Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Ingmar Guandiqu ... an illegal alien


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

I guess I don't understand what happen Redwood. Maybe I don't want to know!

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Woody

    17

  • there buster

    14

  • Bravus

    10

  • LifeHiscost

    9

Posted

Hmm, so when your aim is to slander a whole class of people, based on the actions of one scumbag, it doesn't even matter whether, factually, said scumbag is even a member of the group?

Wow.

Okay ... I will go on the record of saying that this mean accusation against me is false. 'Nuff said.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

Then what *is* your motivation. Look at the thread title.

Truth is important

Posted

I'm not talkin' to you any more Bravus. I am sick and tired of your personal attacks and thinking you have the ability to read people's minds. I am sick of it. You being a moderator ... you can get by with it. But personally ... I AM SICK OF IT.

Let's try this ...

Quote:
His free rein to do that and the process of me trying to be conciliatory is over. His behaviour is unacceptable and he's getting called on it, everywhere and every time.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

I guess the freedom of my reins is about to get its toughest test ever...

Truth is important

  • Moderators
Posted

This thread is pure race-baiting from start to finish, founded on lies.

The day I don't speak up in a situation like that is the day my soul has died.

Truth is important

Posted

Quote:
This thread is pure race-baiting from start to finish,

The only guy I knew named Ingmar was Swedish. I have no idea what nationality Guandiqu is, and I have no idea the race of said "Ingmar Guandiqu."

If the Swedes are being baited, my wife's Norwegian relatives may be the culprits.

Addendum. I googled said Ingmar, and discovered he is from El Salvador.

It's worse than I thought. My middle daughter's married name is Guerrero. With my wife's Norwegian background, my daughter may have been getting it from both sides!

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Posted

Quote:
It is true that God gives every person the freedom to do anything they wish. Along with that goes responsibility to accept the consequences. When a person, believer or unbeliever, deals harshly with another, believer or unbeliever, their own mistakes will receive the same as they delivered.

So, when Jesus said, "Get thee behind me, Satan,"

or

"You brood of vipers,"

was he dealing harshly with others?

Jesus' response to His erring disciple was based on the perfection of His own character allowing the gift of discernment in its' fullness, granted by the Holy Spirit. When a person has that perfection of character, he can expect to receive the same Spirit in power and gifts.

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."" 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you"

Matthew 5:44 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

And finally, *this* particular run at the issue was based on the Ingmar Guandiqu story. There are several salient points:

1. Guandiqu has not yet been charged with, let alone convicted of, Chandra Levy's murder. There's lots of speculation and not much firm fact. (He is a very unpleasant criminal who *has* been convicted of some other attacks.)

2. What is being attempted here is to slur all illegals as potential murderers with Guandiqu's case. That is nonsense - incidence of crime among illegals (yes, ichabod, leaving aside the crime of their illegal status) is at about the same level as for citizens.

3. Further, Guandiqu was *not* an illegal immigrant: he had been given amnesty on humanitarian grounds after earthquakes in his own country.

At bottom, the arguments being made are xenophobic: 'those illegals are not like us, they'll come here and kill us all'. They're exactly like us - human beings trying to survive and build a better life for their families. And yes, being exactly like us means that about as many of them are criminals as there are of us who are criminals.

The whole post___Good show, Bravus!

The point I'd like to make is that most of the circumstances that are included in this thread are not able to be controlled on a corporate level. However they all are able to be influenced individually by the conduct of individual Christians who depend on Jesus for their motivation.

The bottom line might be that since we cannot depend on all individuals to even do the things we know to be right, we are going to have to wait till the One Who always does right, to usher in eternal righteousness.

In the meantime, those who are so inclined can ask God to give them the spirit that typifies the disciple of Christ.

"...how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." Acts 10:38 NKJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

I give up Ichabod ... no matter what I say and how I say it ... this member here will inform me of my ill intentions.

At least you know who's side they're on, Redwood.

"Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]." 1 Corinthians 13:7 AMP

Brackets theirs', underlined mine LHC

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

  • Moderators
Posted

OK, Redwood, two things.

One, you know it's not true that I always believe the worst of you. We have interacted and PMed amicably a number of times. I told you this week that I think you're one of the Good Guys. I do *not* always assume the worst of you.

Two, if I was wrong about your motivation, please set me straight. This is a genuine inquiry in a conciliatory spirit.

Truth is important

Posted

we are all practicing open sin

In one sense of the word I guess you're right, CoAspen.

For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10

NKJV

On the other hand, would you mind listing the open sins I'm practicing as I'd really like to 'fess up.

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much."

James 5:16 NASB

BTW, practicing to me means doing anything over and over so you can get better at doing it. And openly would be so that everyone else can see. And there is a segment of society that does exactly that as described in the Word.

"And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another--men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own bodies and personalities the inevitable consequences and penalty of their wrong-doing and going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution.

And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome,

Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,

Slanderers, hateful to and hating God, full of insolence, arrogance, [and] boasting; inventors of new forms of evil, disobedient and undutiful to parents.

[They were] without understanding, conscienceless and faithless, heartless and loveless [and] merciless.

Though they are fully aware of God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve to die, they not only do them themselves but approve and applaud others who practice them." Romans 1:27-32 AMP Brackets, parenthesis theirs, underlined mine LHC

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...