Stan Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 Steve will reveal, on January 27, 2010 what we will want to line up and buy next. Guesses?? Table rumors are in the running. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 Steve who? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 I would need to know who Steve is first. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 Steve will reveal, on January 27, 2010 what we will want to line up and buy next. Guesses?? Table rumors are in the running. Are you talking about Steve Biliter (sp) who's on this forum? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 His name is Billiter ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
SivartM Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 I think he's talking about the new Apple Tablet which will be revealed to the world on January 27 by Steve Jobs. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Woody Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 but what he sells ... I have no interest in. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 I didnt' know that Steve still have a job. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 I think he's talking about the new Apple Tablet which will be revealed to the world on January 27 by Steve Jobs. I should have guessed that being an apple person, thanks SivartM. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 oh...what a let down.... but at least Steve Jobs had an apparently successful liver transplant - that's good news! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted January 24, 2010 Administrators Posted January 24, 2010 Tell me more about the Apple Tablet... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Dr. Shane Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 I am not rich enough to own an Apple. I am just a humble Dell person. Actually, if I shopped the flea markets and pawn shops I might be able to get an Apple. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 you'll just have to wait like the rest of us peons, Gail! :smile: Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Nan Posted January 24, 2010 Moderators Posted January 24, 2010 I am NOT INTERESTED. My fairly basic Nokia decided to go belly up, for no reason, and it was not very old, I have acquired a Samsung Preston, have very few clues how to use it except for the most basic functions and I could not cope with much more. So all you Apple Addicts....enjoy :) Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted January 24, 2010 Moderators Posted January 24, 2010 I am not rich enough to own an Apple. I am just a humble Dell person. Actually, if I shopped the flea markets and pawn shops I might be able to get an Apple. Have a bag of apples in my fridge. Cost less than $4. Quote
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 I am NOT INTERESTED. My fairly basic Nokia decided to go belly up, forno reason, and it was not very old, I have acquired a Samsung Preston, have very few clues how to use it except for the most basic functions and I could not cope with much more. So all you Apple Addicts....enjoy Thanks Nan, but just to let you know that if you did have an apple you'd probably be able to understand a lot more than that ibm clone you own. Macs are much more user friendly. And though the prices are higher in the long run they a cheaper. Anyway have yourself a apple of a day. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Nan Posted January 24, 2010 Moderators Posted January 24, 2010 Originally Posted By: Nan I am NOT INTERESTED. My fairly basic Nokia decided to go belly up, forno reason, and it was not very old, I have acquired a Samsung Preston, have very few clues how to use it except for the most basic functions and I could not cope with much more. So all you Apple Addicts....enjoy Thanks Nan, but just to let you know that if you did have an apple you'd probably be able to understand a lot more than that ibm clone you own. Macs are much more user friendly. And though the prices are higher in the long run they a cheaper. Anyway have yourself a apple of a day. pk Not quite apple season here yet, more stone fruits, so is it OK to have a nectarine of a day ? teehe Quote
Outta Here Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 User friendly? I think IBM is much more user friendly than Apple. It must depend on what type of people the users are. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 I think it all depends on what computer you were taught. (Are we talking computers here? or phones?) Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 I don't think anyone knows. And the funny thing is...I don't even care. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Outta Here Posted January 24, 2010 Posted January 24, 2010 My post was about computers. As far as phones go, nothing like a good old Nokia 3595. Most dependable phone I've ever had. Still running after 7 years! Quote
Moderators Nan Posted January 24, 2010 Moderators Posted January 24, 2010 Is the coming Tablet a computer or a sophisticated mobile phone? I thought that was what the OP was about.....but I can get just as confused by either :) Quote
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2010 Members Posted January 24, 2010 Is the coming Tablet a computer or a sophisticated mobile phone? I thought that was what the OP was about.....but I can get just as confused by either Well Stan has us still guessing but Sivart guessed that the Steve Stan was mentioning was Steve Jobs, who is the top guy for Apple. And from all the things I've heard Apple is coming out with a Tablet computer. And Aubrey I've worked with Apple and IBM clones for many years. The IBM clones have always been a good computer. But in the Printing industry the Mac rules, because of its user friendly interface. There so many shortcut's for designer's to use compared to the IBM clones. I believe that if the Apple computers had the same price tag that IBM clones have you'd see a dramatic change in what people bought and I don't think that the IBM clones could keep going like the Mac has and still survive. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members abelisle Posted January 28, 2010 Members Posted January 28, 2010 I think the iPad will be great for church work. I see, myself using it for sermons w/powerpoint graphics, Bible studies w/quick access to source material, setting up Church activities etc. But I'm going to wait to see how the Mac community evaluates it and how these new iPad apps develop. Alex Quote We are our worst enemy - sad but true. http://abelisle.blogspot.com
SivartM Posted January 28, 2010 Posted January 28, 2010 No USB port? No camera? No thanks. But, I'll wait and see how much people like it in spite of those egregious flaws. I do like that it can use iPhone/iTouch apps, has a nice looking virtual keyboard, and is pretty cheap. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.