Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Warning from David Wilkerson


Recommended Posts

Posted

Fair `nuff Aub.

og out

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

  • Moderators
Posted

Yep, I wasn't attacking David Wilkerson either - I've been blessed by his books and his ministry in the past too.

I'm sure he's sincere in his witness. Any call to repentance has value, because we all need repentance. Whether there is a specific incident for the nation or not, each individual can undergo calamity at any time.

We just need to be careful not to bolster truth with lies. If we do, we weaken the power of the truth.

Truth is important

Posted

I am just wondering thru this thread, due to my being lost....

And when I hear that David Wilkerson is speaking or the authenticity of the man, I pass by....as my experience with the man leaves me with something to be desired....

The man trys to pass himself off as a prophet, weather for the world or for America, I am not sure...but definately a prophet...And I will admit that there is an sincereity in his plea for repentance.....

In '76 or 77, David Wilkerson came to PUC...and gave a pointed message of repentance, to which many at PUC heard and listened...He said something during his talk that stopped me cold...Now, many a pastor will ask for money and David Wilkerson was no different. But he said, in the course of discusing the offering for himself, that he was visiting professor at Andrews. I remember the way that he said it made it seem that he was one of several teachers who taught regularly at andrews.

..When I followed up on this, I found out that he teaches, or did at the time, one weekend a month, and as I recall, for some seminar on prophecy. So, he wasn't honest in this area, but rather said those things to get money....thru our trust.

And he literally concluded, "So you can trust me."

Now, experience has always told me that when someone assures me that they are trustworthy, 9 out of 10 times, they are worthless.

So, when David Wilkerson teaches the Gospel, I listen...But when David Wilkerson teaches me about prophecy, I just say, "uh huh." and search for snake oil and how much it's gonna cost...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

So he is an Adventist. Interesting.

Thank you Neil for that experience.

The good thing is he is not setting a date. PTL.

Posted

No, he is NOT an adventist....never has been....

What he did was say one thing and did something else..He said that he was a professor, and he wasn't.....

So, having said that, I will wander off...obeying the mandate I was given...that of "Get lost, Neil."

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

David Wilkerson is Pentecostal.

I am surprised that he was teaching anything, any time at Andrews, considering the Adventist position on the Pentecostal Movement.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Ahhh the picture becomes clearer.

Posted

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
Wilkerson's warning message should up again in the OP of this thread posted on Townhall as can be seen at this link

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthread...html#Post226925

in Christ,

Bob

That link didn't work for me. Here's the link to the blog site: Wilkerson Blog warning message

Indeed the link I gave is to the OP of a thread that includes the message by Wilkerson in the OP as well as a link to his entire blog - if I could edit it I would...Thanks for pointing that out bwink .

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Posted

BTW - I knew an SDA physics prophessor from Brazil who was a "visiting professor" at NC State where the staff is primarily atheist and agnostic. That did not make the guy I knew - an atheist.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Posted

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs

That link didn't work for me. Here's the link to the blog site: Wilkerson Blog warning message [/quote']

Indeed the link I gave is to the OP of a thread that includes the message by Wilkerson in the OP as well as a link to his entire blog - if I could edit it I would...Thanks for pointing that out bwink .

Here's a link that works for the thread BobRyan was pointing out: http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/226925/I_noticed_some_Wakeup_Calls_be.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...