GreatLakesGramma Posted April 30, 2009 Posted April 30, 2009 Some have said she should stay as she was, but most have been supportive. It was the contrast between her appearance and her beautiful voice that captivated the public, so some say that she shouldn't change at all. But one article I read said that for that very reason, the ugly duckling has to turn into a swan. I agree with that reasoning. Women especially see her as being an ordinary woman like ourselves, with one special gift that has suddenly catapulted her to fame, and we want her to grow from the experience. It's the Cinderella story in real life. But we don't want her to change her personality. If she ever does that, she's toast. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Administrators Gail Posted April 30, 2009 Administrators Posted April 30, 2009 Miss Boyle has had a little bit of a makeover. Nothing drastic, just tidied up her appearance. That is all that was needed and good for her! I liked the old her but I like the new her, too! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
LifeHiscost Posted May 1, 2009 Author Posted May 1, 2009 I liked the old her but I like the new her, too! TU Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted May 1, 2009 Posted May 1, 2009 I think she looks great! And the really cool thing is, she didn't go to some high-priced, big name stylist for her new look. She went to a local beauty shop, to an "unknown" hairdresser. She even bought her new clothes second-hand. She is still one of "us" all the way. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted May 2, 2009 Author Posted May 2, 2009 I think she looks great! And the really cool thing is, she didn't go to some high-priced, big name stylist for her new look. She went to a local beauty shop, to an "unknown" hairdresser. She even bought her new clothes second-hand. She is still one of "us" all the way. And that's not to say that the well heeled and creased aren't also welcome, which I believe Miss Boyle will soon be, if she hasn't already signed her name. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
GreatLakesGramma Posted May 2, 2009 Posted May 2, 2009 So long as common, ordinary women can still identify with her, we will be behind her all the way, and anyone who tries to trash her will be severely trounced. But, if she starts acting snobby and superior, then people will turn against her and she'll become tabloid fodder, like most celebrities. People are jealous and love to see them suffer. Not so with Miss Boyle. And for her sake, I hope that never changes. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
LifeHiscost Posted May 2, 2009 Author Posted May 2, 2009 So long as common, ordinary women can still identify with her, we will be behind her all the way, and anyone who tries to trash her will be severely trounced. But, if she starts acting snobby and superior, then people will turn against her and she'll become tabloid fodder, like most celebrities. People are jealous and love to see them suffer. Not so with Miss Boyle. And for her sake, I hope that never changes. Earlier today I saw a news item revealing a video of Miss Boyle at the age of 22(1984)delivering another pop song, not of American Idol or Great Britain Has Talent caliber. She appears to have matured intellectually in the intervening years and maybe that's the reason her success was held back, so that when it came she would be able to handle it with more finesse and personal fulfillment. "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance" Ecclesiastes 3:1,4 KJV Regards! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.