Woody Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 It appears that teens are now sending porno photos traded on the phone. Some are being prosecuted for this 'sexting'. And it changes their lives. Should this tell us something? What I am wondering is ... Should there be an age limit for children having their own phones? Should parents be prosecuted for giving children phones? How do we protect our children from the porno that is sent on the phones nowadays. Any ideas? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Cosmin M. Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 Taking away phones just means they will either use the computer for porno or just go and buy magazines. Plus, there were a few 6th graders on my bus with PSPs and iPods that had porno on them.... Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 13, 2009 Members Posted March 13, 2009 No redwood, have no ideas. The world is just so bad. Or should I say satan takes anything good and makes it bad. But they do need to be punished, I think that's where parents fail. You want to make your kids as safe as you can, but satan wont allow it. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 Originally Posted By: pkrause Or should I satan pk O.o I'm sorry but I keep forgetting what that means. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted March 13, 2009 Members Posted March 13, 2009 I fixed it cosmin. Your smart enough you should have been able to figure that out. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Cosmin M. Posted March 13, 2009 Posted March 13, 2009 as save as you can pk Don't you mean as safe? Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 13, 2009 Members Posted March 13, 2009 Have no idea what that means either. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted March 13, 2009 Members Posted March 13, 2009 Yep your right cosmin thanks, I'm going to fix that too. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 13, 2009 Author Posted March 13, 2009 Cosmin says it means 'freaked out' which I have noticed that he frequently is. Ha ha Ha ... Ho HO HO Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted March 13, 2009 Members Posted March 13, 2009 pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 how did 11 or 12 year old get cell phone any way??? dgrimm60 Their parents got them for them. They get family plans, so everyone in the family can have their own. Sometimes it's because the parents want their children to be able to contact them in an emergency, or so the parents can reach their children whenever they need to, without having to keep track of phone numbers of every place their children might be after school. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted March 14, 2009 Author Posted March 14, 2009 How did we old folgies ever survive without all the things the youngies have? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 I don't know what the answer is. Everything that can be useful, Satan can always make ugly. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Members phkrause Posted March 14, 2009 Members Posted March 14, 2009 unfortunately this is so true. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Cosmin M. Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 Think positive. If parents were smarter (No offense) they would get them these special phone were you can only have 2 numbers that you can call including 911. There is one that is just like the one I just mentioned except you text those only 2 numbers. Quote
Stan Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 Every wondered where you kids were? Loose them at the mall? Not at the 'pick up spot' etc etc Would have been nice if your kids had cell phones then. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 I agree. A lot of trouble and worry could have been saved through the years if people had always had them. I don't blame parents for giving their children cell phones. But they could easily have it set up so the children can only call or receive calls from their parents. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Robert Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 .... Satan can always make ugly. Satan? Try human nature! If Satan died today we would still have trouble. Quote
Joe_in_RP Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 Quote: How do we protect our children from the porno that is sent on the phones nowadays. How do we protect them from drinking, drugs, sex, crime and more? Number one children learn by example. Number two the Holy Spirit can stop all of this. If we teach them that God is important and His ways are perfect, then it will help. Quote
Woody Posted March 14, 2009 Author Posted March 14, 2009 Quote: Number one children learn by example. Example rarely works for teenagers. They usually want to do the opposite from their parents. Quote: Number two the Holy Spirit can stop all of this The Holy Spirit can help ... only if they want the help. This is rare for many during their growing up years. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Outta Here Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 Some teenagers, but not all--and not even the majority of them, really--want to do the opposite of their parents. Many teenagers wish to please their parents and are great young adults! Teaching children to be respectful of themselves and others is key to keeping them from engaging in such crude activities as "sexting". To be completely honest, the only thing a parent really need do is be active in their children's lives throughout their lives. Quote
Robert Posted March 14, 2009 Posted March 14, 2009 Some teenagers, but not all--and not even the majority of them, really--want to do the opposite of their parents. Many teenagers wish to please their parents and are great young adults! Teaching children to be respectful of themselves and others is key to keeping them from engaging in such crude activities as "sexting". To be completely honest, the only thing a parent really need do is be active in their children's lives throughout their lives. Redwood said, "This is rare for many during their growing up years." I must agree with Redwood. It is in their nature to live for self. What did EGW say concerning outward conformity? Fear of punishment (mom and dad will kill me if I do that...) hope of reward (receiving something for good behavior) availeth nothing.... So while a kid might be doing the correct thing outwardly, inwardly it is very possible they are doing it for the wrong motive, which in heaven's eyes, is sin. Fear of punishment or hope of a reward isn't based in love - it's based in selfishness - iniquity. Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 14, 2009 Members Posted March 14, 2009 Robert I do agree with your statements, but at the same time I can remember hearing from someone, not sure who, that a good habit is better than a bad one. Now I'm not saying this is something that we should work for. I know for myself there have been times that I did that, and eventually I came to see that I started enjoying doing that because I was starting to do it because I really loved my Lord and Savior. So you can start out doing things for selfish reasons but end up doing it for the right reason. My 2 cents worth. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.