Robert Posted June 24, 2009 Posted June 24, 2009 Sanctification is the RESULT of justification. While justification is the basis. the lack of a sanctified life is proof positive that a professing Christian never possessed the former in the first place, and that his/her so-called faith is just a sham. But sanctification, while in harmony with the law, is not a fulfillment of the law. Quote
Stewart (SDA) Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 ...The 144,000 are saved 100% by the imputed righteousness of Christ just as we all are..." I wonder, Robert, do you allow for such a thing as imparted righteousness? ________________ And another question if I might... Do you allow that there are degrees of Christian maturity? From baby Christians, who have only just been born again, right up to those Christians who come to the "full stature" (or full maturity), and can effectively live the Christian life as Jesus Himself lived it? (Eph 4:13) ________________ Regards, Stewart. Quote
Stewart (SDA) Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 Robert, something else I have been wanting to ask you -- Were you at one time a member of the SDA church? Or, have you perhaps had some direct association with the SDA church? A personal question, I know, but if you are willing to answer I would be grateful. I do wonder what kind of fellowship you have with like-minded people, or whether your mainstay (in terms of fellowship) is actually found here. (The number of posts you've submitted, and the time you've been involved with this group, do make a statement I think.) Regards, Stewart Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted June 25, 2009 Moderators Posted June 25, 2009 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo Sanctification is the RESULT of justification. While justification is the basis. the lack of a sanctified life is proof positive that a professing Christian never possessed the former in the first place, and that his/her so-called faith is just a sham. But sanctification, while in harmony with the law, is not a fulfillment of the law. Please don't evade the question. Kindly show where I have EVER presented sanctification as the BASIS for acceptance with God. If you can't, kindly refrain from misrepresenting what I say. And what kind of double-talk is this? How can you be in harmony with the law without fulfilling it? If you are not fulfilling it, you are not in harmony with it! Quote
Robert Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert ...The 144,000 are saved 100% by the imputed righteousness of Christ just as we all are..." I wonder, Robert, do you allow for such a thing as imparted righteousness? Quote
Robert Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert But sanctification, while in harmony with the law, is not a fulfillment of the law. [/quote'] Please don't evade the question. Kindly show where I have EVER presented sanctification as the BASIS for acceptance with God. If you can't, kindly refrain from misrepresenting what I say. Quote
Stewart (SDA) Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 And another question if I might... Do you allow that there are degrees of Christian maturity? __________ Yes, but the law doesn't for it demands perfect unselfish love 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 months a year, etc,.... Might I ask then, what in your view is the application of Jesus' parable of the talents? Is the concept, 'to whom much is given, much is required' anathema to you, or does it have a place in Christianity? And did the man that was given the one talent, and buried it, retain his salvation, or did he lose it? Of course each of the other men to whom gifts were given brought forth RESULTS corresponding to the gift, didn't they? But would they have received God's commendation if they had not done this? _____________ I hope these questions make reasonable sense. Regards, Stewart Quote
Robert Posted June 25, 2009 Posted June 25, 2009 Originally Posted By: Robert And another question if I might... Do you allow that there are degrees of Christian maturity? __________ Yes, but the law doesn't for it demands perfect unselfish love 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 52 months a year, etc,.... Might I ask then, what in your view is the application of Jesus' parable of the talents? No you might not....I haven't read it, but I've read Paul... Luke 12:35-40 Quote
Stewart (SDA) Posted June 26, 2009 Posted June 26, 2009 Originally Posted By: Stewart (SDA) Might I ask then, what in your view is the application of Jesus' parable of the talents?[/quote'] No you might not....I haven't read it, but I've read Paul... Luke 12:35-40 Fair answer Robert. Thankyou. The parable of the talents is in Matthew 25, if you would like to see. Stewart. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.