Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Greatful For Prohibition


Recommended Posts

Posted

That doesn't mean people don't still use them anyway. People do a lot of things that are against the law when they think they can get away with it. If you drive the speed limit, almost everyone passes you. If someone is making a left turn, people pass on the shoulder even though it's illegal. And of course, people still drink and drive, drive without a license, etc.

My father in law's cousin Harry still drove after his license was taken away because he couldn't see well enough anymore in his old age. He didn't stop until the police told him that if they caught him one more time he would go to jail. The streets would have been a lot safer if they'd arrested him the first time and made him spend a few hours in jail.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

As mentioned before I work in a driver license office. the things I mentioned are based on what people tell me and what I see. These are people who have DUI convictions and have had their lic. taken away for several years.

A beer co., busch, sends thier young truck drivers through the office, something like 10 to 15 a month, to get their class A license so that they can drive beer trucks.

I see both sides. People who make a living on beer, etc., people who are caught driving drunk, and have to pay for it.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Posted

I believe that any public place that serves alcohol should be required to take the customer's keys (or driver's license if they claim they did not drive) when serving them a drink. When the customer is prepared to leave they must than pass a breathalyzer (conveniently located) to get their keys or license back. If they fail they must produce a sober driver that will take them home or call a taxi.

Excellent idea, Shane.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Bleck! Can't stand root beer....but I really enjoy coke floats. I also remember watching some western show, and one of the cowboys going into the saloon ordering a sarsparilla.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Posted

To me, Coke and Pepsi taste like what I imagine dirty dishwater would taste like. I love Dr. Pepper, root beer, and creme soda. Now that's flavor! (Actually, I rarely drink any kind of soda, but those are the ones I like.)

Posted

Is soda less unhealthy for you if you drink it flat? I don't like fizz, so this would be great news for me.

Posted

I used to like root beer, but I never could stand colas. They tasted to me about like carolaa described them. But I don't drink any kind of carbonated drinks any more. It's been so long, I probably wouldn't even like them if I tried them now. I think they are an acquired taste. I well remember the first time my husband & I gave some to our then-toddler daughter. She pulled back from it and made a face.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Carolaa, you crack me up...dirty dishwater..gross!!!

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...