doug yowell Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 What does it say about Adventists when pigs are rooting for us??? The police like us alot?? Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 24, 2011 Members Posted March 24, 2011 What does it say about Adventists when pigs are rooting for us??? That we don't eat unclean food! :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 What does it say about Adventists when pigs are rooting for us??? Are you Australian? I would need to ask you your meaning of 'root'. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 I would like the world to discover the real thing. No, I mean The Real Thing... Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Sonny Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 I wish everyone in the world was like Jesus. And Jesus is not an Adventist.... Quote
Woody Posted March 24, 2011 Posted March 24, 2011 Originally Posted By: Bravus I wish everyone in the world was like Jesus. And Jesus is not an Adventist.... Last I checked ... Jesus believes in His second coming. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted March 24, 2011 Administrators Posted March 24, 2011 And if He believes in His 2nd coming, then He would be an Adventist... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Sonny Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 And if He believes in His 2nd coming, then He would be an Adventist... Jesus doesn't belong to denominations.....That's what I'm trying to get across. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted March 25, 2011 Moderators Posted March 25, 2011 Agreed: ideally, all Seventh-day Adventists would be Jesusists*, rather than Jesus being a Seventh-day Adventist. Sonny has things the right way around. *note, not that other word that gets bandied around here a but that looks superficially similar Quote Truth is important
ClubV12 Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 Pretty much all the prophets, disciples, apostles, etc. since Adam, are "Seventh Day Adventists". They were looking for the coming of Christ (1st or 2nd time), they kept the Sabbath and all of Gods laws that were applicable for their time. For the "Aventists" Jewish nation of Old Testament time, that also included the ceremonial laws as well as the laws of Moses. While the ceremonial laws were done away with, the prophecy of His coming and death being fulfilled, there may be other aspects of "Jewish law" we should not brush off to quickly! Perhaps, some are STILL applicable to our time! I think it's reasonable to say Christ was an Adventist Jew! The leader of a chosen group of people who kept the commandments of God, the Sabbath and looked for His future coming. His modern "chosen people", spiritual Jews, are Seventh Day Adventists. Like the Jewish message of long ago, our message today is not for us only, we are holding in trust a message for the world. This should not be confused with the idea that you MUST be a Seventh Day Adventist to understand, live up to and find salvation within the knowledge (light) that God has given any one person at any given time. But there is a "special" group. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 This should not be confused with the idea that you MUST be a Seventh Day Adventist to understand, live up to and find salvation within the knowledge (light) that God has given any one person at any given time. But there is a "special" group. I am not sure what you are trying to get at here. Seems almost conflicting. Seventh-day Adventists do believe that God has sheep in other folds - a lot of them. Adventists also believe that God holds a person accountable only for the light they had OR that they had access to. That means, of course, that there will be many heathen among the saved. However it is a narrow road and the road to destruction is wide. So while a person doesn't have to be an Adventist to be saved, certainly the knowledge of the truth gives a person an advantage. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
ClubV12 Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 "Special group", merely recognizing that God intrusted at least two known groups to carry his message to the world, possibly more. Jews and Seventh Day Adventist. As far as having an "advantage" goes, I guess you could say it that way. But it almost seems like a disadvantage as that group is then held to a higher standard (more light). One problem with the group theory is, WHAT "special group", or groups, were in existence during the 1,260 year period (more like a 1,335 year period actually), the dark ages. They are not easy to identify. 1,335 year period was from 508 AD (beginning of Papal Rome) to 1844 AD (end of 2,300 year prophecy). Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted March 25, 2011 Administrators Posted March 25, 2011 This reminds me of a recent observation posted on Facebook about Adventists - "SDA's are spiritual Israel....and we are acting just like them for the 2nd coming as it was with the 1st..." Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
ClubV12 Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 Point well taken Tom!!! Something I think about from time to time. But I get the distinct impression that the church will not collapse, but will continue to the end. Being relatively new to this, I'm not sure what that means exactly. I am impressed with the story of the "widows mite", her offering. Not for the offering and how blessed she was from it, but because she made that offering to a very corrupt "church" of her time. And Jesus honored it, in spite of the spiritual condition of the "leaders", the "church". They were STILL God's "chosen people" at the time and Jesus still honored that. Their cup of iniquity not yet full. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 I think the Adventist church is doing a great job of preparing the world for the second coming of Christ. I look at ADRA, our hospitals, are evangelists, Hope Channel, Adventist Word Radio. Maranatha Volunteers International, 3ABN and our publishing work and say WOW! What more could we be doing as an organization? Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Haldog Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 Not I. Quote "You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim
Haldog Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 I think the Adventist church is doing a great job of preparing the world for the second coming of Christ. I look at ADRA, our hospitals, are evangelists, Hope Channel, Adventist Word Radio. Maranatha Volunteers International, 3ABN and our publishing work and say WOW! What more could we be doing as an organization? Shane, do you really think that the SDA church is proclaiming the Gospel? The almost-too-good-to-be-true news? I look at your list of organizations and say WOW! How could they get it so wrong? Quote "You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim
ClubV12 Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 Tis better to have them than not. Can we sharpen the sword, be more effective and pointed in delivering the message? Sure, thats true of any corporation or group. But, you gotta do something, and these different agencies are making a difference, in my opinion. I came into the church through an evangelistic series. The message was at times, pretty hard to take, hard to accept. A woman friend of mine was also attending the meetings, a nice Catholic lady. She dropped out shortly after the 666 and beast message part. She could not fathom the idea that her local church, so active in the community and doing such good work for those in need, could be this awful thing. I didn't know what to tell her, what could I say? I barely had a handle on it myself. Some where just after half way point I also considered droppping out. The evangelist could tell I was a bit discouraged. He said, "You've made it this far, you are a survivor." It was what I needed to hear at the time, and I hung in there. Support from the Adventist helping with those meetings, greeters, hand shakers, nice folks, had a HUGE impact as well. The meetings got me in, the people helped me to hang on. Quote
cardw Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 I wouldn't want to the world all of any group. Adventism will survive or die based on the same factors as every other organization on the earth. Quote Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
ClubV12 Posted March 25, 2011 Posted March 25, 2011 Looks like the church is doing OK, growing at a good clip while many others are not. Adventist's do have a unique message, not just the Sabbath, lot's of different organizations see the wisdom in that. I think the unique message is the sanctuary concept. Holy and Most Holy place and understanding of the judgement procedures. Of course the 2nd coming, but again, were not totally alone on that concept. It is indeed a message to and for the world, given to this particular group to share. Seems to me the Jews primary message was more fundamental, a "living God" in a time when idol worship was so very common. That basic message won't change until Jesus returns. His "church" will remain secure, there is no doubt there, no earthly force will bring it down. What constitutes the "church" could be debated however. What "church" did the Waldenses have, for instance? And yet, they were keepers of the flame of truth. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted March 28, 2011 Posted March 28, 2011 Shane, do you really think that the SDA church is proclaiming the Gospel? Absolutely! Not only do I believe, I am part of it. I invest my time and my money in this organization. It gives me a venue to serve God by helping others and thus making a difference in the world. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Dr. Rich Posted March 28, 2011 Posted March 28, 2011 Rev. 2:19 "I know your deeds and your love and faith and service and perserverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than the first...But..." Rev. 3:1 "...I know your deeds, [and] that your have a name [Adventists] that you are alive, BUT.... Perhaps we Adventists don't like to hear what Paul Harvey liked to tell, and that is the REST of the story. Quote
Sonny Posted March 28, 2011 Posted March 28, 2011 Originally Posted By: Haldog Shane, do you really think that the SDA church is proclaiming the Gospel? Absolutely! Not only do I believe, I am part of it. I invest my time and my money in this organization. It gives me a venue to serve God by helping others and thus making a difference in the world. Will the real gospel please stand up.... Quote
Moderators John317 Posted March 28, 2011 Moderators Posted March 28, 2011 Will the real gospel please stand up.... Not Jack Sequiera's version. the real gospel is what's being referred to in Rev. 14: 6. Seventh-day Adventists know it as the Three Angels' Messages. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.