Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 A number of years ago I went to pick up my brother at one of the airports in NY. He was telling me about a couple of 2 hells angels on the plane who had these awesome leather jackets. As we went to get my car we ran into these 2 guys, they were not wearing jackets, they were tattoo's. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 I think that Africa does this also. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Originally Posted By: olger Nose rings can come in handy - they keep a person from rooting. Works on hogs... Rooting? What's that? Have I ever rooted? Hog rings are small, and usually triangular in shape. They are to stop the rooting behavior in hogs, so they don't dig under the fence with their powerful noses. rootless olger Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Administrators Gail Posted March 6, 2009 Administrators Posted March 6, 2009 Wow- interesting! Nope, I haven't done that before. Although I have rooted for others at times. Redwood is better at it than I am, though! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Cosmin M. Posted March 6, 2009 Author Posted March 6, 2009 @olger Now why didn't I think of that? Cause in Romania (and here) we live on a farm and every summer when I go there my neighbors have hogs and they had nose rings and I asked them why and they told me what olger said, so they wouldn't escape the power of the fence! Quote
olger Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Wow- interesting! Nope, I haven't done that before. Although I have rooted for others at times. Redwood is better at it than I am, though! Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Cosmin M. Posted March 6, 2009 Author Posted March 6, 2009 olger, the picture won't show up. Nevermind, it did now. Quote
olger Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 http://www.davis.k12.ok.us/dhs/Cheerleading/cheerleader.png Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 Your new avitar. But than you knew that! pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Cosmin M. Posted March 6, 2009 Author Posted March 6, 2009 Lol. Ok. Here is the site I got it from. http://www.forumsextreme.com/Avatars_Funny7.html Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 Those are pretty funny and it looks like Redwood got his avatar from there also. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Great story, Liz! It's great that you remember it! Do you remind your daughter every once in a while or mercifully not mention it? That's a mother's job! Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Planey Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Nose rings can come in handy - they keep a person from rooting. Works on hogs... Shows how careful you have to be when you travel overseas. This statement means something completely different in Australia. Something you would really not say in polite company... But is CA really polite company I wonder? Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 My mom once told me that when she first became a SDA she used to wear ear rings. But when she noticed at church that no one else was wearing them she took them off and has never worn them again. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 now with that said should we as S.D.A. point this out when visitors come to our churches???? if we lead these people to JESUS old habits will fall away dgrimm60 It isn't our business what visitors wear. The first time I went to an Adventist church, I was wearing my very best jewelry, to show the highest possible respect for God's house. Also, as I had no car, and it started raining when I was too far to go back for an umbrella and still be on time, by the time I got there, my mascara was streaked down my cheeks. If those dear people had told me whatever negative thoughts came to mind, I can assure you it would have also been my last visit to an SDA church. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Back when I started wearing earrings, they were clip-ons. Ear piercing was unheard of in the mainstream. While still a teen, a few pierced earrings were beginning to appear in the jewelry stores. I remember reading, possibly in a teen girls' magazine, a recommendation that we not get caught up in this fad, as it would most certainly die out, and then we would be embarrassed at having holes in our ears. (Where's the "snicker" smiley when you need it?) Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Administrators Gail Posted March 6, 2009 Administrators Posted March 6, 2009 Catherine, you are awesome! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 Yes. She is ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Joe_in_RP Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 In Philippines the Catholic mothers pierce the ears of the babies. I saw one pierced at six weeks. Its sad. Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 7, 2009 Members Posted March 7, 2009 They do here also dgrimm. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.