Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Favorite Quotes


Recommended Posts

Posted

A Bureaucrat is the most despicable of men, though he is needed as vultures are needed, but one hardly admires vultures whom Bureaucrats so strangely resemble. I have yet to meet a Bureaucrat who was not petty, dull, almost witless, crafty or stupid, an oppressor or a thief, a holder of little authority in which he delights, as a boy delights in possessing a vicious dog. Who can trust such creatures? -- Cicero

  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • phkrause

    157

  • GreatLakesGramma

    94

  • Overaged

    13

  • Mark Aurelius

    7

Posted

In the long run, the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip. - Daniel L. Reardon

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

It is very easy to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own. - Jessamyn West

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

The simple realization that there are other points of view is the beginning of wisdom. Understanding what they are is a great step. The final test is understanding why they are held. - Charles M. Camp

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Edgar Bergen

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

"Life is a garden - so dig it!"

- my Grandmother, who is now awaiting the resurrection

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

July 7th

Let every man take heed how he buildeth. 1 Cor. 3:10.

"Our business is not to build quickly, but to build upon a right foundation, and in a right spirit. Life is more than a mere competition as between man and man; it is not who can be done first, but who can work best; it is not who can rise highest in the shortest time, but who is working most patiently and lovingly in accordance with the designs of God."

—Joseph Parker, Thoughts for the Quiet Hour

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

When a man is wrong and won’t admit it, he always gets angry. - Haliburton

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

  • Members
Posted

When a man is wrong and won’t admit it, he always gets angry. - Haliburton

Is that VP Dick Chaney's "Haliburton"?

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

I don't know. That's all the ID it had where I found it.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Haha! I agree.THAT was a good quote

GHD_Hair_Straighteners_101.jpg

Posted

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

  • Members
Posted

I don't know. That's all the ID it had where I found it.

It probably doesn't, I was just kidding. I should've put a smile or winking icon. :)

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Originally Posted By: GreatLakesGramma
I don't know. That's all the ID it had where I found it.

It probably doesn't, I was just kidding. I should've put a smile or winking icon. :)

I'm glad you ask, PK...I was wondering the same thing.....

....Oh well, it continues to remain unresolved....[sigh] Another one of life's little mysteries....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. - Maya Angelou

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

  • Moderators
Posted

"An excuse is the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie." Pastor Lester Coon

James Brenneman

Posted

"An excuse is the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie." Pastor Lester Coon

Now that is too good!!

Posted

An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

I have a few...I also will give you one at a time

GHD_Hair_Straighteners_107.jpg

Posted

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. - Mark Twain

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils. - Louis Hector Berlioz

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream another dream. – C.S. Lewis

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...