GreatLakesGramma Posted July 4, 2010 Posted July 4, 2010 No, it's when they shove a tube down your throat (or elsewhere). Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Guest Posted July 4, 2010 Posted July 4, 2010 UNLESS, you happen to know of a Respiratory Therapist...then good things are coming to you if you are good friends with him...[like not getting charged for things, IE, a CPR Box, or Intubation Tubes or Resuscitation Bags or good care, ect] I take it you're an RT. I have an ex-brother-in-law who's a Respiratory Therapist, and he's not any smarter than you are. Well, maybe a little. Just kidding Neil, just kidding. Anyway, I was over at my sister's house one day talking to my brother-in-law, just he and I. And he started complaining about how bad my sister was treating him. How she wouldn't pay him enough attention, and how she didn't want to have sex, and on and on. Then he tells me he's thinking about killing himself. He told me how just the other day he had drank a six pack of beer, and was sitting propped up against the barn with his .38 special, and how he kept cocking the gun, and putting it to his head. He said he never did pull the trigger though. Anyway, so he pulls out this nice .38 special to show me which gun he's talking about. It was a stainless steel Taurus, with a 3 inch barrel, and he had paid pretty good money to have a well known gunsmith do a trigger job on it. It really was a nice gun. I realized at that point, that my dear brother-in-law was in danger of messing up his life. And over something silly too, like my sister. So right away, I thought of something I could do to maybe help the situation. I said Steve you wait right here, and I'll be right back. I ran out to my car, where I had an old beat up Ruger .44 Magnum pistol. It wasn't all that pretty, and I didn't have very much money in it, but it was big. I brought the gun into the house, and sat down with my brother-in-law. I then explained to him that if he shot himself in the head with that little .38 special, that there was a good chance he would just make a big mess. I told him that I was willing to help, and that I would trade my .44 Magnum for his little .38 special. That way he wouldn't have to worry about making such a mess of his life with a failed suicide attempt, and maybe have to go on living as a vegetable, or something like that. Almost immediately he saw the wisdom in my logic, and we traded guns right then and there. That has been 15-20 years ago, and I still have that Stainless steel Taurus .38 special with a trigger job, to this day. It really is a nice gun. My brother-in-law never did shoot himself in the head. At least not yet. And even though he is no longer my brother-in-law, whenever I run into him now, I can tell he has a soft spot in his heart for me, because he knows that I tried to help. Quote
Guest Posted July 4, 2010 Posted July 4, 2010 I'm sorry you got soaked Woody. But why the tube down the throat, just to get an MRI? Quote
Members phkrause Posted July 4, 2010 Members Posted July 4, 2010 Originally Posted By: Neil D UNLESS, you happen to know of a Respiratory Therapist...then good things are coming to you if you are good friends with him...[like not getting charged for things, IE, a CPR Box, or Intubation Tubes or Resuscitation Bags or good care, ect] I take it you're an RT. I have an ex-brother-in-law who's a Respiratory Therapist, and he's not any smarter than you are. Well, maybe a little. Just kidding Neil, just kidding. Anyway, I was over at my sister's house one day talking to my brother-in-law, just he and I. And he started complaining about how bad my sister was treating him. How she wouldn't pay him enough attention, and how she didn't want to have sex, and on and on. Then he tells me he's thinking about killing himself. He told me how just the other day he had drank a six pack of beer, and was sitting propped up against the barn with his .38 special, and how he kept cocking the gun, and putting it to his head. He said he never did pull the trigger though. Anyway, so he pulls out this nice .38 special to show me which gun he's talking about. It was a stainless steel Taurus, with a 3 inch barrel, and he had paid pretty good money to have a well known gunsmith do a trigger job on it. It really was a nice gun. I realized at that point, that my dear brother-in-law was in danger of messing up his life. And over something silly too, like my sister. So right away, I thought of something I could do to maybe help the situation. I said Steve you wait right here, and I'll be right back. I ran out to my car, where I had an old beat up Ruger .44 Magnum pistol. It wasn't all that pretty, and I didn't have very much money in it, but it was big. I brought the gun into the house, and sat down with my brother-in-law. I then explained to him that if he shot himself in the head with that little .38 special, that there was a good chance he would just make a big mess. I told him that I was willing to help, and that I would trade my .44 Magnum for his little .38 special. That way he wouldn't have to worry about making such a mess of his life with a failed suicide attempt, and maybe have to go on living as a vegetable, or something like that. Almost immediately he saw the wisdom in my logic, and we traded guns right then and there. That has been 15-20 years ago, and I still have that Stainless steel Taurus .38 special with a trigger job, to this day. It really is a nice gun. My brother-in-law never did shoot himself in the head. At least not yet. And even though he is no longer my brother-in-law, whenever I run into him now, I can tell he has a soft spot in his heart for me, because he knows that I tried to help. Excellent story Richard. I'm guessing you got the better end of that trade though? Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
bonnie Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I do not 'piss off' nor on any Respiratory Therapists. I have only good relations with them all. But I still got 'soaked'. Comforting thought isn't it. A health care professional that is responsible for sore throats after intubation.Does that mean they did it as rough as possible? Double charges,not nice.That is why I go over my bill and make sure. We can hope this was said in jest and not personal knowledge of a professional acting this way Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Woody Posted July 5, 2010 Author Posted July 5, 2010 I don't understand. I've had an MRI and didn't need to be knocked out or intubated. Is that routine in woodyville? Good Question Amelia and Richard. No it's not. I have Chronic Pain though. I am not able to stay still for an MRI due to this pain. The same thing applies for church. So I can't attend church unless I am intubated. Okay that might be stretching things. And don't tell Blanche. But seriously ... they do 3-4 of these a day at the Hospital I went to. I had to travel over an hour away from home to get to the only hospital in this part of the state that will even do it this way. However ... in the land of Woodyville ... YES it IS routine. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Liz Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 Well did they find anything by the MRI? Did you get any medical answers? I'm sorry you got soaked by the bill, Uncle Woody, but I'm concerned about your health, how did that part go? Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Guest Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook I take it you're an RT. I have an ex-brother-in-law who's a Respiratory Therapist, and he's not any smarter than you are. Well, maybe a little. Just kidding Neil, just kidding. Anyway, I was over at my sister's house one day talking to my brother-in-law, just he and I. And he started complaining about how bad my sister was treating him. How she wouldn't pay him enough attention, and how she didn't want to have sex, and on and on. Then he tells me he's thinking about killing himself. He told me how just the other day he had drank a six pack of beer, and was sitting propped up against the barn with his .38 special, and how he kept cocking the gun, and putting it to his head. He said he never did pull the trigger though. Anyway, so he pulls out this nice .38 special to show me which gun he's talking about. It was a stainless steel Taurus, with a 3 inch barrel, and he had paid pretty good money to have a well known gunsmith do a trigger job on it. It really was a nice gun. I realized at that point, that my dear brother-in-law was in danger of messing up his life. And over something silly too, like my sister. So right away, I thought of something I could do to maybe help the situation. I said Steve you wait right here, and I'll be right back. I ran out to my car, where I had an old beat up Ruger .44 Magnum pistol. It wasn't all that pretty, and I didn't have very much money in it, but it was big. I brought the gun into the house, and sat down with my brother-in-law. I then explained to him that if he shot himself in the head with that little .38 special, that there was a good chance he would just make a big mess. I told him that I was willing to help, and that I would trade my .44 Magnum for his little .38 special. That way he wouldn't have to worry about making such a mess of his life with a failed suicide attempt, and maybe have to go on living as a vegetable, or something like that. Almost immediately he saw the wisdom in my logic, and we traded guns right then and there. That has been 15-20 years ago, and I still have that Stainless steel Taurus .38 special with a trigger job, to this day. It really is a nice gun. My brother-in-law never did shoot himself in the head. At least not yet. And even though he is no longer my brother-in-law, whenever I run into him now, I can tell he has a soft spot in his heart for me, because he knows that I tried to help. Excellent story Richard. I'm guessing you got the better end of that trade though? Oh, I don't know pk. I think I had about $150 tied up in that old .44 Magnum, and my brother-in-law, well I think he had about $600 in his gun. I guess I did alright. But the main thing is I was trying to help him. I knew that if he did something like that, that my .44 would do a much better job, and probably save him a lot of heartache later on. Never pass up an opportunity to help your fellow man pk. That's what I always say. Quote
Woody Posted July 5, 2010 Author Posted July 5, 2010 Well did they find anything by the MRI? Did you get any medical answers? I'm sorry you got soaked by the bill, Uncle Woody, but I'm concerned about your health, how did that part go? That was on Friday Liz. No results yet. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
LifeHiscost Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 It was a good story, Richard. Approximately one year ago my son was in a low point, had a gun and was ready to blow his brains out when the Lord intervened with a phone call from somebody He sent that changed the story of his life expectancy. Remind me to tell my son not to come within two states of you if he should ever again feel so inclined as he was then. I'm just interested in keeping you from being tried on a conspiracy to commit murder charge. teehe Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Moderators Bravus Posted July 5, 2010 Moderators Posted July 5, 2010 So yeah, this thread basically goes to prove (if any further proof were needed) that Obama can be blamed for absolutely anything, whether or not it is in any way related to his policies or anything at all over which he has any control... Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted July 5, 2010 Moderators Posted July 5, 2010 Um, Woody in the opening post? Quote Truth is important
Guest Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 Um, you said the thread shows that anything can be blamed on obama. If you have to go all the way back to the opening post to find what you're talking about, then you aren't talking about the thread. You're talking about the opening post. The Thread is on page 4. And nothing is being said about Obama. Unless you go all the way back to the OP. So how does the thread prove anything? Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted July 5, 2010 Moderators Posted July 5, 2010 Meh, it's not worth fighting about. But the thread theme is meant to be what the original poster sets as the topic for discussion. Of course, all threads drift. Maybe I can deal with your objection by tightening my statement as follows: "So yeah, Woody's intentions for this thread basically go to prove (if any further proof were needed) that Obama can be blamed for absolutely anything, whether or not it is in any way related to his policies or anything at all over which he has any control..." Quote Truth is important
Guest Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 Now that's more like it. But I could contrast your statement with Woody's, and say that your statement just goes to prove that no matter what happens, none of it can ever be obama's fault. He isn't responsible for anything bad that happens, ever. According to you kool-aid drinkers on the left. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted July 5, 2010 Moderators Posted July 5, 2010 Um, you could, but it would be completely illogical. As was pointed out, Obama's health care policies don't even come in for years. Woody's cost woes had diddly to do with Obama. Any claim of any kind can be made: but it does need to stand up to the tests of truth, evidence and reality. Quote Truth is important
Guest Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I don't think Woody tried to put all the blame for what happened to him on obama. Quote
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I AM sick. I know that. And PLEASE ... NO Amens. Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I still have a very sore and hurting throat from the breathing tube being shoved in. Can I blame that on Obama also? The real question is who did you tick off???? You must have been either 1] a difficult republican patient, denying that he has to be intubated in the first place by moving his head signaling "no" [assuming the "No" infection is caused by listening to too many republican propoganda articles from FauxNews.. 2] swollen throat 3] a difficult to intubate patient 4] didn't listen to the Respiratory Therapist in breathing a cool mist after the intubation Anyone of these things could have caused your sore throat...along with other things regarding plastic rubing upon tissue... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I do not 'piss off' nor on any Respiratory Therapists. I have only good relations with them all. But I still got 'soaked'. Um, this statement is not quite true.....heheheheheh Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I've never seen a Respiratory Therapist do an intubation on a patient....in all my years working in the ER and ICU/CCU it was always the physician (or paramedic out in the field) who did that. Woody sure did get soaked having to pay for parking at a medical facility... Regarding RTs doing an intubation....we do it often in the larger hospitals....the smaller ones relegate that responsibility mostly to the Nurse anesthetist in the calm situations or the ER doc or the paramedic in the field...But in the ICU, it's the RT who gets that responsibility many times over... As for the paying of the parking lot, many hospitals in the larger cities are charging for that parking lot because they can get away with it....Space in the cities are at a premium... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 No, it's when they shove a tube down your throat (or elsewhere). Heheheh....I have never known anyone being "intubated" in a "non-head" end of the body....Catheterize, yes...."intubated"...no! heheheheh Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
Neil D Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 Comforting thought isn't it. A health care professional that is responsible for sore throats after intubation.Does that mean they did it as rough as possible?Double charges,not nice.That is why I go over my bill and make sure. We can hope this was said in jest and not personal knowledge of a professional acting this way I have a hard time believing that anything that I said to Redwood regarding his sore throat caused by intubation could be taken as reality. People who believe the above are people who have very pessimistic minds, bordering on the cynical, it seems to me...And no amount of explaination will convince them otherwise.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
bonnie Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 I have a hard time believing that anything that I said to Redwood regarding his sore throat caused by intubation could be taken as reality. People who believe the above are people who have very pessimistic minds, bordering on the cynical, it seems to me...And no amount of explaination will convince them otherwise.... Don't fret Neil,I didn't take it all that seriously,except for the "checking my bill" Even with insurance it annoys me to be automatically billed for something I did not receive. My son had to have surgery after a bad break in his ankle. We did not carry insurance at the time.When he was relased from the hospital I noticed some charges on his bill.One being charged for physical therapy,which he never received. When I asked what that was for it was "teaching him to walk on crutches" and the crutches themselves". He walked into the hospital on his own crutches and walked out with same. I refused to pay that portion of the bill and after a little tussle it was removed. Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.