Stan Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 I am a dog person. Have been that way since birth. Cats are ok, something I can do without but not eager to put them out. Same with cat people. People had noticed I was a dog person since my early years. I do not think I had any control over that, and have been one since birth. Some friends think I should change, and have been very vocal about that. I am ok with cat People, I am not wanting them to be dog people. I suppose I could fake being a cat person if I really needed to. I am friend with both dog and cat people. Some have suggested that it is time I became a cat person, and that if I really tried and prayed hard, I could become a cat person. That is among the dumbest things I have ever been told. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Guest Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Dog people make the best people. Or so I've heard. I think I might be a dog person also. Quote
Stan Posted June 22, 2013 Author Posted June 22, 2013 Plus as a bonus, you are a mac person. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Guest Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 I guess, if an iPad qualifies me. I sure don't mind being called a mac person. Quote
Guest Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Maybe one day I can afford one for the desktop. That little keyboard you see there is what I use with my iPad when I'm propped up in bed. ) Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 22, 2013 Administrators Posted June 22, 2013 Photo proof that I have been a dog person from an early age... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted June 22, 2013 Members Posted June 22, 2013 I've always had a dog, except for the last few years. The boss wants nothing to do with any animal, so I don't have one at the moment. As far as cats, really don't care for them. We've had a number of them through the years, but give me a dog any time over a cat. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 22, 2013 Administrators Posted June 22, 2013 Back when that picture was taken we raised standard collies. (Whole pic is me and my 3 older brothers holding the litter.) I can't remember a time growing up when we didn't have at least one dog. Of course, on the farm we had a whole lot of other animals too. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Guest Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Back when that picture was taken we raised standard collies. (Whole pic is me and my 3 older brothers holding the litter.) I can't remember a time growing up when we didn't have at least one dog. Of course, on the farm we had a whole lot of other animals too. You were blessed. My dad wouldn't let me have a dog when I was a kid. I had to wait until I was a young adult. :) Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted June 23, 2013 Moderators Posted June 23, 2013 I loved dogs for as long as I could remember. My 2 Aunts had a dog with tiger markings and I pretty much claimed it as my own. I learned to hate cats early on because the one we had one day pooped on our wood-fired stove and got rid of it. I used to say, the only good cat is a dead cat. So my wife who was a cat lover never brought up the subject of owning a cat. I have had several dogs over the years. The last two dogs I had was a golden retriever and a half rottweiler and half black lab. They were such lovable dogs. They died a year apart a little over 4 years ago, and I cried for several days afterward. I miss them a lot. One lived 12 years and the other 13. Twenty-one years ago, I was jogging down the road with my other dogs before the last two, one of them stopped and saw one sniffing a tiny creature. It was a kitten which could not have been more than several days old. Whether it was a feral cat or one that was just abandoned and left to die, I'll never know. I took pity on it and took it home. My wife and I think it was a God-send in retrospect. She loved that cat and that cat loved her. But that cat hated me. The only reason I could think of was because when I brought it home, I found she was thoroughly infested with fleas! I had the bright idea of putting her under water with just her eyes and nose above water to get rid of the fleas. Sure enough, all the fleas came up where I could just pick them off one by one. We believe it was a God-send because it convinced my wife that if a little creature like that could love her like it did, the One who created it must love her more than that cat. It helped her through some very rough personal issues in her life. After 21 years, she died a few months ago. When my wife started having health problems, the cat started sleeping on her chest or on her abdomen. One morning, I found the cat dead on my wife's chest. The last few years, the cat and I made peace and could tolerate me. About two months after the cat died, we adopted one that had very similar markings. What a difference! It is very playful. She often follows me around. I'd be in deep thought studying and she would come and tap me on the side and then runs off as fast as she could. She has become my alarm clock too. Soon after 6 a.m. she would start tapping me or playing with my feet until I get out of bed. Now I'm not only a dog person but also a cat person. Quote
olger Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Photo proof that I have been a dog man from an early age... [edit] Cleaned up political-correct language. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 23, 2013 Administrators Posted June 23, 2013 Looks like a picture of a boy, not a man... But have it your way, you non-person! Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Stan Posted June 23, 2013 Author Posted June 23, 2013 Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore Photo proof that I have been a dog man from an early age... [edit] Cleaned up political-correct language. What you want to be Politically Correct? Did you fall on your head or have a strong. Can you tell me your name, the date, and when you were born? Am afraid for you Ger... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
olger Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 I see stars.... Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Kountzer Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Currently have a black lab rescue dog. She is very mellow. She has an iron stomach though, loves to eat 24/7, especially food that I am eating. She is very athletic, she runs up and down the stairs like a gazelle, or an nfl running back. Funny dog, smart too. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted June 23, 2013 Members Posted June 23, 2013 Woof Woof Woof!!!! I Love Dogs!!! Except for the few months time between when I've had to put one to sleep and when I bring home another, I've ALWAYS had a dog... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Guest Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 That was a touching story Gerry. Thanks for sharing it. I've got some outdoor cats that I feed. One of them I rescued from a horrible death when it was a little kitten. It likes me, and lets me pet it. I don't mind feeding them because they keep the mice away. Also I haven't seen any copperheads in a few years. I guess if there's no mice to eat, then... or maybe they're just afraid of cats. Who knows? ) Quote
olger Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Looks like a picture of a boy, not a man... But have it your way, you non-person! You were cute then. What happened? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 23, 2013 Administrators Posted June 23, 2013 What do you mean? I'm still cute.. In an old geezer sort of way! Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Ellen Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Count me as a dog person. I grew up with cats and had a sad experience when we moved to a new place and my cat woudn't stay at the new place. I called him and called but he ran in the direction of our old place 25 miles away and never saw him again. My husband grew up with dogs so we have had a series of dogs. Tina is 13 and has some lumps and enlarged organs. We know her days are numbered. She is part sheltie, part border collie and maybe some spaniel. Loveable but very strong border oollie habbits. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted June 23, 2013 Administrators Posted June 23, 2013 Well, I'm glad that Gerry learned to swing both ways... LOL Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Guest Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Well, I'm glad that Gerry learned to swing both ways... LOL Quote
olger Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Well, I'm glad that Gerry learned to swing both ways... LOL Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Ted Oplinger Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 Bird people are a whole different breed. Lovable, but very much different from either cat or dog lovers. As for me and my house...we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. Historically, though - we got the dogs first. Every cat we've had has been a sad sack case which wandered on the premises and eventually got adopted (though cats are usually the ones thinking they doing the adopting...) Blessings! Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.