LifeHiscost Posted April 14, 2009 Posted April 14, 2009 tears can be shed for someone else's success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY God bless! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Planey Posted April 14, 2009 Posted April 14, 2009 We have had this footage aired on all the main TV channels here for the past week or so, and yet I still had tears in my eyes as I watched and listened again. That lady is magnificent and I hope she suceeds beyond her greatest aspirations. And I believe she will. A female Paul Potts. Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted April 14, 2009 Members Posted April 14, 2009 I hope she wins the competition!!!!!! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 14, 2009 Posted April 14, 2009 Her voice is awesome. My son said he'd never heard a voice that good on American Idol. Those guys backstage seemed to have taken quite a liking to her even before they heard her sing, don't you think? I hope that success won't change her simple, unsophisticated demeanor. It's charming, very endearing. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 15, 2009 Posted April 15, 2009 When my husband got home tonight, I showed him this video. As soon as he saw the way she talked and acted, and the way she walked out on the stage, he thought of Jim Nabors. So he was expecting her to be like him and surprise everyone. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Moderators LynnDel Posted April 15, 2009 Moderators Posted April 15, 2009 This 7-minute video took me over an hour to download on dial-up, but I did it because it was so highly recommended. Well worth it! LD Quote LD
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted April 15, 2009 Members Posted April 15, 2009 They showed the video clip on ABC News last night. This lady is really good!!! I think she is going to be the winner in the competition. She's just stolen everybody's hearts with her singing and her personality... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted April 15, 2009 Author Posted April 15, 2009 They showed the video clip on ABC News last night. This lady is really good!!! I think she is going to be the winner in the competition. She's just stolen everybody's hearts with her singing and her personality... She appears to be the best in innocence. (never been kissed) Hope her new found fame doesn't spoil it for her. Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 Unfortunately, this story may not have the happy ending we all wish for her. This morning, after watching the clip for probably the 6th time, I clicked on all the fan site links. Miss Doyle has stated that what she most wants to get out of this is a husband. She doesn't plan on being alone for long. She apparently somehow has managed not to learn by observation in her 47 years that any man who pursues her because of her new-found celebrity will only be interested in what he can get out of it. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted April 16, 2009 Author Posted April 16, 2009 She apparently somehow has managed not to learn by observation in her 47 years that any man who pursues her because of her new-found celebrity will only be interested in what he can get out of it. Maybe we can help set in motion something better than might be at first observable, GreatLakesGramma. While I'm sure the secular world often isn't the best place to find a mate, it can often hold some surprises just as spectacular as her first chance at onstage success. "In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. " Matt 5:45 NLT Not saying Miss Doyle isn't an upstanding Christian. However sometimes without specifically seeking Divine intervention it's easy to follow a path that can lead to totally disastrous results. Sooooh, Gramma, I'll claim in prayer, a promise from the word for her if you will also. Here's the one of which I'm thinking. Maybe you know a better promise with the same principle of God's love and care for Susan. " "Because you had this in mind, and did not ask for riches, wealth or honor....I will give you riches and wealth and honor.... God,.... gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."2 Chron 9:11 NASB; James 1:5 NIV And we can claim this one for our good intent. "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."Matthew 18:19 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 I am definitely praying for Susan Boyle. I don't want to see her life ruined. I wish I knew how/where to write directly to her. I will have to think about what Bible promise will best fit what I'm praying for her. If/when I think of one, I'll let you know. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted April 17, 2009 Author Posted April 17, 2009 I am definitely praying for Susan Boyle. I don't want to see her life ruined. I wish I knew how/where to write directly to her. I will have to think about what Bible promise will best fit what I'm praying for her. If/when I think of one, I'll let you know. Looking on the news today I find Miss Boyles subsequent reaction to her newfound celebrity status revealing surprise but also measured response to various questions from newsmen, to me, already an answer to our prayers on her behalf. Praise God! Could we expect anything less? It is God's promise so it should be no surprise. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 Originally Posted By: GreatLakesGramma I am definitely praying for Susan Boyle. I don't want to see her life ruined. I wish I knew how/where to write directly to her. I will have to think about what Bible promise will best fit what I'm praying for her. If/when I think of one, I'll let you know. Looking on the news today I find Miss Boyles subsequent reaction to her newfound celebrity status revealing surprise but also measured response to various questions from newsmen, to me, already an answer to our prayers on her behalf. Praise God! Could we expect anything less? It is God's promise so it should be no surprise. Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
True-believer Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 Who's Susan Boyle??? Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Planey Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 Who's Susan Boyle??? Wow. You work at Maccas and have not heard of her recently? There is a link in the first post on this thread but if that's too far to go here is another. This is also worth a listen. Graeme PS The show is "Britain's Got Talent" Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted April 21, 2009 Members Posted April 21, 2009 I understand that she has competition now from a 12 year old. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I hope she won't let them change her personality either. She is charming just as she is. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 I hope she won't let them change her personality either. She is charming just as she is. If we can be so moved by a performance of such caliber on this earth, which is today and tomorrow will be on the cutting floor of history, imagine the joy that will be at an even greater event that will be fulfilled forever, before an even more overwhelming audience. "Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal."Revelation 4:6 NIV "Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before Him who sits on the throne and worship Him who lives forever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying: “ You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power; For You created all things, And by Your will they exist and were created.”"Revelation 4:9-11 NKJV "His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."Matthew 25:21 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted April 25, 2009 Author Posted April 25, 2009 Originally Posted By: GreatLakesGramma I am definitely praying for Susan Boyle. I don't want to see her life ruined. I wish I knew how/where to write directly to her. I will have to think about what Bible promise will best fit what I'm praying for her. If/when I think of one, I'll let you know. Looking on the news today I find Miss Boyles subsequent reaction to her newfound celebrity status revealing surprise but also measured response to various questions from newsmen, to me, already an answer to our prayers on her behalf. Praise God! Could we expect anything less? It is God's promise so it should be no surprise. Blessings! Have you noticed the continuing phenomenon of Susan Boyle. For a God capable of causing the sun to stand still, giving (was it Joshua) time for the battle to be won by the Israelites, I find it not a small wonder that which is happening to Miss Boyle. I believe in miracles, which was the word used by Larry King on his talk show. And she seems to be keeping her wits about her, despite the public acclaim, which also reveals Divine intervention. The views by now must be over 17,000,000 on YouTube alone. "So too at the present time there is a remnant (a small believing minority), selected (chosen) by grace (by God's unmerited favor and graciousness)." Romans 11:5 AMP Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted April 28, 2009 Author Posted April 28, 2009 tears can be shed for someone else's success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY God bless! Over 100,000,000 hits so far on YouTube. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 28, 2009 Posted April 28, 2009 Miss Boyle has had a little bit of a makeover. Nothing drastic, just tidied up her appearance. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Morning Glory Posted April 30, 2009 Posted April 30, 2009 A tiny make over? Where's the pic?? Quote Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life.
GreatLakesGramma Posted April 30, 2009 Posted April 30, 2009 I didn't post one because it was hard to find a page with both before and after photos, and large enough to get a really good look at the change. Here's the one from USMagazine.com: Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted April 30, 2009 Author Posted April 30, 2009 I didn't post one because it was hard to find a page with both before and after photos, and large enough to get a really good look at the change. Here's the one from USMagazine.com: Not that anyone said so but since Miss Boyle is entering a sphere of activity that she did not experience before, at least not in intensity and scope, her effort to make herself appear more acceptable to the public she will be serving for entertainment, or possibly other venues, it seems to me to be unrealistic to infer that Miss Boyle has sold out to anyone as a result of pressure. Just a passing thought. Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members phkrause Posted April 30, 2009 Members Posted April 30, 2009 Its a good thought at that LHC. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.