Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 Yeah - one of your cohorts already said that. We have heard a lot of this from your side. If it doesn't suit your fancy - it should be deleted. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Naomi Posted July 29, 2012 Administrators Posted July 29, 2012 Ah, but as you said Woody, it is all in fun. Humm Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 Some here do need to obtain a sense of humor. I do see that. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 http://www.atoday.com/content/doug-batchelor-preaches-against-women-pastors "All through the Bible all the priest were men." I guess there are some here who do not appreciate Pastors who point out whats in the Bible... Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
teresaq Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 The thing we are really addressing our attention to today is the issue of women being ordained as pastors and elders. And what does the Bible say about that specific issue. Well as it’s said in that Virginia Slim’s slogan, “The times they are a changing, you’ve come a long way baby.” For instance in 1978, 19% of seminary students, you know seminary is where people study for ministry, where they study theology - they were women. By the way, the word seminary comes from the same word as semen. So it’s interesting that you’ve got so many women in the seminary studying for – that’s just where the root of the word is. 19 percent in 1978 were women. In 1994 slightly over 30 percent, so it went from 19 to 30 percent. Today a little over 50 percent, 51 percent of those that are in seminary studying for full-time ministry are women. And that’s among the protestant denominations. Of course the Catholics and some of the Orthodox churches have taken a very hard stance on that so it’s not that big an issue there. Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 Originally Posted By: teresaq(sda) http://www.atoday.com/content/doug-batchelor-preaches-against-women-pastors "All through the Bible all the priest were men." I guess there are some here who do not appreciate Pastors who point out whats in the Bible... Looking Left. Looking Right ... No --- I don't see any priests in our church now. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Yeah - one of your cohorts already said that. We have heard a lot of this from your side. If it doesn't suit your fancy - it should be deleted. Actually you have only heard it three times so far this year...that doesn't make for "a lot." Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Some here do need to obtain a sense of humor. I do see that. Rationalizing: Making Excuses Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
teresaq Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Originally Posted By: Doug Batchelor http://www.atoday.com/content/doug-batchelor-preaches-against-women-pastors "All through the Bible all the priest were men." I guess there are some here who do not appreciate Pastors who point out whats in the Bible... NRSV Isaiah 61:6 but you shall be called priests of the Lord, you shall be named ministers of our God; Hmmm, or overlook what is in the bible... Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
Sonja Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 The cartoon appears to reason that a person must be a hermaphrodite to be a pastor. How odd. Quote
teresaq Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 I wasn't able to see inside the pants.... Quote facebook. /teresa.quintero.790
jasd Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 >>Or could it be a whole new wave of false "miracles and manifestations" is on the horizion?<< I take it you mean by "false..." - that they derive from Satan and his angels or from occult sources (same thing), yes? Ain not miracles and manifestations, by and large, good?--you know, one moment blind, the next seeing... etc? Not to worry, Jesus Christ put the kibosh to that with the observation that a house divided against itself... well, you know. Moreover, it would be your responsibility to quash the "false..." (however they may be defined), as did Saint Paul the evil spirit of the 'certain damsel' who followed after him, saying, "These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." Oops, Saint Paul was practicing a bit of division there, eh? Well... Anyway, it is my opinion that it is high time the true Xtian is put to the test re the 'gates of hell'. It is past time that Xtians ought to raise even the dead - that the gates of hell should not prevail against them - that is the ekklesia. :) Quote
jasd Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Downloaded the article and will read it at leisure. Thanks, Quote
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 The cartoon appears to reason that a person must be a hermaphrodite to be a pastor. How odd. I have to agree; not only is it odd; it is disgusting and I have no problems saying that things like that should not be allowed on this board. It is absolutely wrong to get into those kinds of things, and that link from the OP should have been deleted. This topic should be moved to the Moderator's Storage forum. Some pictures are NOT worth a thousand words. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Moderators LynnDel Posted July 29, 2012 Moderators Posted July 29, 2012 I don't like the cartoon myself, but it does, in an ugly way, have the ring of truth regarding a very small qualification for ordination. Too often that very small qualification takes precedence over calling and giftedness (by the Spirit). Quote LD
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 No; it does not have "a ring of truth" to it at all. We should not make excuses for such disrespectful stuff on this board. I suppose someone is going to come along now and call it "Christian?" Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 are you going to call Pastor Doug's comments Christian? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 His comments are from the Bible atleast; so i will let you make that call. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 It's a shame when a person who is suppose to lead God's people - misrepresents scripture and abuses it and God's peoples. SO, I will let you decide. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 You will not "let me" do anything. I make my own decisions. No one on this board needs your approval for anything; especially when you post filthy cartoons as 'truth." Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Woody Posted July 29, 2012 Author Posted July 29, 2012 Quote: so i will let you make that call. Thank you Overaged. You are very generous. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
jasd Posted July 29, 2012 Posted July 29, 2012 Re cartoon: ...close enough to draw blood, eh?--or is that ire? Mebbe, instead, it's an 'ox' incident? Quote
Members phkrause Posted July 30, 2012 Members Posted July 30, 2012 I guess there are some here who do not appreciate Pastors who point out whats in the Bible... NRSV Isaiah 61:6 but you shall be called priests of the Lord, you shall be named ministers of our God; Hmmm, or overlook what is in the bible... Here's how the CJB interprets that verse directly from the hebrew: Isaiah 61:6 but you will be called cohanim of ADONAI, spoken of as ministers to our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations, and revel in their riches. and how the Online Tanakh interprets that same verse: And you shall be called the priests of the Lord; 'servants of our God' shall be said of you; the possessions of the nations you shall eat, and with their glory you shall succeed [them]. From what I read, I'd say Pastor Doug has got it right on. Again being a Jew, he has a little more insight than most, as to what was meant by the writers of the Bible. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted July 30, 2012 Members Posted July 30, 2012 Well than I will call him a Christian, and not just a Christian but a Messianic Jewish Christian, who knows the Bible better than anyone on this forum, bar none!!!!! I still have not read, heard anything in his sermon that was offensive to anyone. And one more thing for those that actually heard the sermon and read the sermon that teresaq posted, you will see how humble he is and not once did he make those that don't agree with him feel like they are wrong for opposing his point of view. Not like what I've read here on these WO threads, the disrespect for the other sides point of view by most. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted July 30, 2012 Administrators Posted July 30, 2012 Right On!!! Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.