Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Jesus is coming sooner than some think!


Recommended Posts

Posted

Many people are in denial about the soon coming of Jesus. Just like the Virgins in Mat 24 they are sleeping.

For over 100 years the Adventist church has been preaching about the coming National Sunday law. Many people think it is far off. There has been so much talk about it in our churches that many are desensitized to what it really means. The little red books should be opened and studied about this topic.

thetrumpet.com a survivor of the world wide church of God reports :

Quote:
The Catholic Church wants Sunday observance enshrined in EU law. The European Parliament is debating changes to its Working Time Directive. The Vatican wants a clause in this law that would force every citizen in the European Union to rest on Sunday.

A hideously socialist piece of legislation, the Working Time Directive currently makes it illegal for those working, with some exceptions, in the EU to work for more than 48 hours a week. Workers in the UK are currently allowed to opt out of its provisions.

The bill is being revised. During the second reading, in October, seven Members of the European Parliament tabled an amendment saying that the minimum rest period “shall in principle include Sunday.” The Brussels-based Commission of the Bishops’ Conferences of the European Community (comece) agrees, recommending the directive should say “the minimal weekly rest must include Sunday.”

Now this should not be a surprise. The pope has been pushing this for some time.

Quote:
Thee Pope in his Apostolic Letter, Dies Domini, dated May 31, 1998 but released on July 7, 1998, introduced a matter whichwas both disturbing and of the utmost importance. Ponder John Paul’s words:

Therefore, also in the particular circumstances of our own time, Christians will naturally strive to ensure that civil legislation respects their duty to keep Sunday holy.

http://www.sundaylaw.net/books/other/standish/popesltr/pl02.htm

http://www.garnertedarmstrong.org/Mark_Wordfroms/manews0078.shtml

Many countries in Europe already have sunday laws.

Even Israel has a sunday law.

Quote:
Bill to make Sunday non-working day passes on first reading

Overriding government opposition, the Knesset passed on first reading yesterday a proposed law that would make Sunday a non-working day, in addition to Saturday. The privately sponsored law that would make Sunday a day of rest, in addition to Saturday.

http://www.jafi.org.il/agenda/2001/english/wk3-25/14.asp

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • John317

    26

  • jasd

    15

  • Woody

    14

  • LifeHiscost

    8

  • Members
Posted

Some time ago I was watching a news show on some of the strangest laws that are still on the books of all states. A lot of them are Sunday Blue laws, especially here in Massachusetts. I think I've mentioned it before, when I first moved up here in 1973, I noticed that there were no trucks on the roads on sundays. When I asked about this I was told that trucks could not go through mass on sundays. When I would visit my parents in NY for the weekend and come home on sunday all the trucks were parked in rest areas outside of mass waiting for Monday so that they could drive into mass. Today they can travel on sundays but those laws are still on the books and they can impliment them at anytime they want. There are also other laws about stores opening on sundays that are on the books and they can also be implamented at anytime.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Hi Joe:

I agree with you one hundred percent. I recently read an article regarding Croatia passing a Sunday Law that will go into effect in January 2009 due to demands of the Roman Catholic Church. This article can be view here:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=5378375

We are living in an amazing time. May God help us to make use of our time wisely and be more like the wise virgins with our lamps filled with oil.

God Bless,

Sapphire

Posted

Hi Joe:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=5378375

We are living in an amazing time. May God help us to make use of our time wisely and be more like the wise virgins with our lamps filled with oil.

God Bless,

Sapphire

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." Revelation 13:16,17 KJV

"And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God" Rev 14:8-10 KJV

"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints." Revelation 15:2,3 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Thanks for posting this.

The link for thetrumpet article is here:

link

Also from the article:

The Working Time Directive will be discussed once more in December, and Europe’s Catholic bishops want this issue brought up.

The pope has been a strong advocate of the revival of Sunday keeping. “Without Sunday [worship] we cannot live!” Pope Benedict xvi declared during a mass on September 9 last year, stating that it was a “necessity” for all people.

I wonder if the economy will play a part in this...companies will want to cut down on worker hours, and a mandate on Sunday rest will give them a reason to do that, thus driving support for the law.

Posted

For me personally ... Jesus could come any second. I need to be and am ready to go to Heaven. Are you? Is your neighbor? Is your communnity?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

If Jesus could come any second, that means that Adventist theology is way off. There are number of things will be taken place before Jesus' advent. Some of the most horrific ones are still ahead.

Posted

Not for those who die. Any second I could die and the next thing I know .... I see Jesus coming in the clouds. Thinking that you have more than one second of time on this earth is dangerous theology.

Folks .... we must be ready NOW. Don't postpone it and think you have time. You don't.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Not for those who die. Any second I could die and the next thing I know .... I see Jesus coming in the clouds. Thinking that you have more than one second of time on this earth is dangerous theology.

Folks .... we must be ready NOW. Don't postpone it and think you have time. You don't.

Amen!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

  • Members
Posted

agreed redwood

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

At least on this forum you can discuss signs of the times. On another forum recent developments in Croatia were posted for discussion and person who posted it was slammed by the scoffers.

DB

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

  • Moderators
Posted

Yeah I know. Well you can be "slammed" here, too, but hopefully not as much, and also, hopefully, you will find some who completely agree with you about the signs being important and clear.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

At least on this forum you can discuss signs of the times. On another forum recent developments in Croatia were posted for discussion and person who posted it was slammed by the scoffers.

DB

I can't imagine any SDA not wanting to acknowledge the reasons for signs and what we can learn from them. But, in the end ... there will be scoffers. I don't think it need be contagious though.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

Well, not trying to be a scoffer, but for how long have SDAs been saying Sunday laws are imminent? And for how long have they failed to appear? We'll see, of course, but I'd be willing to wager (if I did that kind of thing) that we won't see enforced Sunday laws in the US before 2015.

Truth is important

Posted

Well, not trying to be a scoffer, but for how long have SDAs been saying Sunday laws are imminent? And for how long have they failed to appear? We'll see, of course, but I'd be willing to wager (if I did that kind of thing) that we won't see enforced Sunday laws in the US before 2015.

When I became an adventist and I went to PUC, I asked a lay person, "when will Jesus come?" This lady was in her 50's and said she had thought that time could not last much longer when she was 25.....She didn't expect it to last that long....That was over 30 years ago....And as much as I would dearly love my Lord to come, I don't think he will be here before my lifetime....And I got a few years to go yet...But then, I might get hit by a truck tommorrow...

I am not saying that my Lord delays His coming...But rather at His appointed time, He will be here to collect His own....But I doubt that it will be within a year's time...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Moderators
Posted

Has there been a "delay"? What's He waiting for anyway-- a certain time, or something else?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

I think Redwood has made the point very nicely above, though: for any one of us, it could be at any moment. I think there's a temptation with Adventist's very organised End Times chronology to think "Well, I can wait until {Sign X} takes place, and then get serious..." Not a helpful approach.

I'd laugh my head off if Jesus came in the clouds today, and half the Adventists wouldn't believe it was him because it wasn't the 'right order'. bwink

Truth is important

Posted

Has there been a "delay"? What's He waiting for anyway-- a certain time, or something else?

Some would say that He's waiting for His character to be perfectly reproduced in His people....frankly, if that is the case, then the end will never come....People, about 3 billion of them, are always in various transition in growth. The same can be said of Jesus' character in His people.

So, I really don't know what delaying Him. I have too many friends scattered thru this world and some have passed on....I am tired of waiting for some moment in time when everyone of God's children will have God's character reproduced in thier heart....I just want this ol' world put out of her misery and I want to start to really live.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

>>There are number of things will be taken place before Jesus' advent. Some of the most horrific ones are still ahead.<<

Exactamente. Have we duplicated the earthly conditions which obtained during Noah's day?

Re: scoffers... sometimes, a clinical assessment of 'our' beliefs are only perceived as scoffing.

>>the next thing I know .... I see Jesus coming in the clouds.<<

Perhaps. Perhaps, not.

1 Thess 4:14 ...even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

"...bring with Him?" ?? What of those who 'sleep in Christ'?

  • Moderators
Posted

1 Thess 4:14 ...even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

"...bring with Him?" ?? What of those who 'sleep in Christ'?

The Holy Spirit inspired Saint Paul to tell the Thessalonians, who were worried about their beloved death, that they would see them at the Second Coming.

Notice that Paul does not comfort them by telling them, "Your beloved dead are now in heaven with God."

Who will God bring with Jesus? Those who died in union with Jesus. They will be resurrected and together both the newly resurrected saints and the ones who had never died will be caught up in the air to meet the Lord. In this manner (says the apostle) we will be forever with the Lord.

Paul has just explained how we go to be with the Lord, and it is not by dying. It is because of the resurrection and the Second Coming. Compare 1 Cor. 15.

All the Bible agrees: the resurrection of the body is absolutely essential. Without the resurrection there is no hope of life with God.

That would not be the case if we go to be with God as soon as we die.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

Folks .... we must be ready NOW. Don't postpone it and think you have time. You don't.

It was statements like that above, that use to have me walking on pins and needles for a good share of my earlier Christian walk. While it is true the Word says, ",,,`In an acceptable time I did hear thee, and in a day of salvation I did help thee, lo, now [is] a well-accepted time; lo, now, a day of salvation,' --"2 Corinthians 6:2 YLT parenthesis theirs LHC

it also says,

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

As well as,

"Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find grace to help in good time for every need [appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it]." Hebrews 4:16 AMP parenthesis and brackets theirs LHC

That which I need to be ready is love for all, and since God alone is love, my hope is in Him who is Love, and He will share Himself with any who ask.

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18 NKJV

"If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?" 1 John 4:20 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

  • Moderators
Posted

Agreed in all points: being ready now does not mean being a knife-edge of perfection or unconfessed sins where if I slip and swear as the bus hits me I'm damned. It means being fully relaxed within Jesus' work of salvation, so that He covers me every moment.

(And yes, it also means the Spirit is helping me to eradicate all those bad old swearwords lurking in my brain so they *don't* slip out at moments of stress!)

Truth is important

Posted

Well, not trying to be a scoffer, but for how long have SDAs been saying Sunday laws are imminent? And for how long have they failed to appear? We'll see, of course, but I'd be willing to wager (if I did that kind of thing) that we won't see enforced Sunday laws in the US before 2015.

Interesting point, Bravus. Especially considering that,

"And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. " 2 Peter 3:4 KJV

and considering this you very well could be right.

"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8

But OTOH:

"Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:

And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:

For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

" Mark 13:4-30 KJV Underlined mine LHC

Is there something here that does not now exist in the world we now live in?

And are we safe when, because we can't see it, we can know it isn't happening someplace in the world.

And above all else, are we really putting ourselves in God's hands if we're looking for all the signs to be fulfilled before we get serious about personal effort to be where God wishes us to be?

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Has there been a "delay"? What's He waiting for anyway-- a certain time, or something else?

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Originally Posted By: John317

Has there been a "delay"? What's He waiting for anyway-- a certain time, or something else?

Some would say that He's waiting for His character to be perfectly reproduced in His people ....frankly, if that is the case, then the end will never come....

It was brought to my attention that the underlined does not say that every person in the body of Christ will be just like Jesus. It does say that He's waiting for His character to be perfectly reproduced in His people. Do you not see His character fully reproduced in the body as a whole. What is His character."

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." Galatians 5:21-25 NIV

Have you not seen all of these gifts, at least one in every heart of someone in the body of Christ, this day that you live? Granted none have all of them of their own, but all have one or more, making the body enjoy all of the gifts of the Spirit. And there is One member of the body of Christ Who has all of the gifts of the Spirit, Jesus the Christ. And we are told we can receive of His character, His righteousness, accounted worthy, just by believing Him.

"Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house." Acts 16:31,32 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...