Members phkrause Posted November 15, 2009 Members Posted November 15, 2009 That's to bad Redwood. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stewart (SDA) Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 I am troubled by this thread, and feel reluctant to interject, yet I post a few sentences of caution, and will then leave you to continue. "The time is not far distant, when the test will come to every soul. . . . Many a star that we have admired for its brilliancy, will then go out in darkness. Chaff like a cloud will be borne away on the wind, even from places where we see only floors of rich wheat." (5T 80-81) Many of our "great" men and women that we have admired and loved, will be blown away like dry leaves. I wish this were not so, but to me it seems inevitable. Stewart. Quote
Guest Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 That's why we need to study for ourselves. Quote
wayfinder Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Richard, Excellant point, I did just that and look what it did for me. Quote
Guest Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Some things can't be explained. Freak accidents do happen from time to time, although I don't think what happened to you was really an accident. Bless your heart. Quote
Woody Posted November 15, 2009 Author Posted November 15, 2009 Yes. The temptation is great to turn negative. But I am determined that being positive can be accomplished. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
skyblue888 Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 I am troubled by this thread, and feel reluctant to interject, yet I post a few sentences of caution, and will then leave you to continue. "The time is not far distant, when the test will come to every soul. . . . Many a star that we have admired for its brilliancy, will then go out in darkness. Chaff like a cloud will be borne away on the wind, even from places where we see only floors of rich wheat." (5T 80-81) Many of our "great" men and women that we have admired and loved, will be blown away like dry leaves. I wish this were not so, but to me it seems inevitable. Stewart. Thanks Stewart for bringing up that statement. There are many more to that effect. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
skyblue888 Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Was God in Christ being "negative" when He declared that the popular religious teachers in Christ's day crossed land and sea to make proselytes and that they made them twofold the children of hell than they themselves were? Talk about being negative. And it is written that this was said more for us than for them. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Dr. Rich Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Hey Redwood, Joann Davidson's name was Joann Mazat. I used to date her. (She chose a better man though) But as for her actually knowing or understanding prophecy, I seriously doubt if this is her speciality. Oh well--she means well and is about as close to righteousness as I can find! Her whole family are/were (AL died a few years ago) big in the SDA church. So, Redwood, good choice! Quote
Dr. Rich Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Stewart, I totally agree with you that many (most) of the leaders, teachers and preachers that we now hold up to be the greatest in our church will be the ones that refuse to accept the real truth when it is presented by the 'good and faithful servant' as found in Matthew 24:45. They will be the worst enemies to those found in Rev. 3:4. Quote
Woody Posted November 16, 2009 Author Posted November 16, 2009 Interesting. I went to Academy and College with a Nancy Mazat. And yes. I think Joann is a great scholar. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Rich Posted November 16, 2009 Posted November 16, 2009 Nancy Mazat (maiden name) is Joann's little sister. Quote
Woody Posted November 16, 2009 Author Posted November 16, 2009 Nancy Mazat (maiden name) is Joann's little sister. Thanks for putting the puzzle piece together. This is interesting to know. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Rich Posted November 18, 2009 Posted November 18, 2009 u betcha, it truly is a small world! I suppose being in the Adventist Family (so to speak) makes it that way! By the way, all of the Mazats were well liked (or a better word is 'loved'), both in the Denver area, Loma Linda area-- and I would guess in the Andrews area. Joann's husband is also a fine scholar. Quote
Woody Posted November 18, 2009 Author Posted November 18, 2009 Yes. I've been in their home. They are gracious people and both fine scholars. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.