Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Quote: The fountain of all truth and wisdom being ignorant at any time, a decided no! I think I will go with scripture and the SOP on this one. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 miz3 - This is what your favorite author says: Quote: "The Saviour could not see through the portals of the tomb. Hope did not present to Him His coming forth from the grave a conqueror, or tell Him of the Father’s acceptance of the sacrifice. He feared that sin was so offensive to God that Their separation was to be eternal." Woody, this came to my mind, too... His human nature was still there and it sounds to me like the weight of the guilt of the world's sins PLUS the prospect of separation from His Father were overwhelming. This quote is interesting in that it mentions also the assurance of the acceptance of the sacrifice. If you study the sanctuary subject, this makes perfect sense. Remember, when he appeared to Mary He told her not to touch Him as He had not yet ascended to His Father? The sacrifice had to be proclaimed acceptable and suitable as a sweet savour. But alas, when Jesus was on the cross, His human nature wavered in His assurance for just a bit. He then submitted, again, to His Father's will. Even Christ had to have faith at such a time. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Excellent post Gail. We tend to forget that after all He was HUMAN. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Rich Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 All of this shows us that Jesus Christ was not the same as the Father or the Holy Spirit. Many people believe that Jesus Christ is here now in the Spirit of the Holy Spirit, but this would show us that Jesus and the Holy Spirit at two different 'beings' or things. Quote
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Gail - some may get defensive and offended by this thread. But to me it is GOOD NEWS. It says to me that there may be times when I simply can't see clearly. But if I go to the Father on my knees - that HE will revive me and give me knowledge and courage. This is GREAT NEWS. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Gail - some may get defensive and offended by this thread.But to me it is GOOD NEWS. It says to me that there may be times when I simply can't see clearly. But if I go to the Father on my knees - that HE will revive me and give me knowledge and courage. This is GREAT NEWS. Exactly!!! Well said! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Gail - some may get defensive and offended by this thread.But to me it is GOOD NEWS. It says to me that there may be times when I simply can't see clearly. But if I go to the Father on my knees - that HE will revive me and give me knowledge and courage. This is GREAT NEWS. Amen Woody!!! Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 I see even more than that. If there comes a time when I am found in a position where I face death, especially if it is death for the Lord's sake, and I can't see beyond the tomb, I can follow my Saviour's footsteps and not feel alone. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 I see even more than that. If there comes a time when I am found in a position where I face death, especially if it is death for the Lord's sake, and I can't see beyond the tomb, I can follow my Saviour's footsteps and not feel alone. Gail there is TONS of stuff about this that is cool. We will not be able to know EVERYTHING. And when we find out that we don't know it ALL - we can point to JESUS and say - He knows my needs. He knows my name. He knows I don't know it all. And He still loves me. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 And He is totally trustworthy :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Gibs Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 We must remember He was the son of man and The Son of God. EGW gives us a little, "Christ could be tempted in all points like as we are, and yet be without sin. The incarnation of Christ has ever been, and will ever remain a mystery. That which is revealed, is for us and for our children, but let every human being be warned from the ground of making Christ altogether human, such an one as ourselves; for it cannot be. The exact time when humanity blended with divinity, it is not necessary for us to know. We are to keep our feet on the Rock Christ Jesus, as God revealed in humanity. {5BC 1128.6} I perceive that there is danger in approaching subjects which dwell on the humanity of the Son of the infinite God. He did humble Himself when He saw He was in fashion as a man, that He might understand the force of all temptations wherewith man is beset." {5BC 1129.1} The Saints I'm sure living just before His coming in the clouds will experience this same separation. Never the less like Him they will hold fast to faith. Remember He has instilled into each of the Redeemed His Divine Nature. It will be the lost that will be the in greatest in agony. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 And He is totally trustworthy Yes. Yes. Praise God. He IS our Hope and ASSURANCE. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Gibs, I don't think anyone is trying to make Him altogether human. I think we are just seeing Him as our Example, who was able to be touched with the feeling of our infirmities and was in all points tempted as we are. In doing so, we gain strength from that AS WELL AS the power of His grace that He bestows especially in our time of need. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 None of us will ever be called to tread such a path as His crucifixion for the weight of all sin. BUT we are called to "follow Me". In whatever life brings us through, we know that we have a Saviour who suffered more and is able to strengthen us. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Gail: Quote: He is totally trustworthy YES!!! Woody: Quote: We will not be able to know EVERYTHING. And when we find out that we don't know it ALL - we can point to JESUS and say - He knows my needs. He knows my name. He knows I don't know it all. And He still loves me.[/u] That He could still love me! That is such an amazing and comforting thought. Good topic and Good post! TY Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Yes Gail. Oh how blessed. YOu know - some of us go through extremely difficult trials. And we might even lose some of our faith. ANd it is really really difficult to see through the fog of discouragement. But when we look to Jesus and see that HE also struggled and had difficulty looking through the fog. It gives us hope and encouragement to know that HE was able to go to His Father and then be lifted up and set on the right path. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Naomi Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Gibs, I don't think anyone is trying to make Him altogether human. I think we are just seeing Him as our Example, who was able to be touched with the feeling of our infirmities and was in all points tempted as we are. In doing so, we gain strength from that AS WELL AS the power of His grace that He bestows especially in our time of need. Is that not why He came in human form, so we could see by His example that we can be tempted, discouraged, and the plan of salvation is still ours for the asking/taking. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 Quote: Is that not why He came in human form, so we could see by His example that we can be tempted, discouraged, and the plan of salvation is still ours for the asking/taking. Very VERY Good observation Naomi Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Gibs Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Gibs, I don't think anyone is trying to make Him altogether human. I think we are just seeing Him as our Example, who was able to be touched with the feeling of our infirmities and was in all points tempted as we are. In doing so, we gain strength from that AS WELL AS the power of His grace that He bestows especially in our time of need. Yes Gail I certainly agree with that and the part of the power He came to give us is the one most miss. It is the infilling of His Divine Nature that is the victory in us to overcome and yes as He did. That is the big part of the plan of salvation. Of ourselves we are nothing, our hope can only come from the Divine Nature He will impart to us and it only takes our full repentance and submission and our will set as flint to do and be of His Will. The truth of this is where our faith takes hold of the promise and it is ours. It is not works, it is He in us that does the works. We have nothing to boast of. I think you understand this but many do not and all need to see it and understand it. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Woody Posted January 23, 2012 Author Posted January 23, 2012 I will never use His Divine Nature enough. I will always fail in that pursuit. Praise God HE died so that when I don't use that Divine Nature - He forgives. For it is not how much I use his Divine Nature that sames me. It is my choise to accept HIS life in MY place. He is my substitute. I for one am not ignornant of that fact. I cling to it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
miz3 Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 miz3 - This is what your favorite author says: Quote: "The Saviour could not see through the portals of the tomb. Hope did not present to Him His coming forth from the grave a conqueror, or tell Him of the Father’s acceptance of the sacrifice. He feared that sin was so offensive to God that Their separation was to be eternal." The moment I read your first post this quote from "my favorite author" came directly to my mind. However, it may appear that her opinion on this one may indeed be correct at least for a "little" time on the Cross. However, John as I pointed out says that at the end Christ was fully aware of everything. Second even though I think Ellen White for the vast most part expressed her opinions, does not mean that I believe "ALL HER OPINIONS were wrong. Humans can be correct even when they are expressing their own opinions. An opinion is not automatically wrong just because it is an opinion. Quote
miz3 Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Gail - some may get defensive and offended by this thread.But to me it is GOOD NEWS. It says to me that there may be times when I simply can't see clearly. But if I go to the Father on my knees - that HE will revive me and give me knowledge and courage. This is GREAT NEWS. Quote
miz3 Posted January 23, 2012 Posted January 23, 2012 Thanks Woody and everyone. I am enjoying this thread. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted January 23, 2012 Administrators Posted January 23, 2012 Thanks Woody and everyone. I am enjoying this thread. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted January 24, 2012 Author Posted January 24, 2012 What I wonder about is if this thread will make the C/A Email Newsletter considering Stan's dislike for the title? Someone will have to tell me. I don't get the newsletter. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.