joeb Posted January 24, 2013 Posted January 24, 2013 I've had a couple of my posts modded for being "political" and I don't understand the double standard that exists here. The first post of mine was made in response to a statement that there are no good people in the NRA. This statement is demeaning to all members of the NRA and would never be made by a politically conservative person. The only person who would say it is someone with liberal/progressive stance. Thus it is an overt political statement, along with being demeaning to the millions of NRA members. Why a response by a politically conservative person is deleted/modified and the original statement allowed to stand with no comment by the moderator shows a deliberate political bias by that moderator. Complaining about political statements made by only one side of the political spectrum is anything but even-handed or fair. The second post of mine moved and termed a political problem was made in response to a joke. I commented that the joke was funny, but once again the joke had political implications. It was a rehash of the Obama attacks against Republical/conservative led house in which he blames them for all the political gridlock in this country. Once again a political response to a political joke was basically said to be offensive. This is once again a politically biased instance of moderation. I'd say, Tom, if you can't be even-handed in your moderation of political posts, then you have no business moderating political posts. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
BobRyan Posted January 24, 2013 Posted January 24, 2013 I've had a couple of my posts modded for being "political" and I don't understand the double standard that exists here. The first post of mine was made in response to a statement that there are no good people in the NRA. This statement is demeaning to all members of the NRA and would never be made by a politically conservative person. The only person who would say it is someone with liberal/progressive stance. Thus it is an overt political statement, along with being demeaning to the millions of NRA members. Why a response by a politically conservative person is deleted/modified and the original statement allowed to stand with no comment by the moderator shows a deliberate political bias by that moderator. I didn't see your post so I don't know whether it was a valid thing to do or not from a conservative POV. I do know that we have a lot of liberals on this board. You weren't in the "original thoughts" territory by any chance - were you? in Christ, Bob Quote John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.
Members phkrause Posted January 24, 2013 Members Posted January 24, 2013 So ask Stan to look into it? Or are you concerned that you claim is not valid? Just asking! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
joeb Posted January 24, 2013 Author Posted January 24, 2013 So ask Stan to look into it? Or are you concerned that you claim is not valid? Just asking! I just figure that if Tom is going to publicly chastise me he needs to publicly make things right. Back channel communication does nothing to address that. And, if I'm convinced I'm wrong I have nothing against publicly apologizing. I'm just truly convinced that transparency is by far the best policy. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Administrators Gail Posted January 24, 2013 Administrators Posted January 24, 2013 I'm so glad this was listed in the "non-serious" section No need to wonder further... I had been watching this, too, wondering how it would play out. I moved it to the U.S. Politics section which seems to me to be a better fit. Even if it wasn't intended to start out as a political thread, it had the potential to become one quickly. The politics area has only limited moderation. Joeb, do you have access there? Would you like access there? Please let me know. If you would like a discussion with administration about this issue feel free to begin a PM discussion including Stan, Tom and myself and we can mull it over together. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
joeb Posted January 25, 2013 Author Posted January 25, 2013 Originally Posted By: joeb I've had a couple of my posts modded for being "political" and I don't understand the double standard that exists here. The first post of mine was made in response to a statement that there are no good people in the NRA. This statement is demeaning to all members of the NRA and would never be made by a politically conservative person. The only person who would say it is someone with liberal/progressive stance. Thus it is an overt political statement, along with being demeaning to the millions of NRA members. Why a response by a politically conservative person is deleted/modified and the original statement allowed to stand with no comment by the moderator shows a deliberate political bias by that moderator. I didn't see your post so I don't know whether it was a valid thing to do or not from a conservative POV. I do know that we have a lot of liberals on this board. You weren't in the "original thoughts" territory by any chance - were you? in Christ, Bob No, I was not. One post was in the Townhall forum and the other was in this forum. If I get out of line I'm normally pretty cognizant of the fact. I have a pretty active conscience and am willing to take rebuke when it is called for. In these two cases I was not out of line. I simply stated what I believe to be fact, without any kind of personal attack on anyone. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
joeb Posted January 25, 2013 Author Posted January 25, 2013 I'm so glad this was listed in the "non-serious" section No need to wonder further... I had been watching this, too, wondering how it would play out. I moved it to the U.S. Politics section which seems to me to be a better fit. Even if it wasn't intended to start out as a political thread, it had the potential to become one quickly. The politics area has only limited moderation. Joeb, do you have access there? Would you like access there? Please let me know. If you would like a discussion with administration about this issue feel free to begin a PM discussion including Stan, Tom and myself and we can mull it over together. LOL at what I bolded. It was placed here because this forum was the last forum one of my posts was moderated. If you could give me access to the US Politics forum I'd appreciate it as I do not now have access to it. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
joeb Posted January 25, 2013 Author Posted January 25, 2013 It appears I owe at least a partial apology to Tom for jumping to the conclusion that he moderated the post in this forum too. So, sorry, Tom. My bad. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Members phkrause Posted January 25, 2013 Members Posted January 25, 2013 Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
joeb Posted January 25, 2013 Author Posted January 25, 2013 I see. So that's your response to honesty and taking responsibility? Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Administrators Gail Posted January 25, 2013 Administrators Posted January 25, 2013 Joeb, you should be able to see US Politics now. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
OzarkWoman Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 Originally Posted By: pkrause I see. So that's your response to honesty and taking responsibility? Don't you dare go after PK. I will not accept that!!! Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 25, 2013 Members Posted January 25, 2013 not specifically referring to anyone, but sometimes C/A reminds me of this... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
OzarkWoman Posted January 25, 2013 Posted January 25, 2013 not specifically referring to anyone, but sometimes C/A reminds me of this... but true for the most part!! Quote
joeb Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Don't you dare go after PK. I will not accept that!!! I see.... He can be catty and sarcastic to me, but any reply of mine that holds him responsible for his actions towards me is unacceptable to you.... Nice to see that you're even-handed and fair. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
joeb Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Thank you Gail. I appreciate your help. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Woody Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Originally Posted By: OzarkWoman Don't you dare go after PK. I will not accept that!!! I see.... He can be catty and sarcastic to me, but any reply of mine that holds him responsible for his actions towards me is unacceptable to you.... Nice to see that you're even-handed and fair. We are all humans here. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Gordon1 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 We are all humans here. Nailed the problem. Quote
joeb Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Nailed the problem. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
JoeMo Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Loved your post with the attachment from the 1950's Pam! Quote
Gordon1 Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Joeb - haven't followed your posts. You could avoid the Townhall Forum. Quote
joeb Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 Joeb - haven't followed your posts. You could avoid the Townhall Forum. What difference does it make what forum I'm posting in? I just don't get the attitude that sees a question asked about an attitude given a snarky response to a post of mine as an attack on someone. Thus the response of mine that I must someone be considered to be subhuman, by said poster, without even the right even ask questions about snarky posts. I'm not mad about it, just raising my eyebrows at the idea. I've been treated far worse in my life by people much closer to me than either poster so it's all relative. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
JoeMo Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 joeb, See my topic in the Townhall about the difference between attacks and debate. Just started it today before I read this thread. Some see it as an unnecessary topic. I don't see it that way. No one should be attacking anyone else on this site. We don't need "Facebook" style drama here. If I wanted Facebook style drama, I'd have a Facebook page. Quote
Woody Posted January 30, 2013 Posted January 30, 2013 Originally Posted By: Woody We are all humans here. Nailed the problem. And we always will be till He comes to take us sinners Home. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
joeb Posted January 30, 2013 Author Posted January 30, 2013 joeb,See my topic in the Townhall about the difference between attacks and debate. Just started it today before I read this thread. Some see it as an unnecessary topic. I don't see it that way. No one should be attacking anyone else on this site. We don't need "Facebook" style drama here. If I wanted Facebook style drama, I'd have a Facebook page. Yes, no one "should be" attacking anyone else, but that just isn't human nature. It's also part of human nature that some posts will be seen as attacks when they aren't meant that way by the poster themselves. What pushes my buttons may not push yours, and vice versa, so "attack" is a relative idea. It's the old saw/adage that says what you say/do to me hurts me far more than it hurts you.... Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.