Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Do children go to hell?


Recommended Posts

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

I was thinking about this yesterday. Which children are going to be sealed in the endtimes? The bible says that children will not be held responsible for their father. So how is God going to make a distinction between kids that go to heaven and kids that go to hell? I don t like this kind of lottery idea in which you have got the luck that your parents decide the right thing....

Posted

I was thinking about this yesterday. Which children are going to be sealed in the endtimes? The bible says that children will not be held responsible for their father. So how is God going to make a distinction between kids that go to heaven and kids that go to hell? I don t like this kind of lottery idea in which you have got the luck that your parents decide the right thing....

Do you believe there is some location called Hell?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

Of course, Hell is the place on earth where everybody is going to get consumed away. Anyway, my question is more like, does God apply the mark of the beast also to children?

  • Moderators
Posted

Both the seal of God and the mark of the beast are not marks that people can see. The seal is a settling into the truth about God so that we cannot be moved, and the mark of the beast is a settling into false teaching about God, and making up our minds to disobey Him. Obviously it's impossible for babies to have the seal or the mark in that sense because they haven't been able to make those choices.

We're not given much information about babies in relationship to salvation, either in the Bible or in the Spirit of prophecy. We do know that God loves everyone, including babies, and that He will save anyone He can. We don't know exactly how God goes about deciding that issue because God hasn't told us. However, if it's any comfort for you to know, Ellen White did write of a vision God showed her in which she saw babies in heaven whose mothers weren't saved. That's doesn't mean that all babies will be saved, but it does show that there will be babies saved even though their mothers aren't.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

I was thinking about this yesterday. Which children are going to be sealed in the endtimes? The bible says that children will not be held responsible for their father. So how is God going to make a distinction between kids that go to heaven and kids that go to hell? I don t like this kind of lottery idea in which you have got the luck that your parents decide the right thing....

Ezek 18 makes it clear that children do not burn for the sins of their parents.

In addition we know that just prior to the end - many children and elderly will be laid to rest.

Christ said "Their angels do always behold the face of My Father" and curses those who would cause them to stumble.

The responsibility and age of accountability issue is one that God weighs closely - infants and small children NEED a savior and the goodnews is that in 1John 4:10-14 we are told that God sent His Son "to be the Savior of the WORLD".

in 1John 2:1 "HE is the atoning sacrifice for OUR SINS and not for our sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" -

The infants and small children - cast aside in this world or who pass away due to sickness or suffering - are in the Father's care. They TOO have a Savior!

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Posted

Kids will not go to Hell. There is no such place...........

Posted

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that Whosoever shall believe in him shall not PERISH...

I support Jesus when he said people perish...

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

Posted

I have been to hell and yes there were children there,,,

Oh,,,,,

wait a minute,,,,,

Maybe it wasn't the same hell being asked about here,,,,,

well,,, it was mighty hot and sinful,,,, so,,,,,,

I thought of it as hell...

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

Okay so basically every child in the endtimes receives the seal from God? Otherwise they have to suffer the plagues?

Posted

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that Whosoever shall believe in him shall not PERISH...

I support Jesus when he said people perish...

f

Good Point Stan. They 'perish'. There is not some place where they go and just continue to be tortured forever and ever. NO. They 'perish'.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

Okay so basically every child in the endtimes receives the seal from God? Otherwise they have to suffer the plagues?

Some questions are not answerable ....I believe this is one of them, at this stage of history. Not saying the question

should not be asked, but we have not been given an answer so what is said is purely speculative. By which I guess I mean, do not blame God if you disagree with the answers people give.

Personally there are some things I leave to the Righteous Judge of the earth, Who does not make mistakes....if that is seen as dodging the question, that is OK.

Posted

I cannot answer if any child under the "age of reason" (whatever that might be?)

goes to "hell"...

i can only offer what I conjecture....and offer my own thought.

My loving God....must surely have a means to recompense even aborted babies.

This God too...would not demand that anyone perish for the sake of another.

I cannot believe this God would even "require" the death of Jesus (as is sometimes taught).

"whats in YOUR wallet?"

Posted

I've been to Hell (Michigan) and it's really nice in the spring, summer, and fall. Cold in the winter though. There were children there.

I love to lay out and bake, and I don't think I'd get a very good suntan there (although they probably do have tanning salons, but I don't like them)!

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

I don t feel like some of the guys here take this question seriously, why should you? As long as you are rich, happy etc?

As long as nobody is willing to take a firm stand on the right principles i cannot take you seriously. You are the kind of guys that would have looked away and make jokes about the holocaust if you were living in nazi germany in a period the Nazis were expanding their empire. And you expect to get to heaven?

Well i am not God, i cannot play for judge but i can see Catholics, atheists and criminals with more compassion and who remain more loyal to their concious. Come on guys, have you been programmed to be an adventist robot? Were you influenced by mind control or do you still have any thoughts of your own left?

ps. This message was not meant for those responding seriously

  • Members
Posted

Good post TS. I'm happy to see you still posting. Hope your sabbath has been good.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

I suspect his Sabbath is over ... being in Holland that is.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Originally Posted By: truthseeker007
I was thinking about this yesterday. Which children are going to be sealed in the endtimes? The bible says that children will not be held responsible for their father. So how is God going to make a distinction between kids that go to heaven and kids that go to hell? I don t like this kind of lottery idea in which you have got the luck that your parents decide the right thing....

Ezek 18 makes it clear that children do not burn for the sins of their parents.

In addition we know that just prior to the end - many children and elderly will be laid to rest.

Hi TS,

Bob seems to have "hit the nail on the head" when he wrote, "many children and elderly will be laid to rest" before Jesus comes. I think that this applies to both those that will be saved and those that will be lost.

We know that God knows the end from the beginning and He even knows what we will be doing next year at this same time. This tells me that He also knows if a child will someday choose to trust Him or not and because of this He will save those who will trust Him and trust His ways. (After we see the end result of sin and how God let it all come to fruition so that we can know He is all about LOVE, we will be totally willing to let Him do the right thing in each and every life. No questions asked then 'cause we will know that all He wants to do is what is RIGHT.)

I have heard (or read) that EGW tells us that infants who will not be in heaven will be as if they were never born. (Sorry, not sure where I read this. It does make sense because our God is not into torture, but instead He came to SAVE people from death of any kind.)

So, to summarize this:

1) Infants who someday will trust God completely will be in heaven.

2) Infants who will never trust God will not burn (they will not be tortured either by the plagues or in hell), but will not be in heaven either.

On a similar subject, years ago a little old lady in my church had a very mentally challenged child (very retarded) and one day this lady asked our pastor if her child would be in heaven. He told her that he did not think so, but I have thought about that and I have to disagree. I have come to the conclusion that, because Jesus said whatever we ask He will do, if we ask Him to save our child, He will. Why wouldn't He?

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
 

Posted

Children are not born saved.

[color:#BF0000]1 Cor. 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

So, it depends on the parents. Ellen White said that in the resurrection, "Little children are borne by holy angels to their mothers' arms".

Those babies are restored to their mothers. So unsaved mothers are not there to get their babies. Those babies will be as though they had never been born. Like still born:

[color:#BF0000]Job 3:11 Why died I not from the womb? [why] did I [not] give up the ghost when I came out of the belly?

...

3:16 Or as an hidden untimely birth I had not been; as infants [which] never saw light.

There's not going to be billions of "unclean" children in heaven.

If you say children are born saved, then it would be better for God to let them die before they can sin. They are saved, then sin, then are lost? I don't think it works that way.

I cant make a sig with 30 chrs

Posted

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that Whosoever shall believe in him shall not PERISH...

I support Jesus when he said people perish...

f

Good Point Stan. They 'perish'. There is not some place where they go and just continue to be tortured forever and ever. NO. They 'perish'.

But...Jesus didn't say they WOULD perish in the quote above. It was written, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, then whosoever shall believe in Him shall not PERISH..."

See, God makes a provision. He will give eternal life to all who believe. (And nowhere does it say in the Bible who believes and who doesn't. We've yet to be able to read those books. And when we do, I suspect you'll be in for a big surprise! The mystery of iniquity will be met with a strange act!)

Praise be to God!

Posted

So ... the wicked are also allowed to 'not perish'. I thought that was the reward for those who believe. Could you explain what you feel is actually being said here?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Are you wicked? Through and through? And yet, do you expect to not perish someday? It is a reward for those who believe. What I'm saying is that the Lord is not quick to judge and that He has a greater plan than either you or I understand regarding those who have failed to believe thusfar. His power is unlimited. Why should any of us suppose that the buck stops here at judgment? Why is He so incredibly longsuffering regarding Satan and the fallen angels? It is my belief that He has a greater plan than any of us have ever imagined. We just have to wait and see.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see EVERYONE wooed to the LOVE of Christ? EVERYONE?!

Posted

Nobody goes to hell. Destruction comes to them.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

Are you wicked? Through and through? And yet, do you expect to not perish someday? It is a reward for those who believe. What I'm saying is that the Lord is not quick to judge and that He has a greater plan than either you or I understand regarding those who have failed to believe thusfar. His power is unlimited. Why should any of us suppose that the buck stops here at judgment? Why is He so incredibly longsuffering regarding Satan and the fallen angels? It is my belief that He has a greater plan than any of us have ever imagined. We just have to wait and see.

Wouldn't it be awesome to see EVERYONE wooed to the LOVE of Christ? EVERYONE?!

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
 

Posted

I'm not calling God a liar. I do think there's a lot more going on than is revealed to us, however. And, I don't put it past God to change His mind.

Quote:
God doesn't make mistakes. Why do you think He might judge someone, then go back later and say, "Oops, My bad." The Bible tells us that there is only one judgement, not two, three or four.

Gen 6:4-9 There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. 5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And the Lord repented [it repented the LORD] that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I repent that I have made them. 8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. 9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

Ex 32:9-14 And the Lord said to Moses, I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people! 10 Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation. 11 Then Moses pleaded with the Lord his God, and said: Lord, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians speak, and say, `He brought them out to harm them, to kill them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from Your fierce wrath, and repent from this harm to Your people. 13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Your own self, and said to them, I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven; and all this land that I have spoken of I give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever. 14 So the Lord repented from the harm which He said He would do to His people.

2 Sa 24:1,9-16 Again the anger of the Lord was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah. 9 Then Joab gave the sum of the number of the people to the king. And there were in Israel eight hundred thousand valiant men who drew the sword, and the men of Judah were five hundred thousand men. 10 And David’s heart condemned him after he had numbered the people. So David said to the Lord, I have sinned greatly in what I have done; but now, I pray, O Lord, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly. 11 Now when David arose in the morning, the word of the Lord came to the prophet Gad, David’s seer, saying, 12 Go and tell David, Thus says the Lord: I offer you three things; choose one of them for yourself, that I may do it to you. 13 So Gad came to David and told him; and he said to him, Shall seven years of famine come to you in your land? Or shall you flee three months before your enemies, while they pursue you? Or shall there be three days plague in your land? Now consider and see what answer I should take back to Him who sent me. 14 And David said to Gad, I am in great distress. Please let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man. 15 So the Lord sent a plague upon Israel from the morning till the appointed time. From Dan to Beersheba seventy thousand men of the people died. 16 And when the angel stretched out His hand over Jerusalem to destroy it, the Lord repented from the destruction, and said to the angel who was destroying the people, It is enough; now restrain your hand. And the angel of the Lord was by the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite.

Jer 42:10 If you will still remain in this land, then I will build you and not pull you down, and I will plant you and not pluck you up. For I repent concerning the disaster that I have brought upon you.

And a personal favorite:

Jonah 3:6-4:2 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid aside his robe, covered himself with sackcloth and sat in ashes. 7 And he caused it to be proclaimed and published throughout Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything; do not let them eat, or drink water. 8 But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and cry mightily to God; yes, let every one turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from His fierce anger, so that we may not perish? 10 Then God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented from the disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it. 4:1 But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he became angry. 2 So he prayed to the Lord, and said, Ah, Lord, was not this what I said when I was still in my country? Therefore I fled previously to Tarshish; for I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who repents from doing harm.

Guest truthseeker007
Posted

"And the Lord repented [it repented the LORD] that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7 So the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I repent that I have made them."

"And the Lord said to Moses, I have seen this people, and indeed it is a stiff-necked people! 10 Now therefore, let Me alone, that My wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them. And I will make of you a great nation. 11 Then Moses pleaded with the Lord his God, and said: Lord, why does Your wrath burn hot against Your people whom You have brought out of the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand?"

Is it just me or do you also believe in your honesty that this God is not mercifull at all? Actually it kind of illustrates God his hate toward his own creation. I fear God for he is a very mean and evil character. I cannot Rhyme this God with the God in the New Testament that says that we should overcome evil by doing good. I am afraid of God because he is such a mean and sadistic character. God makes me really sad, he should leave us alone.

I cannot understand how a God who implants so much conciousness and lust for righteousness in the hearts of men can totally ignore us, and even kill us in the most cruel ways. I am sorry but when i look at the bible i don t see a loving and kind God, i see an evil tyrant who looks at us like we are sh.t. I am wondering, why did the New Testament God constantly remind us of him being good and the devil being evil. I think it is because they are actually the same, but there had to be a distinction from God s people and the worldly people doomed to hell. Why cannot God just love us, smile at us, read our hearts and provide us with love? I geuss he is too old to realise that he has become wicked. God scares me to death.

I don t know why i put this song here, it s just a nice song...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...