Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Everyone Is Welcome Here


Recommended Posts

Posted

Originally Posted By: EmptyCross
If you quit your job and REALLY apply yourself you could.

Bbbut I kinda like a paycheck. giggle

You don't need a pay check this month; you got one last month! lol

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

My X used to say, "We get more money next month, whats the problem?"

Posted

"Everyone is welcome here",,,, maybe,,,, therein lays the problem.

  • Moderators
Posted

And this from one of the posters on this forum,,,,

"You must quote the whole thing not just the parts that you like and assert that it is truth when in fact it is not because your methodology is wrong. You taint the Truth when you do this kind of sloppy thinking."

So, if I don't agree with your position it's because you have slopply thinking, in other words, your an idiot.

Doesn't that just have a ring of "Your all welcome around here" to it? No? Yeah, I didn't think so either....

Better read the OP again. The part about no guarantee of freedom from disagreement.

Truth is important

  • Moderators
Posted

Pam, I don't think you're responsible for their failures of reading comprehension... bwink

Truth is important

Posted

I disagree, your reasoning is illogical and flawed kind Sir. Your conclusions, "sloppy".

Posted

The part about no guarantee of freedom from disagreement.

I am actually usually shocked beyond belief when someone does agree with me! I don't mind if anyone doesn't, but civility and common courtesy is expected.

Posted

Quote:
We all have crosses to bear.

Which is all the more reason why all would be better off to accept Jesus as Lord.

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me."Matthew 16:24 NLT

"[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."Phil 2:13 AMP

brackets theirs' LHC

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted
Pam, I don't think you're responsible for their failures of reading comprehension... bwink
:like:

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

I disagree, your reasoning is illogical and flawed kind Sir. Your conclusions, "sloppy".

Actually; his reasoning is very good on this point. I believe it is sin to not welcome everyone to this forum; and treat them as Jesus would. Certainly, the forum rules reflect this too.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

"....but civility and common courtesy is expected."

No problem, kind Sir, Brother in the faith, with much piety may I comment?

Your reasoning does not contain book, chapter and verse, therefore, it is highly suspect and must be dismissed. Of course Overaged opinion are merely the ramblings of one associated with that Adventist.org group.

Posted

I reflected forum policy in my statement.

You have no authority here to say who is welcome or not welcome at the forum.

The Spirit is constantly seeking to draw forum members, and visitors to the great offering that was made at the cross of Calvary, for them; to unfold for them the love of God, through the precious pages of the Bible, and through the caring actions of forum members who dont care what beliefs they hold.

post-4001-140967452936_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

"....but civility and common courtesy is expected."

No problem, kind Sir, Brother in the faith, with much piety may I comment?

Your reasoning does not contain book, chapter and verse, therefore, it is highly suspect and must be dismissed. Of course Overaged opinion are merely the ramblings of one associated with that Adventist.org group.

Where does the Bible say this about me? Where does it say this about Bravus?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Posted

Oh I make no call as to anyones personal character kind Sir, I merely point out that I have an opinion that differs from yours. As all are welcome, I don't feel the need to express WHY, it is enough that I disagree, "just because", as I see that is all that is required of any poster on this forum.

As long as you can twist the knife in a pleasant way, insult with a smile and back stab your "brother" in love, it is enough.

If you need book, chapter and verse, I understand miz3 is an expert on that. You might want to inquire of him, uh, or her, whatever....

Posted

Oh I make no call as to anyones personal character kind Sir, I merely point out that I have an opinion that differs from yours. As all are welcome, I don't feel the need to express WHY, it is enough that I disagree, "just because", as I see that is all that is required of any poster on this forum.

As long as you can twist the knife in a pleasant way, insult with a smile and back stab your "brother" in love, it is enough.

If you need book, chapter and verse, I understand miz3 is an expert on that.

Huh?

Posted

Was I not clear enough in my counsel? What part of book, chapter and verse are you unable to grasp, dear one.

  • Moderators
Posted

Book: Luke

Chapter: 14

Verse: 23

"And the lord said unto the servant, `Go out into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.'"

Truth is important

Posted

Your use of this particular scripture shows a sloppy interpretation and poor methodology Bravus. I am shocked, I expected a more astute rendering of the word,,, "brother".

  • Moderators
Posted

{shrug}

Truth is important

Posted

I concur!!! Shrug,,, but if you haven't been hanging out in the Theology Townhall lately you may not be aware that those of us who do, face this exact delima everyday. Virtually every thread. Endless meaningless raints that go nowhere and add nothing to the dialog. Delivered under the cloak of "piety". Shrugging is not allowed, the attacks are relentless and in your face. Whatever response you may have is ignored, dismissed.

The "Adventist.org" society is continually demeaned, Ellen White called all manner of rude names. Now perhaps that doesn't bother YOU, maybe your OK with that kind of behaviour, the sly insults delivered in a loving way. The piety so thick you could cut it with a knife, but it's bloody piety, it's evil, you cannot escape it with a mere "shrug". It's deeply woven into the entire section.

Ignore it is the cry! Well, ignore me Bravus, just shrug and move on. But what if this continued in the next thread, and the next, in townhall? Would you simply, "shrug" again?

When IS enough, ENOUGH, Bravus? What DOES it take?

  • Moderators
Posted

That is *entirely* a matter for the moderator of that forum. Each moderator is responsible for setting the tone of his/her forum.

But my point remains the same: no *view* is censored, only behaviour.

If the behaviour is not being dealt with to your satisfaction, take that up with the relevant moderator.

If you do not get satisfaction, it may be necessary for you to avoid that forum.

There is no other way this site can operate.

Truth is important

Posted

I have no problem with the moderators, I am perfectly satisfied. I just don't agree with your opinion, mostly, because I don't care for you particular outlook on religion. I think you are grossly mistaken, so therefore, it's OK if I disagree with you for no reason at all and consider your logic "sloppy" and note your inconsistent use of the scriptures to state what you believe.

Having said that, it clear that I have completely shredded your position with FACTS!

Shrug all you like...

Ah yes,,, the old, shrug, ignore and avoid that section reasoning. Hey, heres a thought, if you don't like MY opinion, just avoid Townhall. Hows that work for you?

  • Moderators
Posted

You're determined to try to pick a fight despite my best efforts at peacemaking, so it's healthier for all concerned for me to shrug, a.k.a. turn the other cheek, a soft answer turns away wrath and many other Scriptures.

I'm not such a delicate flower that I *need* to leave a forum if I'm consistently disagreed with - as I am. Rather, I believe that iron sharpens iron, and welcome challenges to my views and assumptions.

I don't even require civility, for my own sake: I encourage it on behalf of those of less robust disposition.

Anyway, I have made my point with this thread, and you have helped with that: everyone is welcome, but everyone, no matter how inoffensive, will be challenged.

That is the nature of internet discussion forums in general, and this one is a paradise of gentility compared with 90% of the other ones out there.

Truth is important

Posted

Pick a fight? Me? Not all kind Sir, my deepest apologies, and let me add, I think the moderators are doing a terrific job! How wonderful that all are welcome to say just whatever is on their mind.

Your a great guy Bravus, it's just SO easy to SHRED your arguments with the most obvious FACTS. My sincere apology if the truth gets under your skin. Perhaps you could avoid this forum in the future if it so disturbing to you?

I certainly wish you the best, in that confused world we all must live in.

  • Members
Posted

Huh?

He's being sarcastic EC.

Opps, I think?

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...