ClubV12 Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 Render unto Ceaser.... It's a bum rap I tell you, a setup, a speed trap, I'm an innocent man!!! I need a lawyer!!! Well, OK, I won't go the lawyer route, but I will ask for a trial. 35 mph speed zone, which ends (apparently) at the first light on a four lane highway two lanes in both directions. I'm coming up on the light which is green, but I'm kind of still far away. I know the highway is 45 mph zone so to make sure I don't miss the light I accellerate to 50 mph. Motorcycle cop lasered me at 50, well now I know my speedo is accurate, so thats good news. But he nails me AT the light, which has a sign posted (across the intersection) for 45 mph. I don't know, I guess "technically" I was in a 35 mph, but gimme a break!!! The LAST speed limit sign for 35 mph is far away from the 45 mph sign. It's a bush whack I tell ya.... I'll plead not guilty, mainly because in my heart I know I was not speeding, "ignorance of the law"! Last time I checked that excuse doesn't work in court. Maybe I'll just do traffic school and bite the bullet. The ticket cost ($160) isn't the problem, I'm worried about the potential for an insurance rate hike. I carry insurance on six cars so THAT could be significant over the next 3 to 5 years. First ticket for me in ten years..... I used to speed quite regularly, on the race track! Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 I feel your pain, having been there more than a few times... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted February 17, 2012 Members Posted February 17, 2012 Sorry to hear that Club. I understand that traffic school is not an option anymore? At least not in Massachusetts, or at least not the last time I got a ticket and asked about that option. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 I also feel your pain. I have paid a few myself: Much higher than yours. However, now as Court Clerk, I can tell you that there are many very creative people who come to Traffic Court. IMHO, traffic school is probably a good choice and should save you from increased insurance preminums. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
ClubV12 Posted February 17, 2012 Author Posted February 17, 2012 Traffic school in Oregon is an option. Something about you have to pay some "court fee" which is equivelant to the price of the original ticket but technically isn't actually paying for the ticket. Ceaser is SO slick.... Then you have to pay for the school on top of that. Somehow, it all works out to cost more than if you just paid the ticket in the first place. Considering the potential increase in insurance rates I would be facing I'm thinking it would still be cheaper to take the school. This is such a bum rap I have not ruled out getting a lawyer just to look into this intersection to see if it is in fact being used as a "speed trap" situation. Quote
Dr. Rich Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 In this country (USA) Ceaser is "We The People" and the servants for the King (we the People) are none other than the public servants in the government. Your false assumption that Ceaser is the government here is just like all of the other false assumptions you make about religion, Club. The people living here have sure been dumbed down--just as the attorneys have been by going thru the many cookie cutter law (statute) schools. Clerks for the court are not there to help anyone as they too are simply servants of the People. I am fed up with idiot judges like the one who told my client today that the 7th Amendment no longer exists. Speeding tickets, as ALL DMV violation complaints MUST by law be verified (signed under oath/perjury for the truth thereof) and IF the victim does not demand to see this verified complaint, the judge simply closes his eyes to this violation. Please demand to see the verified complaint before any pleading! Try that my friends, you just might like it. Quote
Administrators Naomi Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 Quote: Clerks for the court are not there to help anyone as they too are simply servants of the People Not to argue with you, but you might be surprised!!! Club, I don't know about your state, but in most states when you sign receipt of the ticket there is no other signatures under oath, or otherwise required. Should you decide upon a trial, and perhaps even if you don't ask for a trial, you can ask for verification of when the officer's radar was last calibrated. This may differ in states but most have to be calibrated every 1 to 2 years. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Administrators Gail Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 Years ago we had an Aussie friend who immigrated here. I remember the time when he bawled out a public servant at a government office, because as he said, "You're here to SERVE me!!" LOL Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 LOL There are a lot of people who seem to enjoy hollering and cussing out "public servants". Usually doesn't do much to help the situation they are angry about. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Dr. Rich Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 I am old enough to remember the day when public servants did not have to worry about having bullet proof glass to protect them because they truely were nice public servants. I was a Police Officer back then when they called us "Peace Officers" and not 'law (should be code and statute) enforcement officers'. Now days, cops write tickets to make money for the county and the court. Now it's all about making money-highway robbers! Quote
Administrators Naomi Posted February 17, 2012 Administrators Posted February 17, 2012 Ahhhh ... the good old days! Ir appears that you are suggesting that Public Buildings are the ONLY place where violence has increased. And, when you worked as a 'Peace Officer' the bad guys did not have automatic weapons more powerful than you. How often did you or one or your brothers in blue pull over a car and have a possibility of being shot before or while approaching a vehicle? Time to wake up and see what time it is .......... Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Guest Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 First ticket for me in ten years..... That fact alone means you have nothing to worry about. I know. I received a speeding certificate only a few months ago for doing 15 mph over the limit. Take the easy way out, I did. Pay a lawyer $300.00 (it's that high only because it's 15 mph over) He will in turn go to court FOR you, where he is allowed to plead faulty equipment on your behalf, up to 2 times every 3 years if you have a clean record. (some states may vary on how many times, it could be just one) The case is then dismissed, and if there is any cost of court, it comes out of the $300.00. No points on your license, and no points on your insurance. You don't even go to court yourself, He handles everything for 300 dollars. I don't know how you can beat that, even if it is a bum rap. Mine wasn't a bum rap, and worth every penny. In my case, I took care of everything over the phone. First I sifted through all the lawyer letters that came in the mail, starting the day after the ticket. I found one with the last name Nugent, and picked him. (I used to be a Ted Nugent fan) Never even talked to him. The girl on the phone explained my options, and I gladly paid the money over the phone, and hired Mr. Nugent, and that was the end of it. I didn't have to go to court, my insurance and license are still spotless, and I lived to speed another day. Quote
Woody Posted February 17, 2012 Posted February 17, 2012 Quote: I lived to speed another day. Glad you are living. But fear it won't be for long with that attitude. lol Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
olger Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 Legalized theft.. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Gerr Posted February 18, 2012 Moderators Posted February 18, 2012 My first two years in NC, I got TWO speeding tickets. It cost me $300/ticket for a lawyer to have it changed to a moving violation which does not affect the driving record. Now I don't stray far from the posted speed limit. Not at $300/ticket! Quote
Guest Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 This was my first speeding ticket ever. Quote
Guest Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 Legalized theft.. I was so happy to get out of it without points on my license or insurance, that I felt like I was the one doing the stealing. I was doing 70 in a 45. But not like in the city or anything. 45 is to low of a speed limit for these roads out here in the country. Nobody does 45. Very few anyway. Quote
Moderators Kevin H Posted February 18, 2012 Moderators Posted February 18, 2012 Speeding laws are, I forgot the exact term but something like Strict Liability, but anyway you cannot claim things like you did not realize you were speeding or something like that. Once in a law class (I had a year of Law School but needed to maintain a B and my grades were B- and C+) the professor talked about being a judge on the trafic court the night before and how one person said to him "Your honnor, while I was going faster than 65, I was driving slower than 70 MPH" He replied "So you are saying that you were going faster than 65 MPH but slower than 70 MPH?" "Yes indeed your honor, so you see the police officer should not have given me a ticket" to which the Judge explained how it was a strick liability law and since he said that he was going faster than 65 he was admiting to guilt and he lost his case. Now my sister is a lawyer, and once I went with her to a continuing education class and it included lectures on dealing with speeding tickets. Surprisingly there are all kinds of rules and regulations out there that the lawyer can use to get any speeding ticket cancelled or changed to a non-moving violation where it does not effect your points or insurance. So check out with a lawyer or paralegal. Quote
Neil D Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 what state was this in? I've never been able to get these "moving violations" reduced..... a decade ago, I was living in one state and working in another, approximately 12 hours driving distance, driving across another state to get to my job...a remote area of the country, with few people on the road in mid-day....I had not met anyone on the road for several miles, so instead of driving 65, I went a bit faster...I really wanted to test a theory that one could actually drive 100 miles in one hour. The evidence was that at 65 mph, I was getting about 50 miles...Unfortunately, the police officer didn't see it that it was a useful experiment....and the judge was amazed that a fine was REDUCED by legislature when he ordered me to pay the fine... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. Â George Bernard Shaw Â
M. T. Cross Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 Somehow I have never been nailed. I always maintained the speed limit in town or residential areas, but on the highway I averaged around 95-100 mp/h ( yes I went and converted it for you U.S.Aers . Then I saw a video of what happens to a Ford Focus at 105 mph when it hits something. I have slowed down since. Quote
Guest Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 Somehow I have never been nailed. I always maintained the speed limit in town or residential areas, but on the highway I averaged around 95-100 mp/h ( yes I went and converted it for you U.S.Aers . Then I saw a video of what happens to a Ford Focus at 105 mph when it hits something. I have slowed down since. Yes, if you hit something at that speed, it will leave a mark. Quote
LifeHiscost Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 Quote: just like all of the other false assumptions you make about religion I usually just pay the fine and let the Lord work out the details when He sets the record straight at the time of judgment. That way I can conserve my energy for something more useful than making attempt to prove myself/them more right/wrong when He who knows the Truth will make sure we are rewarded equitably without the probability of injuring our/their case more than is wise. OTOH I am interested in have the unjustifiable statement above laid out here in visual so ClubV12 can defend himself, maybe even in a new topic where it can be ascertained whether someone here might be bearing false witness, which I understand brings its' own nasty consequences. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
olger Posted February 18, 2012 Posted February 18, 2012 ...he said "Ceaser." Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Members phkrause Posted February 18, 2012 Members Posted February 18, 2012 I'm not even gonna confess as to some of the speeds I've driven. Because if there's a cop in attendance he just might mail me a ticket. Lets just say I've driven a camaro, a vette and a BMW to there speedometers limit's. In other words I've buried a few needles. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
LifeHiscost Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 Quote: And, when you worked as a 'Peace Officer' the bad guys did not have automatic weapons more powerful than you. How often did you or one or your brothers in blue pull over a car and have a possibility of being shot before or while approaching a vehicle? Makes it all not so laughable. What a relief to recognize an Elder Brother Who is willing to literally step in for the innocent, especially when it is without reasonable question and necessary for the humble and contrite. "The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: “I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts."Isaiah 57:15 NLT God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.