Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Ever feel like Job?


Recommended Posts

Posted

pk, I sometimes wonder if people understand just how much they can hurt other people just with words. But also how much good the right words can do for someone.

I'd take it one step further and say gestures or body language can do the same. An example: in church I went over to greet a sister and touched her arm, and although she said hello she recoiled from my touch and turned her body away from me. Or when I stood beside my mother in the foyer a brother greeted my mother with a hug and kiss and he walked straight past me. I know I haven't done anything against them or ever had any negative dealings, so their reactions threw me for a loop.

  • Members
Posted

maybe the people who didn't want a hug/kiss from you didn't feel like they knew you well enough...hard to know about some people...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Members
Posted

maybe the people who didn't want a hug/kiss from you didn't feel like they knew you well enough...hard to know about some people...

Good point Pam. I knew a guy at work, that no matter how many times I or anyone else said Hi, or hello, etc., you could not get him to say anything. So I kept up saying good morning or hello for a very long time. Until eventually he would say those back to me. We became good friends. Sometimes, like you said Pam, we just don't know why people are like that. Just being persitant helps. And most definitely body language says alot also.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
pk, I sometimes wonder if people understand just how much they can hurt other people just with words. But also how much good the right words can do for someone.

I'd take it one step further and say gestures or body language can do the same. An example: in church I went over to greet a sister and touched her arm, and although she said hello she recoiled from my touch and turned her body away from me. Or when I stood beside my mother in the foyer a brother greeted my mother with a hug and kiss and he walked straight past me. I know I haven't done anything against them or ever had any negative dealings, so their reactions threw me for a loop.

bluebelle, when some people respond like that, it can often be because of fears within themselves. So unless you know of something about yourself you would be uncomfortable with if it came from others, consider it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.

Besides, you just started posting and I'm already impressed.

Blessings!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...