True-believer Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Do Pets Go to Heaven? Dear Pastor, I am 8-years old and I am so sad now cause my dog, Scruffy is awfully sick. The pet doctor told my mum that Scruffy has only a few weeks to live because he has a bunch of cancers everwhere. The doctor told my mum that I am gonna see Scruffy when I get to heaven, but she told me that my doctor is not saved, so that I will write to you and ask you the real answer about Scruffy because you know. Pastor, I love Scruffy so much! I have been trying so much every day not to cry, but when I look at his eyes, he is so sad! My poor dog is in so much pain with his cancers. Is Scruffy going to go to Heaven, Pastor? Will I get to see him again? Timothy Galvin - Age 8 Cheltenham, South Australia. Dear Timmy, It always breaks my heart when I have to answer a question like this. I understand your concern, but I won't lie to you. According to the Bible, there will be no animals in heaven except for horses. And those horses, the book of Revelation tells us, will be used solely as a means of transportation. Scripture tells us that horses will sprout wings and be able to fly at high speeds. We'll fly too, Timmy, but the horses will probably fly faster, which is why Jesus is going to keep them around. As True Christians™, we can only speculate why God doesn't find it necessary to populate heaven with dogs, cats, cows, chickens and other creatures. Most likely it is because we won't need food when we get to Heaven. Using Bible logic, we have to assume that there are going to be a whole mess of folks in Hell and most of them will be Chinese, since they never had the luxury of hearing about Jesus. People in hell will need food to sustain them through an eternity of torture at the hands of the loving God they rejected. As we understand it, Chinese folks love to eat dogs. I'm sorry, Timmy - it is a hard sight to take in, but in a few weeks little Scruffy will be savagely ripped to shreds, as will countless other pooches, at the blood-stained hands of starving, godless Chinamen as they are beaten and sodomized by demons on the desolate shores of the Lake of Fire. My guess is that those shores will be piled high with the rotting, bone-picked carcasses of every household pet there ever was. I hope this helps. Your friend and Pastor, Deacon Fred Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
GreatLakesGramma Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 I hope this is a joke. It isn't funny at all though. If it's supposed to be a joke, it's a sick one. But if it's serious, it's even worse. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted May 12, 2009 Members Posted May 12, 2009 Wow TB, not sure I agree with the answer. I don't believe for a minute that there will not be animals in heaven! As far as will God bring the exact animal that you've had here on earth! I'm not sure, the Bible is not very plain in that respect. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
True-believer Posted May 12, 2009 Author Posted May 12, 2009 I hope this is a joke. It isn't funny at all though. If it's supposed to be a joke, it's a sick one. But if it's serious, it's even worse. I received this as an email from a friend... I think it has gone a bit tooooooooo far. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
jlbyrd Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Wow, that was horrible. I'm sure it must be a joke, I can't imagine which church would be responsible for such a racist letter ...except maybe the Westboro Baptist Church. Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
GreatLakesGramma Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Was this the same friend who sent you the other one? Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
True-believer Posted May 12, 2009 Author Posted May 12, 2009 Was this the same friend who sent you the other one? Yes the same friend... and he is a Seventh-day Baptist friend of mine who is also registered on this Adventistforum. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
True-believer Posted May 12, 2009 Author Posted May 12, 2009 Wow, that was horrible. I'm sure it must be a joke, I can't imagine which church would be responsible for such a racist letter ...except maybe the Westboro Baptist Church. Hey jlbyrd.... Whats with the Westboro Baptist Church?????????? Are they racists?????????? Yes, I admit a friend gave me that as a email.... But what is it about that particular Baptist Church?????? Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
jlbyrd Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 The Westboro Baptist Church is not affiliated with common Baptist denominations, they just borrowed the name. They are known for protesting funerals of veterans and many other hateful acts. You can learn about them on their wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church or from one of their own sites www.godhatesamerica.com Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
True-believer Posted May 12, 2009 Author Posted May 12, 2009 The Westboro Baptist Church is not affiliated with common Baptist denominations, they just borrowed the name. They are known for protesting funerals of veterans and many other hateful acts. You can learn about them on their wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church or from one of their own sites www.godhatesamerica.com I went to www.godhatesamerica.com and thought it was pretty true. I am pretty sure that God is in heaven right now looking down at us down here shaking His head and saying to Himeelf, "Oh NO, what have I done?" America and Australia and the whole world are all alike. God does most properly does hates what He sees down here. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
jlbyrd Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 God hates sin, not the sinner. For a church to come forward and point their finger at people, telling them that God hates them and they're going to hell, it goes against everything Christianity is supposed stand for. Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
Woody Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 It is obvious to me by the wording ... that this is FAKE. Purely internet garbage. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Liz Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Of course it is fake, I think this is every stereotypical misconception of Heaven and Hell there is, all lumped together. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Outta Here Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 It looks pretty real to me--part of the Westboro Baptist Church. Quote
jlbyrd Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Maybe this should move to the Urban Legends thread Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
LifeHiscost Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Do Pets Go to Heaven? Dear Pastor, I am 8-years old and I am so sad now cause my dog, Scruffy is awfully sick. The pet doctor told my mum that Scruffy has only a few weeks to live because he has a bunch of cancers everwhere. The doctor told my mum that I am gonna see Scruffy when I get to heaven, but she told me that my doctor is not saved, so that I will write to you and ask you the real answer about Scruffy because you know. Pastor, I love Scruffy so much! I have been trying so much every day not to cry, but when I look at his eyes, he is so sad! My poor dog is in so much pain with his cancers. Is Scruffy going to go to Heaven, Pastor? Will I get to see him again? Timothy Galvin - Age 8 Cheltenham, South Australia. Dear Timmy, I hope this helps. Your friend and Pastor, Deacon Fred The stuff, by Deacon Fred, I never heard such a bunch of drivel in my life. Here is some of the Word for Deacon Fred. "“But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea."Mark 9:42 NKJV And here's something for little Timmy. And if little Timmy ever reads this, there's a couple of promises he can claim, along with me, that Jesus is perfectly glad and willing to bring to pass. "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."Matthew 18:19 NIV I'm asking God to give Timmy's beloved pet, that received God's love on this earth, back to him when he arrives in heaven. If God allows the lions and the lambs to be delivered from this miserable earth, He surely will give Timmy's pet back to him. "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."Isaiah 11:6 KJV Maybe we need to distinguish between the new earth and heaven, but I'm sure Timmy might be one of those little children leading those animals, along with his little pet, whether in heaven or the newly created earth. "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father"Matthew 10:29 ASV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 God does most properly does hates what He sees down here. God hates what He sees happening, however the cross reveals He loves those caught up in believing the lie that He's the one responsible for the tragedy of this world. "...whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. " John 3:15-17 NASB "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 KJV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
LifeHiscost Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 God hates sin, not the sinner. For a church to come forward and point their finger at people, telling them that God hates them and they're going to hell, it goes against everything Christianity is supposed stand for. " He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn."Matthew 13:29,30 KJV "Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest."John 4:35 NIV Blessings! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Robert Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Do Pets Go to Heaven? No...they'll burn in hell forever and ever.... Quote
Woody Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 I don't care for that idea. I want to be with my dog forever and ever. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Moderators Kevin H Posted May 13, 2009 Moderators Posted May 13, 2009 Our pets suffer because of the choices we made to sin, the Bible focuses on their suffering by thorns growing on the plants. When Jesus bore our sins, he bore the crown of thorns, taking on the symbol of why our pets have to die, thaking on the results that we gave them. I don't believe that Jesus would have taken the crown of thorns if he was not redeeming what they represent, and that would esepcially count for our beloved pets. People who are uncomfortable with the idea of our pets being in heaven, ask about all the flys and other bugs that we routinely kill. I think that part of it depends on the level of awareness of the animal, but this is my speculation. Jesus bore our sins to redeem us and the crown of thorns for the animals and would have some way of applying this to heaven, whether it only covers those which have more awarenes including our pets and the animals that were sacrificed in the tabernacle and temple, or if God is even creative enough to deal with flys and other critters. But while we can let God worry about the flys, we can look to Jesus' love for our tender affections and the crown of thorns for hope for reunion with our pets Quote
Woody Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 As far as the flies and ants .... Ellen White suggested that we should 'exterminate' them. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
jlbyrd Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 As far as the flies and ants .... Ellen White suggested that we should 'exterminate' them. Really? Do you have a source? Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
Woody Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Quote: "God has given no man the message, Kill not ant or flea or moth. Troublesome and harmful insects and reptiles we must guard against and destroy, to preserve ourselves and our possessions from harm. And even if we do our best to exterminate these pests, they will still multiply. At camp meeting held at Brighton, Australia, the people were obliged to wear veils to keep the poisonous flies from their faces. While speaking, I was obliged to fan myself continually." {20MR 338.3} Now .... here is what we have to do with all of EGW writings. We have to ask the question .... Where these the ramblings of a godly woman ... or were these the specific instruction straight from our God on High. I side on the belief that these were the ramblings of a Godly woman. But they were her ramblings .... and not the instructions directly from heaven. Just my two cents. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Doug Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 I think animals will be there but not OUR animals. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.