what you do. I would propose another option. God is the judge in my mind .... And HE judges the heart ... not the individual sins. Perhaps LHC that one might fit better into what you have said. One of the reasons I really dislike Ellen White and her so-called counsel is statements like you posted concerning suicide.Maybe they were meant to be a joke as one person said, but there isn't anything funny at all about letting a person know they can't be prayed for. Just this very attitude is why I stopped a long time ago asking for prayer and help from adventists. I've found that they can't figure out what they believe and then try to tell everyone else.how great they are. I thought God was not the author of confusion. Wonder if He ever gets confused by adventists who excel in confusion and nastiness? :R If anyone has noticed (I have) that when I do post, it is either deleted or it is never replied to. I've gotten used to that on this forum. So I am not complaining. Not at all. Just pointing out the obvious if no one had noticed. :S Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 21, 2008 Author Posted January 21, 2008 Happy MLK Day Holiday Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 24, 2008 Author Posted January 24, 2008 Speaking of MLK .... PUC apologized this MLK season for wrongs in the past ... See Below: Bill Knott, editor of the Adventist Review, the flagship journal of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, shared this little-known story at PUC’s annual Martin Luther King Jr. Colloquy program on January 10, 2008. Knott was joined by Milton Hare, now an Oakland, California resident and social activist. Hare, who attended PUC before transferring to UC Berkeley, received a standing ovation from the audience, which packed the large PUC Church sanctuary. The morning program also included an official apology, by the college administration, for racial inequities in the college’s past. “Today we officially apologize to the many African-American students and from other ethnic groups who have attended PUC for our actions which hurt these students, either overtly, officially, or more subtly, and pledge that we will continue in our efforts to make sure that we model the values of an inclusive community,” said President Richard Osborn on behalf of the administrative council. Osborn’s statement refers to past policies that did not permit interracial dating or dorm assignments, and the relegation of minority students to only menial campus jobs, among other prejudiced rules and attitudes endorsed at PUC. “Our apology will mean we will become even more intentional in our effort to make this a true community based on equality composed of the beautiful rainbow of students and employees we will see in Heaven,” he said. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted January 24, 2008 Moderators Posted January 24, 2008 That's encouraging to me, Redwood, since I have found, in my experience, that some SDA institutions do seem to be slow in adjusting to a world where the color/sex of an individual is less important than their character, skills and experience. This is one step on the road to healing. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Woody Posted January 24, 2008 Author Posted January 24, 2008 Laz ... I am very impressed also. Do you think that other SDA schools will follow? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted January 25, 2008 Moderators Posted January 25, 2008 I dunno. PUC is considered "liberal" so I guess many others may not follow suit. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Woody Posted January 25, 2008 Author Posted January 25, 2008 How about places like LLU ...? Is PUC the first one to do this ... do you know? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted January 25, 2008 Posted January 25, 2008 I apologize for not getting you fellows a Martin King Jr. card on Monday. Forgetful.. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted January 25, 2008 Author Posted January 25, 2008 I apologize for not getting you fellows a Martin King Jr. card on Monday. Forgetful.. Thanks Olger .... We forgive you. The thought was what counts. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted January 25, 2008 Moderators Posted January 25, 2008 How about places like LLU ...? Is PUC the first one to do this ... do you know? I Have no idea. Most SDA institutions are not that progressive in this area. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
olger Posted January 26, 2008 Posted January 26, 2008 Gee, Laz, I think the word you were looking for is LIBERAL. How you been Pilgrim? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.