Woody Posted January 20, 2012 Posted January 20, 2012 Well that's cool Gibs. I am glad to hear you are willing to address the questions posed. SO I will repost this one: Quote: I've never come across any preaching in the SDA church that wasn't of the Holy Spirit. Can you give us an example of one? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Gibs Posted January 20, 2012 Author Posted January 20, 2012 Woody, I will not answer that question as you demand but in this way. If you think that every preacher that ever got up behind a pulpit in the SDA church that has been ordained of men is ordained of God I think you know better and that is my answer to you. I know better and some have been defrocked but more should be. Judas was defrocked you know and if one got in then how about now? Go your way, I hinder you not. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Woody Posted January 20, 2012 Posted January 20, 2012 Okay. As I understand it - you have made a charge but refuse to give us even one example. Okay. I appreciate you being honest about it. Now each person can decide whether to give your statment any value. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Gibs Posted January 20, 2012 Author Posted January 20, 2012 It is obvious Woody and your crituqe of some show you strongly oppose some. Then you turn around and say they all speak by the Spirit. All must not speak by the Spirit you would like them to speak from. The Holy Spirit in man is Jesus Christ for He Himself told us, h 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Would not then all who speak of Him speak harmony? I think so. And we all should be in harmony and one day we will. We just work now to get with Him. I believe you get what I am saying surely by now. Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Woody Posted January 20, 2012 Posted January 20, 2012 Quote: Would not then all who speak of Him speak harmony? I think so. Theological harmony is way overdone in it's perceived value. As I have tried so hard to explain to you - God has a unique message to each of us. Just because you might not see the value of a sermon - does not mean that someone else in the audience does not obtain the Spirit through the message. God reaches us in individual ways. God used unique ways to reach people. Yes, he even used a donkey. Was the donkey Spirit lead? If you had heard the donkey - would you have accepted the message or just figured it was not Spirit lead because it was a DONKEY? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 23, 2012 Members Posted January 23, 2012 'looking' you in the eye! I have to agree with you there CoApen. They just can't do it! :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dr. Rich Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Originally Posted By: Patrick Lawrence Well I might as well jump in for a minute. What I see are some pasters being very far off and some pastors being very good. I think most would say the same. Really since pastors are preaching directly contradictory sermons both sides can't be right. As as you guys probably know I do not like the errors on either side. Neither conspiracy theories nor emerging church stuff. I feel we do need to emerge from the legalism that has been cursing our churches for so long. And so far - I think we are making good progress. Huh? Show me one place Jesus said anyone could ever be saved by grace? If you want to belong to a 'grace' church, there are thousands of them, but ALL of them teach and practice a serious lie about being saved by grace. Matt. 19 clearly shows us what it takes to be in the KOH. Obey all ten commandments and follow the words of Jesus. Quote
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Quote: Matt. 19 clearly shows us what it takes to be in the KOH. Obey all ten commandments and follow the words of Jesus. Oh I agree that's the requirement. But you won't find ME doing all of that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2012 Members Posted January 24, 2012 Oh I agree that's the requirement. But you won't find ME doing all of that. So my friend, which one do you not purposely do? Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Gibs Posted January 24, 2012 Author Posted January 24, 2012 Break one, might as well broke them all and which one is LEAST? Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. Mt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Do not teach others to break any neither is the Word from our Saviour. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Dr. Rich Posted January 31, 2012 Posted January 31, 2012 Quote: Matt. 19 clearly shows us what it takes to be in the KOH. Obey all ten commandments and follow the words of Jesus. Oh I agree that's the requirement. But you won't find ME doing all of that. Why is that Woody? Can't you make the right choices in life? What is so hard about keeping all of the ten commandments? what is so hard about reading the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses and obeying what He said? What gets me is that people think one has to have a degree in theology before they know anything about salvation. Truth is, that Matthew 28 explains what we should be doing is a very simple thing to do indeed. Just teach others what Jesus said and baptize those who will do the same. It's just that simple--no one has to go thru any seminary as there is only ONE leader and teacher, and that is Jesus Christ Himself! Quote
Woody Posted January 31, 2012 Posted January 31, 2012 Praise God the plan of salvation is simple. Simple enough for a child to understnad. But the reason I can't obey Dr. Rich - is that if someone as close to Jesus as Dr. Rich can't and isn't keeping all of the commandments - HOW CAN "I" ? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Gibs Posted January 31, 2012 Author Posted January 31, 2012 The one and only way of obeying those 10 commandments is "Christ in You" the Only Hople of Glory. He becomes our strength and stay. We must become one in Him and He in us. Then our will is His Will and our love has become His Love. Those commandments now are in our hearts and is the hearts desire to do the same as His. We are no longer under the law but the law is our thing and love. None will be saved in sin, we are saved from past sin and empowered to not sin no more. He did not tell any to go do something He didn't make it possible for us to do. Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. Christ in us is the way, the Divine Nature if you will, and then we have His Power to walk as He walked on earth and that is all that is expected of us. Can we do it? You better believe we can, it is known as "Faith". 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.