Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Kissing under a mistletoe


Recommended Posts

Posted

Frankly, I wonder where the pagans got the idea, as anything good only comes from God...and this time of year is good...anyways,

I'll let Billy's little dissertation persuade you Oh Come Let Us Adore Him ...

The gods of field and forest and star and sun and Roman Empire were shown to be no gods. And the day of praise which they had usurped was given back to God. The day of celebrations for the sun's return was made a day of celebration for the coming of the Sun of Righteousness, the babe in the manger.

We even know that paganism is arising again, that Christ is being outlawed from public schools and government property while neo-pagan and Gaia (earth) rituals are encouraged.

Solstice is once more being celebrated by some. So let's be against pagan elements that have clung to (or grown upon) the holy day called Christmas.

Our present day pagans (and their true leader) would like to take credit for much more than history actually records. Let us not glorify them. Paganism never quite lives up to its own self-portrait.

Ya know when I read comments like this I am never sure how to react. Either with great sorrow at the bigotry held in them, laugh at the half baked information, or take a sledge hammer and start smashing my monitor to little pieces.

I think I will go with a combo of the first two as my monitor did not do anything to deserve that.

Posted

not replying to anything/anyone specific, just jumping in here...

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Posted

not replying to anything/anyone specific, just jumping in here...

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

AJ

Thats awesome!

  • Administrators
Posted

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

I'd agree with that!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Members
Posted

not replying to anything/anyone specific, just jumping in here...

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

AJ

:like:

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Originally Posted By: Gordon1

:)

That's no answer ... Annie Oakley could ride 'em, rope 'em, shoot 'em and show you how it was done ... ROFL

um...what are we talking about here??? Kissing under the mistletoe or Annie Oakley riding cowboys??? What I remember Annie Oakley for was her shooting....very well done and rarely missed.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

not replying to anything/anyone specific, just jumping in here...

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

AJ

Um...just asking...but...um...any experience with this "beneath the nose" business ?

ayeyiyi

I know, I know...you're not the "kiss 'n tell" type..... angel1

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

Originally Posted By: aldona
not replying to anything/anyone specific, just jumping in here...

Some kiss beneath the mistletoe

Some kiss beneath the rose

But the very best place to kiss, I'm told,

Is just beneath the nose.

AJ

Um...just asking...but...um...any experience with this "beneath the nose" business ?

ayeyiyi

I know, I know...you're not the "kiss 'n tell" type..... angel1

...happily married for 18 years...(well, not always sweetness and light - the usual ups & downs that all couples hav - but we're still together. And it's always nice to kiss & make up after a disagreement!)

And that's all I'm going to say about "beneath the nose." I'm trying to put smilies in, but my computer is having technical difficulties.

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...