Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 29, 2010 Members Posted January 29, 2010 doesn't have any WP apps on it.. Apps: has Safari, Mail, Photos, Video, YouTube, iPod, iTunes, App Store, i-Books (you have to buy the book app), Maps, Notes, Calendar, Contacts, Home screen, Spotlight Search. Wouldn't be useful for me. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
SivartM Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 I'm pretty sure it supports iPhone apps, too. And any apps it doesn't have will be added soon, I bet. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Members phkrause Posted January 29, 2010 Members Posted January 29, 2010 I'm pretty sure it supports iPhone apps, too. And any apps it doesn't have will be added soon, I bet. Ya, it wont take long and many will be emailing them with many suggestions. And they will make it better and it will be cheaper. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
SivartM Posted January 29, 2010 Posted January 29, 2010 I just read that the next generation iPad will have a camera... so I'd wait until then to get one. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Members phkrause Posted January 29, 2010 Members Posted January 29, 2010 I just read that the next generation iPad will have a camera... so I'd wait until then to get one. Good thought. That's what they did with the first MacBook Pro's, they left quite abit of stuff off of them, knowing people would buy them anyway. Made alot of mola and than added what they knew they should have done in the first place. They actually gave discounts to those that had bought them first. So they even made more money. Pretty smart I'd say, but not very honest. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Doug Posted January 30, 2010 Posted January 30, 2010 No USB port? No camera? No thanks. But, I'll wait and see how much people like it in spite of those egregious flaws. I do like that it can use iPhone/iTouch apps, has a nice looking virtual keyboard, and is pretty cheap. Don't forget: No Flash support big, ugly bezel around the edges no multitasking no front facing camera for iChat No HDMI out 4:3 screen instead of 16:9 Can't use it on T-Mobile Quote
SivartM Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
GreatLakesGramma Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 One other MAJOR difference. The stone will not break or wear out and require replacement or repair all too soon, nor will its software become obsolete, or a new model convince users they need an upgrade. Plus, I'm quite sure the stone costs much less. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted January 31, 2010 Members Posted January 31, 2010 I love that comparison, I think its perfect. LOL pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
hch Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 And the point of this thread is what? In all the trivia, I must have missed the entire point. loudcry.2007@gmail.com Quote His child Henry Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com
SivartM Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 ...the Apple iPad... Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Members phkrause Posted January 31, 2010 Members Posted January 31, 2010 And the point of this thread is what?In all the trivia, I must have missed the entire point. loudcry.2007@gmail.com I don't believe there is any trivia, this thread started out with Stan asking a question as to what Steve Jobs was going to reveal on the 27th, and I guess he wanted all to try and guess what it was? So I take it that you don't care for idol talk? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 31, 2010 Posted January 31, 2010 Quote: So I take it that you don't care for idol talk? Hey pk ... I didn't know that idols could talk If you know of any that do ... let me know. HA HA HA HO HO HO EH HE HE Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 31, 2010 Members Posted January 31, 2010 Hey pk ... I didn't know that idols could talk If you know of any that do ... let me know. HA HA HA HO HO HO EH HE HE pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.