Jump to content
ClubAdventist

What We Should Do On This Day, (YOU'LL LOVE THIS)


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Delia Aquino

On this day,mend a quarrel.

Search out a forgotten friend.

Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.

Write a love letter.

Share some treasure.

Give a soft answer.

Encourage youth.

Manifest your loyalty in a word or deed.

Keep a promise.

Find the time.

Forego a grudge.

Forgive an enemy.

Listen.

Apologize if you were wrong.

Try to understand.

Flout envy.

Examine your demands on others.

Think first of someone else.

Appreciate,be kind,be gentle.

Laugh a little more.

Deserve confidence.

Take up arms against malice.

Decry complacency.

Express your gratitude.

Worship your GOD.

Gladden the heart of a child.

Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.

Speak your LOVE.

Speak it again.

Speak it still again.

Speak it still once again.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

A friend of mine on FB gave me permission to post this for everyone's pleasure and edification. Many thanks, Delia!

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

Keep a promise.

The spirit of the old covenant is alive and well.

How about we throw all these good works away and learn to walk by faith.

Jesus was kind enough to send us the 'seal of the living God' a hundred years ago.

The seal of God can be obtained by understanding the 1888 message.

Jesus's number - 888

Satan's number - 666

  • Members
Posted

Jesus's number - 888

Satan's number - 666

From what I understand Jesus' # is 777

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Members
Posted

A friend of mine on FB gave me permission to post this for everyone's pleasure and edification. Many thanks, Delia!

:like:

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Moderators
Posted

Chapter 13 of First Corinthians

13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

13:2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

13:4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Gal. 5: 6--

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Members
Posted

Chapter 13 of First Corinthians

13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

13:2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

13:4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

:like:

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Moderators
Posted

:-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

Chapter 13 of First Corinthians

13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

13:2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

13:4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

Gal. 5: 6--

For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

So should we keep our promises or not?

  • Moderators
Posted

Originally Posted By: John317

Keep a promise.

The spirit of the old covenant is alive and well.

Under the New Covenant, we live for Christ and for others and no longer for ourselves.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

Under the New Covenant, we live for Christ and for others and no longer for ourselves.

According to the 1888 message and the new covenant we are to trust in God's promises and quit trying to keep our own.

  • Moderators
Posted

Are you saying that people who accept the 1888 Message and are putting it into practice in their lives will not keep their promises and will not do the things Delia writes about?

Doesn't the 1888 Message result in people becoming more and more like Christ?

If Christ is living within us, His character will shine through us. That is also part of the 1888 Message as found in the writings of Jones @ Waggoner and Ellen White.

On this day,mend a quarrel.

Search out a forgotten friend.

Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.

Write a love letter.

Share some treasure.

Give a soft answer.

Encourage youth.

Manifest your loyalty in a word or deed.

Keep a promise.

Find the time.

Forego a grudge.

Forgive an enemy.

Listen.

Apologize if you were wrong.

Try to understand.

Flout envy.

Examine your demands on others.

Think first of someone else.

Appreciate,be kind,be gentle.

Laugh a little more.

Deserve confidence.

Take up arms against malice.

Decry complacency.

Express your gratitude.

Worship your GOD.

Gladden the heart of a child.

Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.

Speak your LOVE.

Speak it again.

Speak it still again.

Speak it still once again.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

There's a big difference between works of the law and works of faith. Under the Old Covenant, people do good works in order to earn merit with God. Their motive is not love but fear. Under the New the Holy Spirit works though us and accomplishes the works of Christ in us by love and faith and out of gratitude to God. Do you agree?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

There's a big difference between works of the law and works of faith. Under the Old Covenant, people do good works in order to earn merit with God. Their motive is not love but fear. Under the New the Holy Spirit works though us and accomplishes the works of Christ in us by love and faith and out of gratitude to God. Do you agree?

I agree - who's Delia?

  • Moderators
Posted

She's a "friend" of mine on FaceBook. She posted on Ambassador's For Christ, a discussion group on FB. She told me I could copy it here for CA members.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

Are you saying that people who accept the 1888 Message and are putting it into practice in their lives will not keep their promises and will not do the things Delia writes about?

Doesn't the 1888 Message result in people becoming more and more like Christ?

If Christ is living within us, His character will shine through us. That is also part of the 1888 Message as found in the writings of Jones @ Waggoner and Ellen White.

On this day,mend a quarrel.

Search out a forgotten friend.

Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust.

Write a love letter.

Share some treasure.

Give a soft answer.

Encourage youth.

Manifest your loyalty in a word or deed.

Keep a promise.

Find the time.

Forego a grudge.

Forgive an enemy.

Listen.

Apologize if you were wrong.

Try to understand.

Flout envy.

Examine your demands on others.

Think first of someone else.

Appreciate,be kind,be gentle.

Laugh a little more.

Deserve confidence.

Take up arms against malice.

Decry complacency.

Express your gratitude.

Worship your GOD.

Gladden the heart of a child.

Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth.

Speak your LOVE.

Speak it again.

Speak it still again.

Speak it still once again.

This list is exactly like 95% of Ellen White's writings.

She always pushes people to strive and attain some lofty Christian ideal or

to resist some other negative or bad character trait - all of her writings read like this.

Then end result is that people focus on their performance and take their eyes of Jesus and his righteousness.

  • Moderators
Posted

This list is exactly like 95% of Ellen White's writings.

She always pushes people to strive and attain some lofty Christian ideal or

to resist some other negative or bad character trait - all of her writings read like this.

Then end result is that people focus on their performance and take their eyes of Jesus and his righteousness.

So then, do you accept only 5% of her writngs and jettison what you don't like?

But what do you do with the words of Jesus and the rest of the NT?

Are you sure you understand the 1888 Message?

Does that message encourage SDAs to reject most of the Testimonies of the Spirit of God?

Here's what Ellen White said about her writings:

Quote:
My Saviour declared me to be His messenger. "Your work," He instructed me, "is to bear My word. Strange things will arise, and in your youth I set you apart to bear the message to the erring ones, to carry the word before unbelievers, and with pen and voice to reprove from the Word actions that are not right. Exhort from the Word. I will make My Word open to you. It shall not be as a strange language. In the true eloquence of simplicity, with voice and pen, the messages that I give shall be heard from one who has never learned in the schools. My Spirit and My power shall be with you. {1SM 32.2}

"Be not afraid of man, for My shield shall protect you. It is not you that speaketh: it is the Lord that giveth the messages of warning and reproof. Never deviate from the truth under any circumstances. Give the light I shall give you. The messages for these last days shall be written in books, and shall stand immortalized, to testify against those who have once rejoiced in the light, but who have been led to give it up because of the seductive influences of evil." {1SM 32.3}

You who have been educating yourselves and others in a spirit of criticism and accusing, remember that you are imitating the example of Satan. When it suits your purpose, you treat the Testimonies as if you believed them, quoting from them to strengthen any statement you wish to have prevail. But how is it when light is given to correct your errors? Do you then accept the light? When the Testimonies speak contrary to your ideas, you treat them very lightly. {1SM 42}

It does not become anyone to drop a word of doubt here and there that shall work like poison in other minds, shaking their confidence in the messages which God has given, which have aided in laying the foundation of this work, and have attended it to the present day, in reproofs, warnings, corrections, and encouragements. To all who have stood in the way of the Testimonies, I would say, God has given a message to His people, and His voice will be heard, whether you hear or forbear. Your opposition has not injured me; but you must give an account to the God of heaven, who has sent these warnings and instructions to keep His people in the right way. You will have to answer to Him for your blindness, for being a stumbling block in the way of sinners. {1SM 43.1}

If it had been left up to Ellen White, she wouldn't have written any of the Testimonies or the other books. Those aren't her messages. She writes the messages of God for the church.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

The spirit of the old covenant is alive and well.

How about we throw all these good works away and learn to walk by faith.

And walking by faith is? Not doing any of those things?

Posted

I'm not a casual reader of Ellen White, I've read almost everything she ever wrote except the testimonies, I couldn't get thru those. I have an understanding of God and religious things that I wouldn't have had without her writings.

Having said that, you have to admit that many, many people are led into legalism by following her too strictly. Look at all the offshoot movements, they never focus on faith - it's always some commandment keeping message.

There is a very fine line between faith and works, I admit that. It's something that only prayer, Jesus and the Holy spirit can truly teach. Ellen White saw something in what Jones and Waggoner were teaching that changed her entire focus. Her writings were different after 1888. Ellen White pointed people to that message and I'm simply trying to do the same.

Posted

Cheddar, Ellen White did not change her focus after 1888. She understood righteousness by faith before 1888 and after 1888 she was the one who spelled it out in a way that neither Waggoner nor Jones ever did. For many years I focussed on their writings and was greatly blessed and still am but Mrs. White above all is the one through whom the Lord presented the matter of salvation in most simple terms. Like, "There is salvation for you but only through the merits of Jesus Christ. The grace of the Holy Spirit has been offered to you again and again." T.M.97.

This is saying that the Holy Spirit is offered to us if we will come to God just as we are, sinful, helpless, dependent, hanging our helpless souls upon the merits of Jesus Christ.

Why? She tells us why. Because "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." Steps to Christ, 36.

Thus, "The merits of a crucified and risen Saviour are the foundation of the Christian's faith." The Great Controversy, 73.

On page 74 she states that this is "the true light" that the Reformers discovered and when they did, "they cast themselves wholly upon the merits of Jesus."

On page 221 is recorded a prayer from one of the Reformers:

"'O Father,' he cried, 'we had devised for ourselves many useless follies but You have placed Your word before me like a torch, and you have touched my heart, in order that I may hold in abomination all other merits save those of Jesus."

Mrs. White explained that unless we make it our lifebusiness to look to Jesus and to accept His merits which it is our privilege to claim, we cannot be saved. See T.M.93.

This is how she summed up the 1888 message. In other words, only as we accept His merits and claim them as our own can His righteousness be brought into the life and His righteousness is made manifest in obedience to the commandments of God. See T.M.92. This is, of course, accomplished by the Holy Spirit, His representative. Then the Holy Spirit works in us both to will and to do His good pleasure. (Phil.2:13)

This is, according to her, the 1888 message, the third angel's message in clear, distinct lines.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

Originally Posted By: John317

Under the New Covenant, we live for Christ and for others and no longer for ourselves.

According to the 1888 message and the new covenant we are to trust in God's promises and quit trying to keep our own.

You are both right but I will add this:

According to the 1888 message we are to present our helpless case before God pleading the all-sufficient merits of a crucified and risen Saviour. To those who do this on a daily basis (make it their lifebusiness) every command becomes a promise. Here is how Mrs. White presented this to the people as she was reflecting upon the most precious message:

"We have been at work on the law until we get as dry as the hills of Gilboah. Let the law take care of itself. Let us trust in the merits of Jesus Christ of Nazareth." E.G. White, 1888 Materials, Vol.2, p.557.

She spoke of the faith that lays right hold upon the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour to bring His righteousness into the life and His righteousness is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God for it accomplishes everything. See F.W.65,66; T.M.92; F.W.27.

Is this not, indeed, a most precious message?

sky

This covenant was available before the cross. Adam lived by it and so did Abraham, that is, all those who trusted in the merits of a Saviour to come.

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

Posted

Yep, I agree that the one who wrote this about his idea of love, had on dark rose colored glasses and couldn't see the real truth of the matter. It was to bad he didn't learn anything from the eyewitnesses of Jesus' ministry. Isn't it time to take those glasses off so that the Holy Spirit can lead you into ALL truth?

  • Moderators
Posted

... I've read almost everything she ever wrote except the testimonies, I couldn't get thru those.

I think it's wonderful that you've read a lot of her works. But the Testimonies For the Church are really her primary writings for SDAs. Those are messages that God gave to her for the church.

Could I ask why you couldn't get through the Testimonies?

Originally Posted By: cheddar
Having said that, you have to admit that many, many people are led into legalism by following her too strictly...

The same might just as well be said of the Bible.

I wouldn't say it's because of following her too strictly, though.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

I agree with your post here, sky. :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Moderators
Posted

According to the 1888 message we are to present our helpless case before God pleading the all-sufficient merits of a crucified and risen Saviour. To those who do this on a daily basis (make it their lifebusiness) every command becomes a promise. Here is how Mrs. White presented this to the people as she was reflecting upon the most precious message:

"We have been at work on the law until we get as dry as the hills of Gilboah. Let the law take care of itself. Let us trust in the merits of Jesus Christ of Nazareth." E.G. White, 1888 Materials, Vol.2, p.557.

She spoke of the faith that lays right hold upon the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour to bring His righteousness into the life and His righteousness is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God for it accomplishes everything. See F.W.65,66; T.M.92; F.W.27.

Is this not, indeed, a most precious message?

Amen. Yes, it really is!!

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...