Neil D Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 LOL. Look at your avatars, you guys. Why be normal? Because everyone else is doing it. That may be joMoe's reason, but that is not mine......I've been here far longer than many, and I came with this avatar....My avatar expresses my frustration with many from the political board and some of those idiots come in to the 'normal' sections and display behaviors that make many of us SDAs look ...well, it ain't normal behavior...not sure what it is....... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
cricket Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 I know, Neil. Just giving you trouble. Like normal. Quote
JoeMo Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 cricket- What makes you think that's my avatar? Just cuz I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get me ... Quote
cricket Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 Um...it's under your name. That's why I think it's yours. And, they probably are out to get you--they're after all the normal people. Quote
JoeMo Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 cricket- you think I'm normal? That's NOT normal! Quote
Liz Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 Being 'Normal' I once came across a rather ordinary man Who believed in being perfectly normal He smiled at me and took my hand And kissed it in a manner quite formal He took me to the movies and the shops He seduced me until I was besotted He fed me chocolate and push-pops And played with my hair until it was knotted But every time I did something original he’d scorn He hated my creativity and uniqueness He ordered me to act more like the norm And like a slave I obeyed him, I must confess Soon I was dressing in the fashion I was acting like one of those sheep, too I threw away my one true passion And had never been so blue Every time I acted ‘strange’, I covered it with jokes Sometimes he’d discover my fake outs And I’d receive warning pokes, Although I couldn’t stop my upset pouts In time I grew more miserable So I ended our relationship I was really tired of his bull Though I felt my heart rip He found out who I was and that I’d lied For I’d stopped pretending with the comical wit He asked me why I was so weird and I replied “I tried being ‘normal’ once, I didn’t like it” Lenore Lee Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Stan Posted January 9, 2013 Author Posted January 9, 2013 I am normal. NOPE, you are exceptional. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
cricket Posted January 9, 2013 Posted January 9, 2013 Aw, thanks, Stan! I think you're quite exceptional too! Quote
Administrators Gail Posted January 9, 2013 Administrators Posted January 9, 2013 HEY ALL so have we decided that A we are all normal B we are all average c we are both A and B d none of the above JUST WONDERING HERE I like the option that comes after d Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted January 9, 2013 Administrators Posted January 9, 2013 So... When is it time for the new normal? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Neil D Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 I know, Neil. Just giving you trouble. Like normal. Awwww....your type of "trouble", lass, tain't no trouble atal....And normally, I'd have no trouble with your troubles...and if I did, I wouldn't tell ye....but i'd draw up the cuppa tea and cookies and listen ta ya troubles... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Neil D Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 Originally Posted By: dgrimm60 HEY ALL so have we decided that A we are all normal B we are all average c we are both A and B d none of the above JUST WONDERING HERE I like the option that comes after d Sooooo, you're just wondering...? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Neil D Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 So... When is it time for the new normal? Me thinks that it's time for the exceptional.......or we could do that wondering thing...... we've had the bar on the ground for so long....time to get it up....off the ground... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
cricket Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 Originally Posted By: cricket I know, Neil. Just giving you trouble. Like normal. Awwww....your type of "trouble", lass, tain't no trouble atal....And normally, I'd have no trouble with your troubles...and if I did, I wouldn't tell ye....but i'd draw up the cuppa tea and cookies and listen ta ya troubles... Normally. Quote
Neil D Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 Yes...normally.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
cricket Posted January 10, 2013 Posted January 10, 2013 Normally, dgrimm, this would end such discussion, but I don't think we're quite there yet. Quote
bluebelle Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 I thought I was almost normal...... once.... Well thank goodness you caught it in time... Quote
bluebelle Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 Originally Posted By: dgrimm60 HEY ALL so have we decided that A we are all normal B we are all average c we are both A and B d none of the above JUST WONDERING HERE I like the option that comes after d I like the option that comes before a... Quote
Ted Oplinger Posted February 4, 2013 Posted February 4, 2013 So you've decided what the conclusion was???? That's not really normal for here...is it? Blessings, Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Administrators debbym Posted February 4, 2013 Administrators Posted February 4, 2013 Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. Quote deb Love awakens love. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Administrators Gail Posted February 4, 2013 Administrators Posted February 4, 2013 Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
LifeHiscost Posted February 5, 2013 Posted February 5, 2013 It's all relative Maybe your relatives but not mine. LoL God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
cooldude Posted February 6, 2013 Posted February 6, 2013 Maybe we should be discussing who is a normal Adventist, and whether that is someone who accepts without question every tenet and every claim of the church. cooldude Asking the awkward questions Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 6, 2013 Moderators Posted February 6, 2013 I think everyone on here is extraordinary. Can one be extraordinary and normal at the same time? LD Quote LD
Woody Posted February 7, 2013 Posted February 7, 2013 I think everyone on here is extraordinary. Can one be extraordinary and normal at the same time? LD Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.