Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 I am interested in getting together with others who Wii. I understand that you can actually compete over the internet. Is anyone interested? My favorite game is golf. Yes, I understand that golf may not be in the best graces right at the moment. But I do have Tigers 2010 Golf game and also the regular golf game from Wii. Anyways ... if you Wii ... get in touch with me. Blanche and I enjoy Wii-ing . But when we Wii ... I win. I need more competition. Look forward to hearing from you. PS. I do not Wii on Sabbath. But I am often available on many other times. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 Well dgrimm ... you're a bit behind the times. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted February 20, 2010 Moderators Posted February 20, 2010 Wiwiing is not a game for me. It's a necessity! Quote
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 Wiwiing is not a game for me. It's a necessity! Cool. Hey Gerry ... can we Wii together? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 Whoops. I may not have understood your intentions correctly Gerry. Can you clarify? If you are really interested in Wii-ing ... I would like to. It's become a 'nesessity' for me also. I am hoping to find like minded folk. Is that you? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 REDWOOD MAYBE I am a bit behind but I can not afford it at this time dgrimm60 Oh Yes. I forgot about that. I will continue to pray for you so that soon you will be able to afford to Wii. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted February 20, 2010 Members Posted February 20, 2010 Don't care to Wii either Woody. So I hope you find some good Wiiing buddies and don't over do it. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Neil D Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo Wiwiing is not a game for me. It's a necessity! Cool. Hey Gerry ... can we Wii together? Ok, you two....This is a family forum.....And a Christian forum....NO Wiiing together! Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Dr. Shane Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 When I was a kid I became terribly addicted to video games. This was during the days of Pac-Man, Asteroids and Donkey Kong. Atari had its home game set that one could hook up to the TV. I even had a video ping pong game. All these were tame and primitive compared to what is on the market today. I am concerned that if I was so addicted to those games then, how addicted would I become to the games of today? I could easily see them taking all my time away from my family and the honey-do lists that my wife has. Are any of you concerned about video game addiction? Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 well Shane. Woody Wii's but is not addicted yet Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 ... wiing is not a game for me. It's a necessity! Sounds like Gerry is the only one that is addicted .... :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 SHANE YES it is a concern that the youth of today are getting addicted to video games dgrimm60 Praise God us "non-youth" don't have this problem. smile smile Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted February 20, 2010 Members Posted February 20, 2010 When I was a kid I became terribly addicted to video games. This was during the days of Pac-Man, Asteroids and Donkey Kong. Atari had its home game set that one could hook up to the TV. I even had a video ping pong game. All these were tame and primitive compared to what is on the market today. I am concerned that if I was so addicted to those games then, how addicted would I become to the games of today? I could easily see them taking all my time away from my family and the honey-do lists that my wife has. Are any of you concerned about video game addiction? Yes Shane this can become a really big problem. When I was growing up it was the TV. Now obviously we have many more things to be involved with. Even good things can become addictive. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Guest Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 When I was a kid I became terribly addicted to video games. This was during the days of Pac-Man, Asteroids and Donkey Kong. Atari had its home game set that one could hook up to the TV. I even had a video ping pong game. All these were tame and primitive compared to what is on the market today. I am concerned that if I was so addicted to those games then, how addicted would I become to the games of today? I could easily see them taking all my time away from my family and the honey-do lists that my wife has. Are any of you concerned about video game addiction? I started out with Coleco Vision, which came on the market soon after Atari. They later changed the name to Nintendo. Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 20, 2010 Members Posted February 20, 2010 Richard I know you know this and so do must of us. That satan has so many ways of enticing us, even our own personal lives. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Gail Posted February 20, 2010 Administrators Posted February 20, 2010 But Wii is exercising... Sooner or later one would get tired, don't you think? Like being on a treadmill? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted February 20, 2010 Members Posted February 20, 2010 But Wii is exercising... Sooner or later one would get tired, don't you think? Like being on a treadmill? Not sure about that, but it will exercise your brain. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 Yes Gail. It is indeed good exercise. Personally ... I can only handle a small amount of it. And most of the games are to much exercise so I stick with Golf mostly. I seems to be the one I can tolerate the most. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Outta Here Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 Anything can be addicting...even going to church! I'm not concerned that my children, my husband or I will become addicted, even though we have quite a number of video games and gaming platforms. When it becomes "too much" we take a break and find other things to do: reading, biking, walking, talking, homework, housework, et cetera. Keeping things in check and in moderation is key. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted February 20, 2010 Administrators Posted February 20, 2010 My son has bowling and I think tennis. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo ... wiing is not a game for me. It's a necessity! Sounds like Gerry is the only one that is addicted .... :) I think he's talking about a different kind of wiing. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 My son has bowling and I think tennis. Yes Gail. I have those also ... but they are honestly a little more exercise than I can usually handle. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 Bowling, tennis, golf... guitar hero. These sound like they could be fun and not too addictive. Maybe I should look into buying a Wii. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 20, 2010 Posted February 20, 2010 Is Wii that game where you actually go through the motions of whatever sport you're playing, instead of just clicking a mouse? For an exercise game, I like Dance Dance Revolution on PS2. I don't own it, but I always enjoyed it when my son brought it over. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted February 20, 2010 Author Posted February 20, 2010 Yes GLG ... you have to go through the motions. And games like tennis are just to jerky for my muscles. I can do golf from my chair with smaller motions. Blanche plays it with me but she stands and similates a real golf swing. I wonder if Tiger is available to give me lessons? I hear he is out of a job for the time being. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.