Woody Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 My .01 cent worth is this: Facebook has singlehandedly killed most online forums. Not all, but a couple other forums I participated in over the years are way down in participation, it's crazy. The way people interact online I think is changing away from forums to Facebook. Very true. Another thing that kills forums is when you stifle opinions or you stifle topics that can be discussed. FB is wide open. Most anything can be discussed there. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted February 11, 2013 Moderators Posted February 11, 2013 For some reason the "good old days" always seems to be more attractive than the present for some. I certainly harken back to the 1950's USA. Life seemed so innocent. The music was appealing to my ears, not the noisy garbage I hear today. Life seemed slower paced, not the hectic one today. It seemed so much safer, not the constant bombardment with dead people shot to death. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 11, 2013 Moderators Posted February 11, 2013 Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 Here's to the 1950's. I enjoyed them also. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted February 11, 2013 Moderators Posted February 11, 2013 {wasn't born yet} Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 {wasn't born yet} Well as Gerry brought out - our memory of the past is always brightly colored. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
cricket Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 Yeah, I remember dressing up for 50's Day in grade school. Lots of people seemed to have fond memories of the 50's--but I'm not sure why (other than most people have fond memories of their youth). Those were the years that the US government spent spraying radioactive chemicals on lots of folk in my hometown. Good times! Quote
Woody Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 Yes. Cricket - they were indeed good times. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
cricket Posted February 11, 2013 Posted February 11, 2013 HEY ALL YES there has been a lot of change on this forum---new people added old people left---some ideas different some ideas the same but if we just post what we believe to be the best for all and these post are Christ center that that is the best for this forum...if some one seems to be getting to you just stop posting in that thread until we can make a positive comment or thought that is just me thinking again dgrimm60 dgrimm60!! That's one of the best ideas I've ever seen! Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted February 12, 2013 Moderators Posted February 12, 2013 In many places of the country, people didn't bother to lock their doors. One could thumb (hitchhike) his way with hardly a thought of danger. I wouldn't think of doing that today. Quote
Woody Posted February 12, 2013 Posted February 12, 2013 I've seen me many a change during my stay here at CA. I have seen libs become cons and cons become libs. Lots of excitement and drama. People come and go. But it remains a pretty cool place. With pretty cool people if you ask me. Each is beautiful in their own way. I love the diversity and feel there's plenty of room in God's Church for each person here. Thank you to one and all ......... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.